collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 29 October 2020: $610 donated. Only $100 more needed! Thank you, donors!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* Recent Posts

Re: Have you ever enchanted a pumpkin? by Aisling
[Yesterday at 08:31:54 pm]


Re: NaNoWriMo time! by Aisling
[Yesterday at 07:52:25 pm]


Have you ever enchanted a pumpkin? by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 06:59:20 pm]


Re: NaNoWriMo time! by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 06:50:35 pm]


Re: Recently Blogged by Kylara
[Yesterday at 03:55:20 pm]

Author Topic: The Dying Talking to the Dead  (Read 4807 times)

EJay

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 269
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
The Dying Talking to the Dead
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:56:03 am »
Happened again and gives me goosebumps every time.

A patient's family was upset because their dying father was making all these noises and twitching, even tho his meds were about maxed out.  They wanted to induce a coma to stop his suffering.

When I went in to look in on him, you could see he wasn't in pain--there was no tell-tale  grimace of any kind.  It was plain he was seeing something (or someone) we couldn't and was talking to them and was simply trying to use his hands to talk with.  His eyes were moving, looking around.  It was an amazing thing to witness.

I've only seen one "seeing" that was disturbing.  A very elderly lady (beyond the ability to speak) was weakly swatting at something over her head, her face twisted in terror, and she slowly pulled the covers over her head.  We saw her rosary next to her bed and put it in her hands and she immediately started fingering the beads and seemed to find some kind of strength.  She died shortly thereafter and I truly hope she found her peace or defeated whatever it was before she passed.

I never know what I'm going to see when I go to work at the hospice.  But when I see things like what I witnessed today, I know I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Best~
EJay
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Lonstar

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 36
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:25:02 am »
Quote from: EJay;21766
Happened again and gives me goosebumps every time.

EJay

 
I remember reading a book about near death experiences - people who came close to death (or died temporarily :D: ) and were revived. Strikingly, all had similar tales - dead relatives waiting at the end of a light tunnel, grand visions of light, being able to see what was happening in their room with doctors/relatives from above.
Amazing stuff.

EJay

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 269
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:58:59 am »
Quote from: Lonstar;21767
I remember reading a book about near death experiences - people who came close to death (or died temporarily :D: ) and were revived. Strikingly, all had similar tales - dead relatives waiting at the end of a light tunnel, grand visions of light, being able to see what was happening in their room with doctors/relatives from above.
Amazing stuff.

 
Yes, it is!  And it really is one thing to read about and another thing to witness.

I tell ya, I come home from work and reflect on my day--because when you're there, you just do things because they have to be done!--it takes me awhile to assimilate what I've been a part of.  Every day I'm amazed that the human body can survive what it does and every day I'm so energized by seeing the inner strength that patients and their family and friends are able to tap into and every day I'm challenged spiritually in good ways and sometimes not so good ways...

Seeing this man yacking away at someone beyond our sight just brought a smile to my face and I was able to help comfort the family.  What they saw as distress (and I've seen distress, believe you me), I saw as a catching up with familiar friends or loved ones.  Just got the goosebumps again!

Best~
EJay
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

monsnoleedra

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 957
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 05:14:14 am »
Quote from: Lonstar;21767
I remember reading a book about near death experiences - people who came close to death (or died temporarily :D: ) and were revived. Strikingly, all had similar tales - dead relatives waiting at the end of a light tunnel, grand visions of light, being able to see what was happening in their room with doctors/relatives from above.
Amazing stuff.


Sounds like NDE's (Near Death Experience).  Seem's ironic now I suppose but in the 80's NDE's were the talk of everyone and every author was turning out a book on them.  Running in at a close second was the Out Of Body (O.B.E.) associations that sometimes occured with an NDE.  There was another tri letter association I vaguely recall that dealt with sensations of what was occuring with the body even as the projected body was experiencing the spiritual facet.

Don't recall the term anymore but there was also a weighing of the body just before death claimed it then after wards to see how much the "Soul" weighed.  With some of the supposed NDE's it was checked to see if all the "Soul" material returned.

EJay

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 269
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 05:46:05 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;21770
Sounds like NDE's (Near Death Experience).  Seem's ironic now I suppose but in the 80's NDE's were the talk of everyone and every author was turning out a book on them.  Running in at a close second was the Out Of Body (O.B.E.) associations that sometimes occured with an NDE.  There was another tri letter association I vaguely recall that dealt with sensations of what was occuring with the body even as the projected body was experiencing the spiritual facet.

Don't recall the term anymore but there was also a weighing of the body just before death claimed it then after wards to see how much the "Soul" weighed.  With some of the supposed NDE's it was checked to see if all the "Soul" material returned.

 
I remember some of that and NDE's still make the NY Times bestseller list--Heaven Is For Real, for example.  Just read it, but that's a separate post.

Science is still limited in it's scope and what it can test.  Tomorrow, who knows.  But I've been learning to trust my instincts and other senses that science cannot yet test.

And I've come to believe a person's eyes are pretty good indicators of what's going on behind them.  When you see these people "seeing," it will bring on goosebumps, even in a room kept at 79 degrees!  It really is different reading about it and witnessing it.

Best~
Ejay
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

monsnoleedra

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 957
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 06:04:23 am »
Quote from: EJay;21775
I remember some of that and NDE's still make the NY Times bestseller list--Heaven Is For Real, for example.  Just read it, but that's a separate post.

Science is still limited in it's scope and what it can test.  Tomorrow, who knows.  But I've been learning to trust my instincts and other senses that science cannot yet test.

And I've come to believe a person's eyes are pretty good indicators of what's going on behind them.  When you see these people "seeing," it will bring on goosebumps, even in a room kept at 79 degrees!  It really is different reading about it and witnessing it.

Best~
Ejay

 
My sister works at a retirement home and swears you can always tell when a person is close to crossing.  They frequently speak to someone or tell you they have spoken to someone and are at peace and ready to go.

Sort of ironic I suppose my sister encounters it in that light while I get to deal with the ones that didn't cross and need help.  Very taxing when you get called so I am glad I don't get called that often.

SOrt of off subject perhaps but I always think of the movie GHOST DAD when I start talking about NDE's and shock or trama induced O.B.E.'s associated with it.

EJay

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 269
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:55:15 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;21779
My sister works at a retirement home and swears you can always tell when a person is close to crossing.  They frequently speak to someone or tell you they have spoken to someone and are at peace and ready to go.


Never say always.  :)  I've learned there's no such thing as always.  However, one does get pretty good at telling when you've been around those who are crossing.

The exception to prove this rule for me, however, was a gentleman we had where it almost became a pool--we all thought this man would "ride the bus to heaven," as our doctor always says, before our shift was over.  This went on for two weeks.

Folks are on their own schedule and their own time.

But you can absolutely tell when death is immanent.  Getting to that point is another matter.  And so many of these poor family members have been stretched to their limit and they just want a date and time.  That's when you give them a hug and bring them another cup of coffee.

Quote from: monsnoleedra;21779
Sort of ironic I suppose my sister encounters it in that light while I get to deal with the ones that didn't cross and need help.  Very taxing when you get called so I am glad I don't get called that often.


May I ask what you do?

Best~
EJay
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

monsnoleedra

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 957
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 07:23:05 am »
Quote from: EJay;21782
..  May I ask what you do?
Best~
EJay


That's not an easy answer.  Mostly due to the fact no two situations are so alike that a one size fits all methology will work.  Many times you just get a feel for what has to be done though at times it can get really harry with what you see, hear, smell or have physcially touch you.

For instance I worked with one where it required a seance where I had to set things up but was absolutely forbidden to be there for it.  Then wait around until it was over then close the gateways.  Still don't know what transpiried in it but the shade was content afterwards and crossed over.

Sometimes its to function as a Spirit Keeper and house the Shade for a certain amount of time.  I've heard of it going for up to a year and a day so the shade / Spirit could release all the bonds that trapped it here.

The strange part is its not just for human spirits that one gets called for.  A few years ago I was surrounded by death and decay and kept getting visions of a ritual to do for animal spirits.  The ritual started a few days before Christmas and ran for 8 days.  Setting up four junctures, calling the shades / spirits of the animals to be crossed, dedicated ceremonies at each of the junctures.  Ceremonies to open the gateways, create the flame vortex to act as a beacon with the usage of candle magics and full blown bonfires.  that one I can tell you wipped me out for days prior and days after.

Many times the common facets were fasting and ritual purification.  No meats at all then mostly fruits and nuts for 2 or 3 days leading up to the actual event.  Meditations, potentially invoking the power that will aid you in the endeavor, for me Hekate or Sekor in thier capcity as a psychopomp.  At times sacrifice, especially blood from the person doing the ritual.  that and the sensation you have a live wire shoved up inside you and you just get edgeir and edgeir as you step into almost a negative environment and start to filter and work with death energies, that and the smell's that go with it.

While I can't say its the same for everyone many of the shamanic practioners I have spoken to and discussed what we've done have pretty much agreed on most of it.

Jubes

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Overlooking the bottom of a lake and the beginning of a river....
  • Posts: 771
  • Country: ca
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 08:04:56 am »
Quote from: EJay;21769
Yes, it is!  And it really is one thing to read about and another thing to witness.

 
So very true, one can not  adequately  explain  the feelings  you  have when witnessing  something like this. I watched  my  great  grand mother talk  in  French to deceased relatives. Couldn't  understand a word she was saying but she  seemed so happy. Then  she turned and looked at  me  and said my name  in plain English, "I will be ok, they are all  here" This  woman hadn't known anyone  in the  family for years, the last  few times I saw  her  before that she  called  me by a name  I've never  heard before or  called me  by  my  Mom's  name. I was  20 at the  time  that experience  left a lasting impression on me.
Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......

EJay

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Banned!
  • Posts: 269
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Dying Talking to the Dead
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 12:36:32 am »
Quote from: EJay;21766
Happened again and gives me goosebumps every time.

A patient's family was upset because their dying father was making all these noises and twitching, even tho his meds were about maxed out.  They wanted to induce a coma to stop his suffering.

When I went in to look in on him, you could see he wasn't in pain--there was no tell-tale  grimace of any kind.  It was plain he was seeing something (or someone) we couldn't and was talking to them and was simply trying to use his hands to talk with.  His eyes were moving, looking around.  It was an amazing thing to witness.

 
Wow.  This man's death was like a movie finale.  Unbelievable.  They finally got his meds under control and got him comfortable.  His whole family just got there to be with him and requested our chaplain to lead a prayer with all of them.  Right after they crossed themselves and said "Amen," he took a last gulp of air and died with all his family around him.

It just doesn't sound real but there you go.

Best~
EJay
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
819 Views
Last post April 26, 2014, 07:35:09 pm
by bowie
3 Replies
1215 Views
Last post January 24, 2015, 12:13:26 pm
by DavidMcCann
31 Replies
3414 Views
Last post May 08, 2015, 11:41:27 pm
by Laveth
12 Replies
1942 Views
Last post April 03, 2016, 12:01:25 am
by Aster Breo
12 Replies
1939 Views
Last post March 01, 2020, 05:36:21 pm
by PerditaPickle

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal