collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Encounters of the Mythological Kind  (Read 1719 times)

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
Encounters of the Mythological Kind
« on: February 12, 2018, 01:27:58 pm »
So, after a brief segue in the second ghost story thread here: https://ecauldron.com/forum/paranormal-phenomena/ghost-stories-part-deux/ it was agreed to make a new thread for us all to share our stories of our encounters with creatures and beings from mythology such as trolls, goblins, and the like.

I shared my story of several encounters with a troll which took place on consecutive nights at the thread linked above. Let's have some more awesome stories about a new kind of encounter!
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Uneryx

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's eclectic (woogie woogie woogie)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Encounters of the Mythological Kind
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:44:53 pm »
So, after a brief segue in the second ghost story thread here: https://ecauldron.com/forum/paranormal-phenomena/ghost-stories-part-deux/ it was agreed to make a new thread for us all to share our stories of our encounters with creatures and beings from mythology such as trolls, goblins, and the like.

I shared my story of several encounters with a troll which took place on consecutive nights at the thread linked above. Let's have some more awesome stories about a new kind of encounter!

My most memorable wasn't one where I encountered any beings, but definitely popped out of our reality for a bit while awake and in my physical body.

At the house I grew up in, we had a creek running behind it at the bottom of a hill. The creek was densely wooded on each side, to conceal it from the very suburban neighborhood it ran through, and most days it was shallow enough to wade in. During my junior year of high school (17 years old), I had a particularly bad day at school and decided to take a walk down the creek - both to clear my head, and to catch some bugs for a biology project.

I walked down the creek for a long while, and after a bit it became apparent that I was somewhere else. There was an overhanging cave wall, and much denser forest than I expected walking down this suburban creek that never got deeper than my shins. The houses and car sounds I'd been able to perceive just beyond the trees seemed much MUCH further away.

Eventually, I came upon a large rock overhanging a pool. The creek poured into this pool, but it seemed quite deep so I went and sat on the rock. The forest got denser beyond the pool, and I had the sense that I would be in great danger if I continued, so I remained on the rock. I remember crying at that point - teen angst, I guess.

After a little while, I felt reassured. The breeze was blowing gently, and the rustling of the leaves sounded like the words "it's ok." So I headed back up the creek, the way I'd come. It took about half the amount of time to return (to the point I almost missed my exit point in my backyard), and none of the landmarks I'd noted were there - no cave overhang, no gnarly trees, not a single one of them.

Once I was safely in my own backyard did I even consider that I'd gone somewhere that perhaps was NOT in this world. I later looked at the creek on google earth, and there's no spot where there'd be a large pool on the map, not without passing under a road bridge, which I definitely didn't do.

And then there's all the shadow people I saw in college, and that one time my friend and I disturbed something in a graveyard that wasn't a human spirit... but I"ll let others tell their stories first XD

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 03:14:41 pm »

I had an encounter with a fox spirit while I was visiting Japan. I was in my hotel room when it dropped in. The whole experience was something like a possession.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

meno silencio

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:11:49 am »

Freaked the heck out of me, but once when staying in someone else house I had an unlooked for astral projection. I don't think I really left my body, but I was entering the astral plane (humming, vibrating, unable to move ect.) and there was someone standing next to the bed. Scared the ever living daylights out of me, even though they weren't menacing or anything. It was my first experience with astral projection, so the humming and not being able to move were enough to scare me straight back into my body. At that time I also had several very disturbing dreams as well. I often wonder if 'it' was trying to communicate with me. Or perhaps it was just one of those entities out there in the astral plane. I've since tried, and succeeded a few times to project myself (at home), and haven't encountered anything.

I always keep it in the back of my mind.

Tags: