collapse

Author Topic: Ghosts moving things and stealing things  (Read 1735 times)

monk

• View Profile
  • Religion: none
Ghosts moving things and stealing things
« on: February 01, 2021, 03:26:15 pm »
When I was a little kid there was a big dark figure that would stand at the end of my bed all night every night for several years ~ the bed would also shake

so ~ I spent most of my life in that room ~ several years ~ my whole childhood and young adulthood

when I was in that room ~ things would disappear and reappear and move from place to place
I would set something down right next to me and it would vanish off the face of the planet ~ I would look everywhere for it  for hours ~ and then it would magically  appear right back in the same spot where I set it down in the first place

I had forgotten about it after all these years until I was watching paranormal survivor ~ and  the haunting videos on youtube and I saw ghosts doing that

I just watched the movie ~ the conjuring 2  ~ and it happened in that movie as well

so ~ now it is happening again all of the sudden ~ first things were being moved ~ now I set something down and it vanishes

it’s not someone else stealing things  because there is no one around and I just set something right next to me and it disappears

I also use Tarot cards ~ and I have noticed a lot of card magic  ~ the odds of the cards doing what they’re doing is impossible

I believe in magic because of the cards ~ but now I’m wondering if it’s the spirits who steal things  making all the card magic happen

as of right now they are stealing things and not giving them back ~ something will literally disappear off the face of the planet

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Ghosts moving things and stealing things
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 04:13:58 pm »
I’m wondering if it’s the spirits who steal things  making all the card magic happen

Hi monk, and welcome to TC.

Did you have a particular question or discussion point about ghosts moving and stealing things?

I trimmed your OP to the above point as that's what seemed to me to be your question, possibly?  I don't have any experience with tarot/oracles to speak of.
 I've not had experience of ghosts/spirits/entities moving things, either; but I have heard this phenomenon talked about on paranormal TV shows and YouTube videos I enjoy watching, so it would appear to be an experience which is shared by other folk.

Let us know in what direction you hope this thread will go, and I'll be interested to read others' responses, too  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

monk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 04:48:51 pm »
Hi monk, and welcome to TC.

Did you have a particular question or discussion point about ghosts moving and stealing things?

I trimmed your OP to the above point as that's what seemed to me to be your question, possibly?  I don't have any experience with tarot/oracles to speak of.
 I've not had experience of ghosts/spirits/entities moving things, either; but I have heard this phenomenon talked about on paranormal TV shows and YouTube videos I enjoy watching, so it would appear to be an experience which is shared by other folk.

Let us know in what direction you hope this thread will go, and I'll be interested to read others' responses, too  :)
sorry ~ I can't figure out how to reply without quoting

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with anything like this and wondering if it could possibly be dangerous ~

from the paranormal shows that I have watched it is malevolent spirits that are doing it

but I don't know if friendly spirits also do it

I just assume that the ghost in my room was evil because it scared me ~ and I don't see why anything good would try to scare me

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 05:12:20 pm »
sorry ~ I can't figure out how to reply without quoting

Hi, monk -

This forum requires that you quote a previous post when you reply. You can cut out the parts that aren't relevant to your reply, like I've done above. Our threads can go on for months or years, or people may be circling back to an old topic.

We've found over the years that this is a really helpful way to make it clear what someone's actually responding to (and trace the conversation back further if that's needed or useful.) Here's some more specific quoting guidelines and some tips, if either of those are helpful.

I just assume that the ghost in my room was evil because it scared me ~ and I don't see why anything good would try to scare me

This is one of those "It's depends" questions. Some of the things you describe can be paranormal experiences - but they can also be (fairly normal/common) experiences in sleep, if you wake up in a particular phase of sleep, or your dreams go a certain direction. Basically, brains are weird, and they're doing all sorts of complicated things in the background, and that's maybe even more true when we're sleeping.

(These kinds of event can happen more around puberty, as well, for a variety of reasons, or sometimes a bit younger, so if it's a thing that happened for a while and then stopped, ageing might be part of what solved it.)

Stuff randomly disappearing is something that people sometimes associate with the Fae/The Good Folk/whatever the meaningful term of address is. Sometimes it can be other spirits on the land/house/whatever. Thinking about it as good or evil probably isn't as helpful (at least without explicit threats - not just lurking, but deliberately going out of their way to terrify you/hurt you). It's often more like "very different cultural backgrounds and you're having a bunch of bad communication" or "beings have different goals".

Some people find that amiable negotiations are possible, such as leaving out a small something. (Traditionally this might be milk or cream in a dish, but there are many many other options. Someone else on the forum has land spirits who really want red berries)

Sometimes it's a specific thing that's bothering them, and making appropriate changes helps. To figure this out, you might need to do some data collection and review - have they been doing this a long time or just recently? If it's recent, what's changed? Did someone move in or out of the house? Have magical or ritual practices changed? Devotional practices? Are there more arguments in the house for other reasons? Etc.

Sometimes research will help you figure out what might help - if it's a home you've been in for a while, this may not be as relevant, but if it's a more recent move, learning about the land, the property, etc. can sometimes identify if it's something that needs a bit of thorough energetic cleansing and boundary setting, or if it's something else.

It's also generally fine to set boundaries - for example, it's not okay that they move your stuff, but you're glad to coexist with them as long as they respect your stuff/your sleep/etc. (Sorting this out is, naturally, not the same for everyone!)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

monk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 06:09:39 pm »
Hi, monk -

This forum requires that you quote a previous post when you reply. You can cut out the parts that aren't relevant to your reply, like I've done above. Our threads can go on for months or years, or people may be circling back to an old topic.

We've found over the years that this is a really helpful way to make it clear what someone's actually responding to (and trace the conversation back further if that's needed or useful.) Here's some more specific quoting guidelines and some tips, if either of those are helpful.

This is one of those "It's depends" questions. Some of the things you describe can be paranormal experiences - but they can also be (fairly normal/common) experiences in sleep, if you wake up in a particular phase of sleep, or your dreams go a certain direction. Basically, brains are weird, and they're doing all sorts of complicated things in the background, and that's maybe even more true when we're sleeping.

(These kinds of event can happen more around puberty, as well, for a variety of reasons, or sometimes a bit younger, so if it's a thing that happened for a while and then stopped, ageing might be part of what solved it.)

Stuff randomly disappearing is something that people sometimes associate with the Fae/The Good Folk/whatever the meaningful term of address is. Sometimes it can be other spirits on the land/house/whatever. Thinking about it as good or evil probably isn't as helpful (at least without explicit threats - not just lurking, but deliberately going out of their way to terrify you/hurt you). It's often more like "very different cultural backgrounds and you're having a bunch of bad communication" or "beings have different goals".

Some people find that amiable negotiations are possible, such as leaving out a small something. (Traditionally this might be milk or cream in a dish, but there are many many other options. Someone else on the forum has land spirits who really want red berries)

Sometimes it's a specific thing that's bothering them, and making appropriate changes helps. To figure this out, you might need to do some data collection and review - have they been doing this a long time or just recently? If it's recent, what's changed? Did someone move in or out of the house? Have magical or ritual practices changed? Devotional practices? Are there more arguments in the house for other reasons? Etc.

Sometimes research will help you figure out what might help - if it's a home you've been in for a while, this may not be as relevant, but if it's a more recent move, learning about the land, the property, etc. can sometimes identify if it's something that needs a bit of thorough energetic cleansing and boundary setting, or if it's something else.

It's also generally fine to set boundaries - for example, it's not okay that they move your stuff, but you're glad to coexist with them as long as they respect your stuff/your sleep/etc. (Sorting this out is, naturally, not the same for everyone!)

the ghost in my room when I was younger would show up as soon as I went to bed ~ before I went to sleep

right now I am upset about what the dentist did to me ~ and right now is when things started disappearing ~

things have been moving around for a while ~ just rubber bands mainly ~

I have been being physically attacked by ghosts for 13 years and I've pretty much gotten them to stop that by rebuking them ~

they started in a Chinese motel and followed me across  the country several times from there ~ apparently they have attached themselves to me ~

I had just got home from Baghdad so I don't know if that had anything to do with it ~ but they started attacking me at the Chinese motel so I assume that's where I picked them up ~

I was recently visited by the spirit of a deceased pet ~ it was a friendly spirit

Tags: