Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Recurring figures in dreams  (Read 2038 times)

goblin-queen

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: A hodge-podge
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Recurring figures in dreams
« on: November 29, 2018, 04:31:08 pm »
For the longest time I would have the same figure appear in my dreams. She was a lovely little old lady in a blue anorak. She was slightly hunched over and always gave me advice. She would just show up in some dreams, I'd turn a corner and bam! old lady.

I've not seen her for a while, which I'm quite sad about as whenever she appeared I would wake up feeling so lovely. Like I had just ate a big plate of freshly baked cookies.

I suppose I don't really have a question, I just wanted to share my experience. But I suppose I am interested if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Btw sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where else to post it. ^^;
“...talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.”

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Recurring figures in dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:21:34 pm »
For the longest time I would have the same figure appear in my dreams. She was a lovely little old lady in a blue anorak. She was slightly hunched over and always gave me advice. She would just show up in some dreams, I'd turn a corner and bam! old lady.

I've not seen her for a while, which I'm quite sad about as whenever she appeared I would wake up feeling so lovely. Like I had just ate a big plate of freshly baked cookies.

I suppose I don't really have a question, I just wanted to share my experience. But I suppose I am interested if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Btw sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where else to post it. ^^;

I haven't had this with a person,  really,  but there was for awhile a recurring dream-place that always made me incredibly wistful and I sometimes seriously considered it a glimpse of heaven, or at least as something that would be a requirement as a part of the idea of an idyllic afterlife. 

It was in appearance a little early-mid 20th century truck stop cafe, at a four-armed crossroads of rutted, unpaved jeep trails deep in the sagebrush desert such as I grew up in.  From the outside, it appeared almost abandoned,  and the sky and air had the look and feel it does just after one of those short, intense desert rains.  Inside was always clean, and despite the humbleness of the surroundings you could have the finest food and wine and a cloth on the table, and were always looking out the window on the wild storm with those incredible purple-black clouds that form in the desert monsoon season, and would meet up with beloved dead and spirit guides for a peaceful and delicious meal.

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Lost/Searching
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Re: Recurring figures in dreams
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:05:54 am »
For the longest time I would have the same figure appear in my dreams.

*snip*

I haven't had this with a person,  really,  but there was for awhile a recurring dream-place that always made me incredibly wistful *snip*

I have a form of each! Its really nice to know I'm not alone in having these things happen though.

As long as I can remember there has been this white fox that shows up and leads me through difficult dreams or through any dream in difficult times.

He is strange for two reasons:
  • he looks like a type of fox I had NO IDEA existed until about a month ago when I was googling foxes to practice drawing
  • that he has a design on his paw pads (that I tried to replicate in a tattoo so I could keep him with me)

The place(s) vary, though I know when I've visited one because I wake up with this ache to go there. No idea where the place(s) is/are but I usually spend the rest of the day in a funk because I want to be there so badly.

Tags: