Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Today at 07:44:49 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Author Topic: creature myths, the true fraud and debateable  (Read 8044 times)

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: creature myths, the true fraud and debateable
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2012, 12:56:20 am »
Quote from: blackwolf696;71558
i hope its more fact than anything. for example i thought the lost tapes was real but found out its not :/

I don't understand what you're talking about here.  The post you responded to was about the next season of 'Supernatural', a t.v. show.  I don't know anything about lost tapes and, while the show does try to approach the actual folklore of the monster of the week, tradition  generally gets sacrificed to story-telling in an adventure show.  It's really not about 'facts'.

Absent
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:57:40 am by Marilyn/Absentminded »
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Amethyst

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://aamethyst.wordpress.com/
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2012, 01:09:56 am »
Quote from: blackwolf696;71558
i hope its more fact than anything. for example i thought the lost tapes was real but found out its not :/

I think I know what blackwolf696 meant. Are you referring to the "Lost Tapes" show from Animal Planet? Never seen it, only heard of it.

As for "Supernatural", it's what Absent said: it's very much a fictional television show. However, at least the first season (the only one I've seen, meep!) they do provide a lot of information about actual supernatural beings. It's just in the context of a fictional story. For example, I learned about Wendigos because of the show, and they reference something I remember from my childhood, Bloody Mary.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.//Serbian Proverb
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.//Mark Twain
Member of the New Order of Druids//Greener Paths

blackwolf696

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/james.e.white.10
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2012, 09:31:38 am »
Quote from: Amethyst;71582
I think I know what blackwolf696 meant. Are you referring to the "Lost Tapes" show from Animal Planet? Never seen it, only heard of it.

As for "Supernatural", it's what Absent said: it's very much a fictional television show. However, at least the first season (the only one I've seen, meep!) they do provide a lot of information about actual supernatural beings. It's just in the context of a fictional story. For example, I learned about Wendigos because of the show, and they reference something I remember from my childhood, Bloody Mary.

yeah the lost tapes show on animal planet. i did learn from that show that wendigos are believed to either be demons or inter-dimensional beast. also one theory is that they are really the beasts that reside inside us all. they resort to cannibalism, animalistic in nature and very brutal. awsome things to study tho :)
REFUSE! RESIST!

Tags: