collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 28 September 2020: $544 donated. Only $166 more needed! Thank you, donors!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


Author Topic: Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)  (Read 1122 times)

Funk

  • Jr. Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: May 2015
  • Posts: 1
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)
« on: May 19, 2015, 07:50:06 pm »
First time poster. I had believed in multiple deities for awhile now but none have called on me. Until earlier when I had a weird dream where a bunch of scenes were playing out at once while the word Kaos blinked on and off eventually being ate by a hippo that spit out the word.

some of the things that played through it was

A golden apple with one bite taken out oxidizing in a field on barley
A dying mermaid begging the gods to be turn into a statue
A man being chased by a female clan only for a hooded figure to kill them all
Egyptian icons like the sphinx and a golden pillar with wings
Pea puree melting into the snow
A toy bike with a scythe on it riding down a street I know

it was odd and gave me a strong emotion like it was a sign,  but I don't know what it means except that it gave me purpose. What Pa/Matron do you think is calling me?

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10242
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 272
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 07:32:05 pm »
Quote from: Funk;175177
What Pa/Matron do you think is calling me?

I have no idea. Most tend to be a bit more direct than this. Perhaps this was just a dream with no more special message than any other dream?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Mellee

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: May 2015
  • Posts: 78
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 06:45:58 am »
Quote from: Funk;175177
Until earlier when I had a weird dream where a bunch of scenes were playing out at once while the word Kaos blinked on and off eventually being ate by a hippo that spit out the word.

 
I don't have much to say except that sounds like quite a dream! Were you lucid dreaming?

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Location: Western Australia
  • *
  • Posts: 435
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 14
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:23:08 am »
Quote from: Funk;175177
First time poster. I had believed in multiple deities for awhile now but none have called on me. Until earlier when I had a weird dream where a bunch of scenes were playing out at once while the word Kaos blinked on and off eventually being ate by a hippo that spit out the word.

some of the things that played through it was

A golden apple with one bite taken out oxidizing in a field on barley
A dying mermaid begging the gods to be turn into a statue
A man being chased by a female clan only for a hooded figure to kill them all
Egyptian icons like the sphinx and a golden pillar with wings
Pea puree melting into the snow
A toy bike with a scythe on it riding down a street I know

it was odd and gave me a strong emotion like it was a sign,  but I don't know what it means except that it gave me purpose. What Pa/Matron do you think is calling me?

 
To be honest, my first thought was that Eris is trolling you, perhaps just to see if you're paying attention. The blinking kaos and the golden apple sort of suggested Eris to me. I don't know how you feel about goddesses of discord, though. If it's not Eris, it could be another trickster, perhaps Hermes? Or, perhaps it is both, or perhaps neither. I may be totally misinterpreting things. It's hard to say from what you've given here. Only you'll know whether my thoughts ring true or not.

It could also just be a weird dream, because that sometimes happens, even if it feels meaningful. I'd keep an eye out for more dreams, or other signs, because if a god is trying to get your attention, they'll usually keep trying until they get through to you, one way or another. Perhaps try some divination, or do a small ritual, asking them to make themselves known to you. See if that brings any results.
Sobekemiti | Queer Polytheist, Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/them
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

fishbonesy

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2014
  • Posts: 2
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Dream (Is my Patron/Matron Making First Contact?)
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:07:49 pm »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;175232
To be honest, my first thought was that Eris is trolling you, perhaps just to see if you're paying attention. The blinking kaos and the golden apple sort of suggested Eris to me. I don't know how you feel about goddesses of discord, though. If it's not Eris, it could be another trickster, perhaps Hermes? Or, perhaps it is both, or perhaps neither. I may be totally misinterpreting things. It's hard to say from what you've given here. Only you'll know whether my thoughts ring true or not.

It could also just be a weird dream, because that sometimes happens, even if it feels meaningful. I'd keep an eye out for more dreams, or other signs, because if a god is trying to get your attention, they'll usually keep trying until they get through to you, one way or another. Perhaps try some divination, or do a small ritual, asking them to make themselves known to you. See if that brings any results.

 
I agree with all of this, I definitely got Eris vibes out of this too. I'm also seconding the idea that it could just be a one-off dream. If someone really wants your attention, they'll keep trying. That said, if you're not interested in working with Eris (or whoever it may be) for whatever reason, you're not required to answer.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
1067 Views
Last post October 29, 2012, 05:20:52 am
by Elementalist
2 Replies
880 Views
Last post May 31, 2013, 10:03:00 pm
by missgraceless
5 Replies
2742 Views
Last post May 23, 2013, 03:52:51 pm
by DancesWithHorses
43 Replies
3239 Views
Last post January 26, 2016, 02:12:04 pm
by lizcommotion
7 Replies
1578 Views
Last post August 17, 2016, 07:54:46 pm
by MattieBoy

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal