"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Odd happenings are afoot...  (Read 3185 times)

TruthStream

• View Profile
Odd happenings are afoot...
« on: July 04, 2014, 01:35:07 am »
Hey guys, long time no post. Sorry, but not really sorry, for the overly dramatic title, but there have been some seriously weird things going on lately in my general area. So many all within the past month that I don't even know where to begin. I thought that I'd come to consult you guys, but I'm even questioning what you guys would even be able to make of these things, because they all are in no way connected to each other except that they are all happening at the same time. (And yes, I realize that it may be, and probably is, coincidence that they are happening at the same time and everything is fine.)

On to telling the story.

Starting roughly a month ago, I have started seeing things out of the corners of my eyes. Note that I have never seen anything that a normal person who has never had anything to do with witchcraft/paganism/what have you hasn't seen. When I go to look at what it is, I don't see anything there. About a week after this starts, my mother (who is also pagan and, unlike me, has actually seen things before) and I are in the car together, and she brings up the subject that she's been seeing things in her peripheral vision as well, but nothing is there when she looks. I tell her that I've been having the same problem, and we try shooting ideas back and forth on what it/they might be, but we never come up with anything definite.

The next day, two different friends of mine in two different social circles (ie, they don't know each other) tell me that they've been having really bad sleep paralysis problems for a while. Both of them telling me on the same day irked me a bit, but I brushed it off. A week ago, one of those friends told me that his paralysis had gotten worse, and the illusions that came with them even more terrifying. I haven't heard anything from my other friend about how his is doing. The other friend, however, did tell me yesterday that two really weird things happened to him a week previously.

He had been at our local supermarket getting some things for himself and his cat. He was approaching the automatic doors to go out to his car, and he swears to me that there wasn't anyone on the other side of the doors before he approached them. When they slid open, though, he said that there was what looked to be a horribly disfigured burn victim with their hands held out to him. There was not an inch of this person where there was skin, and there were some places where the bone was exposed. When he jumped back out of sheer horror, the person was gone.

Later, on that same night, he had a run-in with a dog that, when described to me, sounded like a hellhound. He was in his front yard petting a stray cat when it came down the street at him. Instead of it jumping into the yard to hurt him, however, it stopped at the very edge of the property, walking around it for a little while until it ran off. When it was out of sight, he heard a very unnatural barking coming from the direction it ran off in, with other dogs in the neighborhood going absolutely nuts over it. I can personally confirm the unnatural barking and the neighborhood dogs going crazy, because I live relatively close to him and I heard it too. He is not the only one of my friends who has told me about a hellhound in my town (most of which are pagans and witches who have been in the craft for a long while, so I personally feel safe to heed their words).

I honestly don't know why I'm telling this to you all, because I'm not sure if there's really an explanation to it. Can you at least tell me that I'm not going batshit insane? If I'm not already, I sure as hell feel like I am. This is a lot to happen in one month when you're used to things being quiet. Tell me if your bullshit-o-meter goes off for anything, because mine's fried at this point.
"We are often told to avoid failure instead of use it as a step towards problem solving." -Tony Crisp, Your Dream Interpreter

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Odd happenings are afoot...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:35:10 am »
Quote from: TruthStream;152195
Sorry, but not really sorry, for the overly dramatic title, but there have been some seriously weird things going on lately in my general area.

Try researching the area you live in. Some areas, often called "window areas," get much higher than average amounts of spooky stuff. It seems to go in waves, so when the window is "open" you would expect to see a lot of seemingly unrelated weirdness all at once.

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:06:23 am »
Hey guys, long time no post. Sorry, but not really sorry, for the overly dramatic title, but there have been some seriously weird things going on lately in my general area. So many all within the past month that I don't even know where to begin. I thought that I'd come to consult you guys, but I'm even questioning what you guys would even be able to make of these things, because they all are in no way connected to each other except that they are all happening at the same time. (And yes, I realize that it may be, and probably is, coincidence that they are happening at the same time and everything is fine.)

On to telling the story.

Starting roughly a month ago, I have started seeing things out of the corners of my eyes. Note that I have never seen anything that a normal person who has never had anything to do with witchcraft/paganism/what have you hasn't seen. When I go to look at what it is, I don't see anything there. About a week after this starts, my mother (who is also pagan and, unlike me, has actually seen things before) and I are in the car together, and she brings up the subject that she's been seeing things in her peripheral vision as well, but nothing is there when she looks. I tell her that I've been having the same problem, and we try shooting ideas back and forth on what it/they might be, but we never come up with anything definite.

The next day, two different friends of mine in two different social circles (ie, they don't know each other) tell me that they've been having really bad sleep paralysis problems for a while. Both of them telling me on the same day irked me a bit, but I brushed it off. A week ago, one of those friends told me that his paralysis had gotten worse, and the illusions that came with them even more terrifying. I haven't heard anything from my other friend about how his is doing. The other friend, however, did tell me yesterday that two really weird things happened to him a week previously.

He had been at our local supermarket getting some things for himself and his cat. He was approaching the automatic doors to go out to his car, and he swears to me that there wasn't anyone on the other side of the doors before he approached them. When they slid open, though, he said that there was what looked to be a horribly disfigured burn victim with their hands held out to him. There was not an inch of this person where there was skin, and there were some places where the bone was exposed. When he jumped back out of sheer horror, the person was gone.

Later, on that same night, he had a run-in with a dog that, when described to me, sounded like a hellhound. He was in his front yard petting a stray cat when it came down the street at him. Instead of it jumping into the yard to hurt him, however, it stopped at the very edge of the property, walking around it for a little while until it ran off. When it was out of sight, he heard a very unnatural barking coming from the direction it ran off in, with other dogs in the neighborhood going absolutely nuts over it. I can personally confirm the unnatural barking and the neighborhood dogs going crazy, because I live relatively close to him and I heard it too. He is not the only one of my friends who has told me about a hellhound in my town (most of which are pagans and witches who have been in the craft for a long while, so I personally feel safe to heed their words).

I honestly don't know why I'm telling this to you all, because I'm not sure if there's really an explanation to it. Can you at least tell me that I'm not going batshit insane? If I'm not already, I sure as hell feel like I am. This is a lot to happen in one month when you're used to things being quiet. Tell me if your bullshit-o-meter goes off for anything, because mine's fried at this point.

Ley lines come to mind for me. Some places are geographically more susceptible to activity than others. Also, do you have any water streams running near your area or underground? Added with the window theory, I think it's a recipe for paranormal stuff.

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 10:53:38 am »
Quote from: Gilbride;152200
Try researching the area you live in. Some areas, often called "window areas," get much higher than average amounts of spooky stuff. It seems to go in waves, so when the window is "open" you would expect to see a lot of seemingly unrelated weirdness all at once.

The term 'window area' is not a familiar one to me and so if you know of where I can read about them, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. I googled for the term, but after filtering out all the sites about software and glass windows, I ended up with two less-than-useful sites.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:58:58 am »

You're not batshit insane. West Virginia has its fair share of weird shit going on. I seem to remember hearing a 'spook story' about devil dogs from someone I found to be a fairly credible source. They were out yonder of Buckhannon, if I recall rightly.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

TruthStream

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 02:12:16 pm »
Quote from: Gilbride;152200

The term 'window area' is also not familiar with me, but I've heard of a similar unnamed concept from some of my reliable witchy friends. I live in the Charleston area, and from what I've heard from my friends, this is all just one big 'window area'.

Quote from: Izzie414;152208
Ley lines come to mind for me. Some places are geographically more susceptible to activity than others. Also, do you have any water streams running near your area or underground? Added with the window theory, I think it's a recipe for paranormal stuff.

I've heard of ley lines, but I haven't been able to find any sources that I find credible on them, so I'm not sure how much I believe in those. It'd be awesome if you could point me in the right direction, though. As for the water streams, being in the Charleston area, I live right next to the Kanawha river with a complex system of streams going all through the town, so it makes sense for these hills to be a window area.

Quote from: Allaya;152214
You're not batshit insane. West Virginia has its fair share of weird shit going on. I seem to remember hearing a 'spook story' about devil dogs from someone I found to be a fairly credible source. They were out yonder of Buckhannon, if I recall rightly.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not. ;) This all hitting at once when I'm used to there being virtually nothing just kinda freaked me out a bit though.
"We are often told to avoid failure instead of use it as a step towards problem solving." -Tony Crisp, Your Dream Interpreter

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 07:20:47 am »
Quote from: Allaya;152213
The term 'window area' is not a familiar one to me and so if you know of where I can read about them, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. I googled for the term, but after filtering out all the sites about software and glass windows, I ended up with two less-than-useful sites.

Here's one use of the term, on a website about a particularly famous window area:

http://www.thebridgewatertriangle.com/p/overview-of-bridgewater-triangle-area.html

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 09:08:01 am »
Quote from: Gilbride;152326
Here's one use of the term, on a website about a particularly famous window area:

http://www.thebridgewatertriangle.com/p/overview-of-bridgewater-triangle-area.html

Fascinating. Thank you for the link. :)

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 09:15:06 am »
Quote from: TruthStream;152289
The term 'window area' is also not familiar with me, but I've heard of a similar unnamed concept from some of my reliable witchy friends. I live in the Charleston area, and from what I've heard from my friends, this is all just one big 'window area'.

I've heard of ley lines, but I haven't been able to find any sources that I find credible on them, so I'm not sure how much I believe in those. It'd be awesome if you could point me in the right direction, though. As for the water streams, being in the Charleston area, I live right next to the Kanawha river with a complex system of streams going all through the town, so it makes sense for these hills to be a window area.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not. ;) This all hitting at once when I'm used to there being virtually nothing just kinda freaked me out a bit though.

I don't know how reliable this really is, but it is interesting:

http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/ghost-adventures/episodes/sharon-tate-ghost

Instead of calling it ley lines, they call it a geomagnetic anomaly. This one is in the area of the manson murders.

Tags: