Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: A Dream I Had  (Read 1990 times)

Gore

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
A Dream I Had
« on: October 23, 2011, 12:07:14 pm »
Hello fellow heathens! I would like to describe a dream i had the other night and see if anyone could maybe make things a bit clear to me
  Two nights ago, i had a dream. I was with a couple other people in a micro-van. We were going to find some "treasure". We get to this cave up in the mountains. We enter and there is loads of gold and jems everywhere. But what gets me is there is a mirror on top of it all. It is cracked and very old looking. Forsaking the gold i grab the mirror. The others look at me as if to come after or kill me. I run out, get to the van and start driving as if my life depended upon it(which it kind of did i suppose). Then i awaken.
If anyone has ANY clue or opinion please post! Thank you!
-Todd

HarpFaery

• View Profile
Re: A Dream I Had
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »
Quote from: ToddGrove;27059
Hello fellow heathens! I would like to describe a dream i had the other night and see if anyone could maybe make things a bit clear to me
  Two nights ago, i had a dream. I was with a couple other people in a micro-van. We were going to find some "treasure". We get to this cave up in the mountains. We enter and there is loads of gold and jems everywhere. But what gets me is there is a mirror on top of it all. It is cracked and very old looking. Forsaking the gold i grab the mirror. The others look at me as if to come after or kill me. I run out, get to the van and start driving as if my life depended upon it(which it kind of did i suppose). Then i awaken.
If anyone has ANY clue or opinion please post! Thank you!
-Todd

Were you the one driving in the dream?  If so, then you were in control of your own destiny, if not someone else was.  At least until the point when you made the decision to leave the treasure behind and take the mirror.  Maybe the mirror was symbolic of the soul.  Maybe that shows your awareness of the fact that material wealth is nothing compared to the wealth inside of you which cannot ever be measured.  At the same time the mirror could have been symbolic of vanity.  How did you feel in the dream when you chose the mirror over the treasure?  Who were the other people in the dream?  Anyone you know in real life?  Was your higher self sending  you a message about the company you presently keep?  Are they materialistic and void of real depth?  

It seems there are quite a few very symbolic elements in your dream and although it may have been scary (running for your life!) I have a hunch it was quite a positive dream.  But I don't know you obviously, only you can really say for sure.....

Gore

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »
Quote from: HarpFaery;27088
Were you the one driving in the dream?  If so, then you were in control of your own destiny, if not someone else was.  At least until the point when you made the decision to leave the treasure behind and take the mirror.  Maybe the mirror was symbolic of the soul.  Maybe that shows your awareness of the fact that material wealth is nothing compared to the wealth inside of you which cannot ever be measured.  At the same time the mirror could have been symbolic of vanity.  How did you feel in the dream when you chose the mirror over the treasure?  Who were the other people in the dream?  Anyone you know in real life?  Was your higher self sending  you a message about the company you presently keep?  Are they materialistic and void of real depth?  

It seems there are quite a few very symbolic elements in your dream and although it may have been scary (running for your life!) I have a hunch it was quite a positive dream.  But I don't know you obviously, only you can really say for sure.....

On the way there i was not driving. When i chose the mirror over the treasure i felt stupid. Why this rotten old mirror instead of the treasure i was saying to myself. It pulled me to it in a way i suppose. Still felt stupid though. The people were none that i knew of from this life. All new faces to me. I knew from the get go that somehow they were indeed bad company.

Thank you very much for the reply! I am really glad someone is helping me out here!
-Todd

HarpFaery

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:19:05 am »
Quote from: ToddGrove;27119
On the way there i was not driving. When i chose the mirror over the treasure i felt stupid. Why this rotten old mirror instead of the treasure i was saying to myself. It pulled me to it in a way i suppose. Still felt stupid though. The people were none that i knew of from this life. All new faces to me. I knew from the get go that somehow they were indeed bad company.

Thank you very much for the reply! I am really glad someone is helping me out here!
-Todd

You're welcome.  I love dreams and I truly believe most are messages from our higher selves.  I still think it was a positive dream, though you may have felt stupid taking the mirror over the treasure you did it even though it meant having to 'run for your life'.  You chose depth over material riches.  Not an easy decision to make and one that will not always make for an easy life, but will in the end, be the 'richer' choice. :)

Gore

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:07:27 pm »
Quote from: HarpFaery;27169
You're welcome.  I love dreams and I truly believe most are messages from our higher selves.  I still think it was a positive dream, though you may have felt stupid taking the mirror over the treasure you did it even though it meant having to 'run for your life'.  You chose depth over material riches.  Not an easy decision to make and one that will not always make for an easy life, but will in the end, be the 'richer' choice. :)

Words from the wise on that one! I enjoy dreams to. Mostly anyhow haha. Thanks again for the input! It has helped a great deal!

Tags: