collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Black-eyed ghosts crying blood in dream  (Read 1738 times)

EmissaryOfMinong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Black-eyed ghosts crying blood in dream
« on: October 19, 2013, 04:38:32 am »
Hope I'm posting in the right spot.

One of my fellow Talented individuals occasionally throws me a curve ball. He did so recently, telling me about a 15-year-old girl of his acquaintance who used to see ghosts all the time and has been sad and missing them since they inexplicably vanished from her life. He basically asked me if there was anything I could think of to help her see them again, and I couldn't come up with much of anything, other than teaching her to open and balance her chakras, reasoning that a well-functioning third eye is more likely to pick up on that kind of thing. I wouldn't know because I don't SEE ghosts; I can kind of see their face in my mind's eye when I "hear" them talk to me, but it's not visible or audible any more than when I'm talking to a god or my Patron.

Tonight he asks me to call him, and when I do he says the girl had a dream where some number of black-eyed (pupil, iris, and sclera) beings (she described them as ghosts) with tears of blood surrounded her, screaming terrifyingly, and demanded that she go with them. He says they kind of mentally and physically forced her to go with them. Part of the dream was in the basement of her home, and part of it was in the woods out back, and she was following them through the woods.

I didn't get much in the way of detail beyond this, because I was waiting for someone in a grocery store and it was hard to hear, but my immediate thought was "bainsidhe/banshee". It doesn't exactly fit what he reports, but it is the closest thing I've been able to find. And I have already done extensive Googling and can't find much that solidly proves or disproves the banshee theory, but can't find much that suggests any other explanation either. I've scoured dream meaning sites and not come up with much. I swear I've heard of the image of black-eyed humanoids crying blood tears before, but the only pop culture thing I can think of is the twins in Heroes. I also read in my research there are zombies in some story like this.

I don't really think this is related to the Black-Eyed Children phenomenon, since they're usually supposed to be flesh-and-blood beings and nothing is said about blood tears or inhuman screams.

I hope this is not just a case of a teenager being overly dramatic or making stuff up for attention. Thanks in advance for any light any of you can shed on this.

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Black-eyed ghosts crying blood in dream
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:32:21 am »
Quote from: EmissaryOfMinong;126017
Tonight he asks me to call him, and when I do he says the girl had a dream where some number of black-eyed (pupil, iris, and sclera) beings (she described them as ghosts) with tears of blood surrounded her, screaming terrifyingly, and demanded that she go with them.

The banshee mourns and keens, she doesn't force anyone to go anywhere in the lore I've seen. But I'd be inclined to agree that these were dead spirits. The basement can be an underworld symbol, but the underworld can also be the deep subconscious mind. Thick forest can have similar symbolism. These spirits might want her to help them somehow, or they might want her to confront or deal with something deep in her own mind.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:43:50 pm »
the girl had a dream where some number of black-eyed (pupil, iris, and sclera) beings (she described them as ghosts) with tears of blood surrounded her, screaming terrifyingly, and demanded that she go with them. He says they kind of mentally and physically forced her to go with them. Part of the dream was in the basement of her home, and part of it was in the woods out back, and she was following them through the woods

I don't really think this is related to the Black-Eyed Children phenomenon, since they're usually supposed to be flesh-and-blood beings and nothing is said about blood tears or inhuman screams.

That sounds exactly like a fictional character I designed! Harrumph. I thought I was being original. The character was supposed to be Phobetor of the Oneiros (dream deities). He doesn't have a mouth and his inky eyes weep blood because He's the representation of psychological repression--ergo, the god of nightmares. So, you know, a lot of the truths we'd rather cover up than admit are like farts: better out than in. Or else they gain autonomous sentience and consume their source and oppressor.

Couldn't this be personal to the girl, though? I mean... ghosts are a Thing, Black Eyed Peas Children are a Thing (when and how, by the by? everything was new once), blood tears are a Thing... mix them all together in a psyche, add emotional energy, dissociate completely and congratulations! You have a bouncing baby hellspawn.

Banshee are traditionally feminine, to my understanding, I think they wash the clothes of warriors who are fated to die in battle--washing bloody clothing in a river, that's one apparition that appears. Otherwise it's just the screaming.

My own UPG tells me that there are quite a lot of entities that can't be found in the myths and lore, too, so I would personally lay off the cryptoanthropology and just throw stuff at them until they either get civil or get off. And then run.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:45:22 pm by Faemon »
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

EmissaryOfMinong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 01:18:03 am »
Quote from: triple_entendre;126070
Couldn't this be personal to the girl, though? I mean... ghosts are a Thing, Black Eyed Peas Children are a Thing (when and how, by the by? everything was new once), blood tears are a Thing... mix them all together in a psyche, add emotional energy, dissociate completely and congratulations! You have a bouncing baby hellspawn.

Absolutely. That's kind of what I'm thinking. Also http://www.reporternews.com/news/2013/apr/13/brian-bethel-recounts-his-paranormal-encounter/
As far as I can tell this guy is the source of the first story. This is not the original article, which I'm too tired to scour the internet for, but is from a recent interview.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

Medulla

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:21:34 am »

I hope this is not just a case of a teenager being overly dramatic or making stuff up for attention. Thanks in advance for any light any of you can shed on this.

Banshees sound nothing like that description. From what I've read about them before they're mostly seen/heard weeping and mourning, to indicate that someone is about to die (IIRC, in some versions it's when the person died elsewhere).

To address the main part of your post. I don't want to sound harsh but in cases of paranormal things I think it's important to rule out mundane explanations first.

To me it sounds like a normal nightmare. Her brain mixed up elements that are associated with scary things, threw in a chase scene in an otherwise familiar setting, and there ya go. How many nightmares have you or people you know had that fit that general description? And even if it was just a nightmare, it doesn't mean she was being overdramatic or doing it for the attention. Nightmares and even pleasant dreams can feel very vivid. And many if not most people have had dreams or nightmares that feel so emotional and real that it affects their mood for hours even after they're awake. It also sounds to me like that girl is in an environment where she's encouraged to pay loads of attention about her dream and focus a lot on supernatural things so maybe that's why she didn't just discount as a nightmare and shared it with your friend.

Finally, does this girl really see ghosts? Have you done any fact-checking on info she may have gotten about them? I would recommend that she sees a doctor first and foremost to rule out the possibility of a neurological condition or a psychiatric illness that may have caused her to see that (even if you believe that that kind of thing enables paranormal experiences or whatever). I mean, if it's a symptom of something serious like a brain tumour then it's best to get help for that than assume it's paranormal right off the bat.

What I'm most curious about in all this is... what do these girls parents think about all this? Have they discussed this with her? Ruled out the possibility of a mundane explanation for what she saw? I'm not doubting your beliefs or theirs, mind you. I just think it's important to clear things up before you get to work.

Tags: