collapse
2019 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $650 (same as last year) to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 16 Sept 2019: $660 donated. $10 more our minimum goal! Let's beat last year's total of $99 more than the minimum!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: OK, spirit activity?  (Read 4140 times)

Catherine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 990
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
OK, spirit activity?
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:39:26 pm »
Okay, so here's a thing.
About two weeks ago, a strange thing happened at my sister's place. In my niece's room, some books were moved. They were taken from the shelf they were on and moved to a chair. It was like someone picked up the whole row of books and upended them, then stacked them on a chair.

Sister says she's asked every member of the family if they did it, and everyone says no. The boys don't admit to it, mom says she didn't do it, so does dad (they both babysit).

Sister asked me if I thought it could be our Gram. I said no, because it's completely out of character for her to mess things up. Putting things away? Yeah, totally her deal. Out of order, not so much, she hated when things were messy.

Anyway, one of my questions is, could a spirit have that much strength? I mean, it seams like a whole lot of effort to move a big stack of heavy books, right? Is it possible that a ghost could do something like that? I've never seen that happen...but I'm hardly an authority on that stuff.

Also, my niece has been doing another strange thing. She seems to be seeing people. She will point into an empty room and call Gammy, Gammy, Hi Gammy! (Gammy=Grandma) when there's nobody there. Sure she could be pretending, but I'm not sure if that kind of make believe is consistent, developmentally, with her age. She's 1year, 8months old.

Anyhoo, strange stuff. Any insights? I'm just not sure what to make of all of this and I don't know what to tell my sister. She's really worried. I don't necessarily think she needs to worry, but I don't have any answers for her either. Any thoughts?

Dark Waters

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 234
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:10 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;100948
Okay, so here's a thing.
About two weeks ago, a strange thing happened at my sister's place. In my niece's room, some books were moved. They were taken from the shelf they were on and moved to a chair. It was like someone picked up the whole row of books and upended them, then stacked them on a chair.

Sister says she's asked every member of the family if they did it, and everyone says no. The boys don't admit to it, mom says she didn't do it, so does dad (they both babysit).

Sister asked me if I thought it could be our Gram. I said no, because it's completely out of character for her to mess things up. Putting things away? Yeah, totally her deal. Out of order, not so much, she hated when things were messy.

Anyway, one of my questions is, could a spirit have that much strength? I mean, it seams like a whole lot of effort to move a big stack of heavy books, right? Is it possible that a ghost could do something like that? I've never seen that happen...but I'm hardly an authority on that stuff.

Also, my niece has been doing another strange thing. She seems to be seeing people. She will point into an empty room and call Gammy, Gammy, Hi Gammy! (Gammy=Grandma) when there's nobody there. Sure she could be pretending, but I'm not sure if that kind of make believe is consistent, developmentally, with her age. She's 1year, 8months old.

Anyhoo, strange stuff. Any insights? I'm just not sure what to make of all of this and I don't know what to tell my sister. She's really worried. I don't necessarily think she needs to worry, but I don't have any answers for her either. Any thoughts?

 
Kinda hard to say on that info

Someone could have moved the books to clean or look for something and forgot about it.

And seeing people? Is Gammy dead? What do you feel (not see) when she does this, could a spirit presence be there?

It could be all innocent and coincidental, or it could be something more, hard to tell.
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Catherine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 990
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:35:11 pm »
Quote from: Dark Waters;100951
Kinda hard to say on that info


Yeah, I know it's not much to go on, but it's all that I've got.
 
Quote
Someone could have moved the books to clean or look for something and forgot about it.


I thought the same thing, but Sister swears No. I thought it was one of the boys moving things about the room. But they both say they didn't touch anything.

Quote
And seeing people? Is Gammy dead? What do you feel (not see) when she does this, could a spirit presence be there?


She's got many dead Gammys (Grandmothers, great grandmothers etc.) I've never been there when she does this, so I have no feelings to go on. I suppose there could be a spirit there, but it's not the spirit of the grandmother that I grew up with. Moving things out of their proper place isn't her style. Putting things away... yep. Not moving them, though.

Quote
It could be all innocent and coincidental, or it could be something more, hard to tell.


It is hard to tell. But, Sister is kind of freaked out about it, so I thought I'd ask the group for any insights or ideas.

Vale

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 333
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;100948


Anyway, one of my questions is, could a spirit have that much strength? I mean, it seams like a whole lot of effort to move a big stack of heavy books, right? Is it possible that a ghost could do something like that? I've never seen that happen...but I'm hardly an authority on that stuff.



I don't see why not.

I've had things moved whilst I've been alone in the house so I know that no one could have done it. The most memorable being a piece of fabric I'd cut out and left on the dining room table. I  left the room to get the sewing machine and came back to find the fabric had gone.  It never did show up. I guess he/she didn't like my choice of material!

I've heard  anecdotal evidence of furniture being moved although I've never experienced that personally - generally its smaller stuff like shoes, books and jewellery that get re-arranged here. Annoying at times but I've never felt the need to try and evict our "guest".

Catherine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 990
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 06:12:30 pm »
Quote from: Vale;101122
I don't see why not.

I've had things moved whilst I've been alone in the house so I know that no one could have done it. The most memorable being a piece of fabric I'd cut out and left on the dining room table. I  left the room to get the sewing machine and came back to find the fabric had gone.  It never did show up. I guess he/she didn't like my choice of material!


Ha! I guess not.
 
Quote
I've heard  anecdotal evidence of furniture being moved although I've never experienced that personally - generally its smaller stuff like shoes, books and jewellery that get re-arranged here. Annoying at times but I've never felt the need to try and evict our "guest".


Yeah, I hear about these things, but I've never experienced it myself. I guess that's why I'm kind of skeptical about the whole thing.

Since we've ruled out our late grandmother, Sister thinks that maybe it's the woman who lived there before they bought the place.

Also, I realized that my post above was about as clear as mud. I'm blaming it on my persistent insomnia. Anyway, both my mom and Brother In Law's mom are still alive, so she does have two people that she calls Gammy. Maybe my niece is seeing an older woman and she automatically assumes that Gammy is the appropriate word.

SPhoenix

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 73
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 10:17:19 am »
Quote from: Catherine;100948
Any thoughts?

 
Lots of them. :p  These are all from my experience. I am not trying to sell myself as some sort of licensed paranormal professional (because, in part, that whole idea/concept is patently absurd to me). I'd be willing to discuss my personal experience more in private, but not openly. PM me if you have an overwhelming desire to know upon what I base my experience, lol.

Yes, spirits can move things. Very large things. It really depends on many factors. Nearly all spirits fall into one of two categories, in my experience; souls or constructs.

Souls, since they are either remnants of those who have passed, or are 'ghosts', will always do positive things. The basic nature of human souls, despite what people will tell you (and how a lot of people act) is good. When a person dies, or even when an ensouled animal dies, they have a single message for those they have left behind: I love you, more than you can ever imagine.

Any spirit that acts outside of this parameter is a construct of some sort. Examples of constructs are poltergeists, ghostly apparitions (they appear as spirits of the deceased), demons, djinn, and orbs.

Children tend to still be able to see the spirits of those who have passed. A granny can be a greatgranny, not only a grand granny. Even great-greats can linger at times, if they feel that they might still be able to get "I love you" across to someone who missed it.

More frequently, things such as your sister is experiencing can come from ghostly apparitions or constructs like demons or poltergeists. A very devout religious person who believes that demons are really real can create psychic constructs. These constructs, depending upon the willingness of their target to believe in them, can do anything from simple mischief to terrifying them, to outright attacking them.

Sometimes this poltergeist-like psychic construct can be connected to an object or item. For example, ancient bibles can sometimes have constructs attached to them. Many years of utter faith in 'demons' and the many prayers and incantations said over them can create these constructs unintentionally (this is USUALLY not a malicious or intentional thing). This is why you'll hear stories like, "One day I picked up my family's old bible and started reading it, and suddenly I was under attack by demons".

What has happened in most of these cases is that someone's deep faith in demons attached a psychic construct to the item (which happens to be a bible). When activated by "an unbeliever" the psychic construct behaved as the believer who created it (unintentionally) meant for it to behave... until the person uses the phrase that the creator expects the demon to respond to (in Jesus' name or some variant, usually), the construct will continue to behave as its creator thinks or thought a demon should. Once the deactivation phrase (or conversion) occurs, the construct "dies". It is uncreated.

This can be done with the creation of "fairy" like beings, brownie like beings, and ghosts or poltergeists, so I am not singling out the creation of demon psychic constructs.

The key point I am making here is that the 'attacked' person (or, the person receiving benevolent blessings, as in some cases is true with 'guardian angel' constructs, or fairy constructs) must ACCEPT to some degree, the belief in the phenomenon. So a person "attacked" by a demon construct, on some level, believes in and accepts the possibility.

Humans have ultimate authority over both passed souls and psychic constructs. When a human begins to understand this fully, then they can no longer be plagued by ghostly apparitions, fairies, brownies, demons, poltergeists, etc. and ad nauseum.

Whatever phenomenon is occurring, it is clear that your sister believes in it. So the answer for her is for her to begin to consider, and then accept, the knowledge that she has the authority and control in the situation (sometimes easier said than done).

Anyway. I hope that wasn't so woo-woo that you quit reading in the first two seconds. Hopefully, you gave it at least 4. :p

Catherine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 990
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:53:53 am »
Quote from: SPhoenix;102025

Anyway. I hope that wasn't so woo-woo that you quit reading in the first two seconds. Hopefully, you gave it at least 4. :p

 
Yeah... I'm still not convinced that someone didn't move the books for some reason, then forget to put them back. Demons, djinn, constructs? That's really stretching it for me.

But thanks for your input anyway.

SPhoenix

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 73
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;102028
Yeah... I'm still not convinced that someone didn't move the books for some reason, then forget to put them back. Demons, djinn, constructs? That's really stretching it for me.

But thanks for your input anyway.

 
Right. I was writing it for your sister, really. You made it clear that you cannot and will not accept the possibility of such phenomenon. On the other hand, your sister feels she IS experiencing it. Hearing from someone else who HAS experienced it directly, and who has managed to do so without fear, might help her.  Of course, the possibility that you might even let her read it was distant, but not impossible. It's the risk you take when you stick your neck out there.

All the best to you and yours.

Catherine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 990
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 07:00:32 pm »
Quote from: SPhoenix;102040
Right. I was writing it for your sister, really. You made it clear that you cannot and will not accept the possibility of such phenomenon. On the other hand, your sister feels she IS experiencing it. Hearing from someone else who HAS experienced it directly, and who has managed to do so without fear, might help her.  Of course, the possibility that you might even let her read it was distant, but not impossible. It's the risk you take when you stick your neck out there.

All the best to you and yours.


The possibility of what, exactly? Some sort of spirit activity? If I didn't believe it was possible, I wouldn't have asked about it here. However, jumping to the kinds of conclusions that you did, seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Also, I don't necessarily agree with your theories, so there's that. But I didn't want to pick apart your whole post, since I thought you were trying to be helpful.

And, "let her read it"? I had to laugh at that. If you knew my sister, you'd know she's even less likely than I am to take the idea of demons, djinn, and constructs seriously. My sister knows all about TC. If she had any interest at all, she'd sign up herself.

If it makes you feel any better, I fully intend to tell her all about your theories.

Nefure

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 12
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 12:26:03 pm »
Being music I have no choice but to see them. I had a male earth bound throw a dish cloth and hit the kitchen counter because I was calling someone to get rid of him! I am serious! I feel Like this one is feeding off your energy.As was the case for me. You ave 2 around you...
NEFERURE "Beauty of Re" Eternal Egypt 2005...

Catherine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 990
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 12:36:33 pm »
Quote from: Nefure;102491
Being music I have no choice but to see them. I had a male earth bound throw a dish cloth and hit the kitchen counter because I was calling someone to get rid of him! I am serious! I feel Like this one is feeding off your energy.As was the case for me. You ave 2 around you...

 
Who are you talking to in this thread? Without a quote, it's impossible to tell.

Nefure

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 12
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 01:42:42 pm »
They can use the energy of a human host...I was using tapatalk app. It was not working so well. Lol...
NEFERURE "Beauty of Re" Eternal Egypt 2005...

Tana

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2295
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 01:58:04 pm »
Quote from: Nefure;102491
Being music I have no choice but to see them. I had a male earth bound throw a dish cloth and hit the kitchen counter because I was calling someone to get rid of him! I am serious! I feel Like this one is feeding off your energy.As was the case for me. You ave 2 around you...


A Reminder:
Nefure, just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Tana, TC-Staff
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Asch

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 883
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 02:18:32 pm »
Quote from: Nefure;102509
They can use the energy of a human host...I was using tapatalk app. It was not working so well. Lol...

 
With tapatalk if you press and hold on someone's post the option to quote will pop up.

Nefure

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 12
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
OK, spirit activity?
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 02:29:04 pm »
Quote from: Asch;102520
With tapatalk if you press and hold on someone's post the option to quote will pop up.

I hope I am doing this the correct way now. Thank you.
NEFERURE "Beauty of Re" Eternal Egypt 2005...

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
20 Replies
4597 Views
Last post July 25, 2011, 12:43:15 pm
by Tana
4 Replies
1766 Views
Last post March 20, 2012, 07:16:43 am
by hlewagastir
31 Replies
10236 Views
Last post May 21, 2015, 07:38:04 am
by RandallS
0 Replies
1759 Views
Last post August 28, 2015, 02:05:35 pm
by RandallS
5 Replies
2607 Views
Last post January 24, 2017, 12:45:52 pm
by Jasper

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall