Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Neo-Paganism: Which woman would be a better preference for me according to Neo Paganism?  (Read 2316 times)

Efteee

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Deist
I am Turkish but I am deist. According to Neo Paganism, should I mate with a deist white woman or a Muslim Saudi woman like on the attachment and please tell me why.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
I am Turkish but I am deist. According to Neo Paganism, should I mate with a deist white woman or a Muslim Saudi woman like on the attachment and please tell me why.

Where did you hear this?

Neo-Paganism is a category of loosely-related religions. As such, it really doesn't say anything about who you should mate with.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist

You might want to think twice before asking me for relationship advice....

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Neo-Paganism is a category of loosely-related religions. As such, it really doesn't say anything about who you should mate with.

I would also lay odds that the overwhelming majority of neopagan practitioners hold as a matter of principle that religious declarations of who one ought to date are ... problematic.

At the very least, I would expect most to be at, "Who you get involved with is your problem, not mine.  Think for yourself."
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile

This is something you should probably discuss with the woman or women in question, not with us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
This is something you should probably discuss with the woman or women in question, not with us.

There are times when I think this forum should have a "stirring the pot" or "troll under the bridge" smiley....
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Race/Ethnicity and religion are irrelevant to such things. The best question to ask is not who should you pair up with based on anything such as race or religion, but rather, who are you most compatible with? I know there are a number of pagans who I would disagree with on many issues vehemently and followers of other religions who I would agree with most intensely on those same issues and vice versa. If the two of you properly respect each other and are truly compatible, that is what matters. The question is who, of those that you have loved makes you happiest? Also, deism comes in many forms, by it's plainest definition, one could be a Muslim deist, a Pagan deist, a Christian deist or any number of other such affiliations. I myself have some strong Deistic leanings, though I do believe the Holiest Ones do intervene in some capacity, though necessarily in the most direct fashion.
https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
I am Turkish but I am deist. According to Neo Paganism, should I mate with...

I'm afraid that Neo-Paganism doesn't tell people who to "mate" with, at least not in most traditions. There are many different Pagan traditions, with different rules, and a few of them do discourage interfaith marriage. Unfortunately, some of them are racist as well, and discourage interracial marriage. That said, most of them don't care about either issue. There's certainly no generic neopagan consensus on what you should do.

You are thinking about "mating" with one of two different women. One of them shared your beleifs, the other one has different beleifs. I would *personally* recommend seeking a relationship with the woman who has the same beliefs as you do.  Relationships *can* work between people with different religious beleifs, and can produce happy couples, but In my experience things do go smoother when both members are on the same spiritual wavelength. Your mileage may vary, deepening on how tolerant and flexible you and her are.

However, the OP seems to suggest that you value the race of your prospective "mate." I don't personally give a rat's bum about what race someone is, so I can't really help you with that, because I just don't think about that sort of thing when I enter a relationship. A woman is a woman, a human is a human, I don't care what color their skin is or where their ancestors are from. I care about their individual personality, interests, beliefs, and goals. So, frankly, you will have to decide for yourself if you care about race, and if you are willing to "mate" with someone of a different race than yourself.

So. Yeah. Do whatever you think is best. I don't know your values, or what you want out of your "mate."
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Yei

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Mexica Reconstructionism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

I was originally going to post a formula I had scientifically (nothing to do with religion!) on how to handle this exact situation. But upon arriving here I though better of it. Perhaps because it included the word 'turgid'.

The world isn't ready for my sexy mathematical magik.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
The world isn't ready for my sexy mathematical magik.

Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Hippie-Witch

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Witch (Very Wiccan-based)
Re: Which woman would be a better preference for me according to Neo Paganism?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 12:45:14 pm »
You should be with whoever you'd like.
Religions that dictate whom someone should mate with are....problematic to say the least.
"There's a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn't that kind of the point?"

Tags: