collapse

Author Topic: Watch as the pendulum swings  (Read 1407 times)

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Watch as the pendulum swings
« on: December 27, 2012, 06:51:06 am »
Hello all!!!  Merry met!!!!  Hope this post finds all of you well.  I have a new pendulum and was wondering if anyone out there has tips on using it?  Ex: should I bless it before use?  Clense it?  Energize it?  Ask a certain deity to be there?  If anyone could explaing the process, how it works, ect.  I will research it but I trust this source on this forum before I trust a source on the internet. (yes I know that this forum is on the internet, silly ;) You know what I mean)  Appreciative of any help.
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
Re: Watch as the pendulum swings.........................
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 06:56:48 am »
Quote from: millergrls;87049

Hello back atcha!

First: yes you can bless, cleanse, consecrate if need be.  There are various methods to do those, so I won't go into them here.  
A helpful  received from a mentor: when you're getting to know your piece, it's  best to 'calibrate' it.  When you have it dangling in the right spot, ask it to show you 'yes' and show you 'no.'  In my experience that'll help you bond with the piece.  It also helps if you wind up needing to shop for a new pendulum down the road.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:57:33 am by MadZealot »
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

EarthStar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:59:14 am »
I will research it but I trust this source on this forum before I trust a source on the internet. (yes I know that this forum is on the internet, silly ;) You know what I mean)  Appreciative of any help.

*Breathes a sigh of relief*. You have no idea how refreshing it is to hear someone with some sense!

I've done quite a lot of pendulum work, it is one of my favourite methods of divination. Here is an article i wrote for a pagan webzine on it, it's a very basic introduction to pendulum dowsing:

Pendulum Work: The Basics

This 'How To' guide is a brief introduction to pendulums allowing a beginner to get some insights into basic pendulum use and to be able to make a choice of suitable pendulum. There are many methods and personal preferences as well as theories and explanations. You can make up your own mind by experience.

What is pendulum dowsing?

A dowsing pendulum is an object suspended by a cord, used for obtaining information which the normal senses are unable to access on a conscious level. You could improvise with an everyday object, such as a pendant, a chain, a plumb bob or a ring. However, a purpose made pendulum is best because it has a shape and geometry, that is, a symmetry. This allows the swing to be more even and, more sensitive and therefore more effective. Some believe that the pendulum is an extension of the person; others that it is moved by some 'other force'.

What is a pendulum for?

It is a tool used for obtaining information from beyond normal consciousness. It helps to tap into the Higher Self and enhance intuition. There are various theories about how and why the pendulum works, and why better for some than others. There is no magic involved. It utilises the natural process of tuning-in to the Higher Self. When we are too engrossed in everyday life and materialistic worries, our powers of intuition diminish. The intuition we had as children diminished with age in a lot of us as a result of negative programming. We forget who we are. We lose the ability to listen to the Higher Self. There are different techniques to reconnect with the Higher Self, and using the pendulum is one of these. As you become more proficient or adept, the intuition becomes so strong that you begin to know. To increase awareness and raise the consciousness is to make that connection to the Higher Self. The pendulum can be used in healing, energy balancing, detecting imbalances in energy fields, finding missing objects and other uses.

Does it matter what the pendulum is made from?

Yes, and to some extent no. It also depends on the person using the pendulum as well as the purpose, or intention of the dowser. To obtain a simple yes or no response, it should not matter. On the one hand it is the mental state of the dowser that can influence the pendulum and so the result. On the other hand it can be the material composition of the pendulum and the design, which can influence the result. This property, the shape, form, design can be used to advantage in analytical dowsing as well as in healing. This is where energy pendulums become special pendulums for more specific functions.

Choosing a pendulum

The methods of choosing a pendulum are varied and there is a simple rule of thumb to observe. That is - whatever works for you is the best for you - as, after all, it is results that count. Having said that, for some forms of energy dowsing one would require a pendulum which is made of a particular material, in a specific shape or form, and well balanced for a smooth action. Choose a basic or general dowsing pendulum for general dowsing, e.g. yes and no questioning. This could be a conical or rounded pendulum. Both are precision made to have a good feel in use and have pointed ends to enable them to be used also for dowsing over charts and for map dowsing. These are made of brass, a material which is more neutral than say, wood, glass or crystal. (A crystal pendulum is in effect another energy device and will resonate ... according to the structure ... which can get in the way, or affect some forms of dowsing).

How do I use a pendulum?
The yes/no technique

1) The yes/no technique is most common in pendulum dowsing and may be achieved in several ways. See examples:
Example (a).
Very simplistically, these are some of the motions which a pendulum could trace and can be seen to be as follows.
A. Clockwise or circular right
B. Counter-clockwise or circular left
C. Diagonally left
D. Side to side
E. Diagonally right
F. Back and forth

Hold a pendulum cord between thumb and forefinger about three to four inches above the pendulum and let it hang more or less motionless. Ask a question mentally or verbally for a reaction to the answer 'yes'. Wait a few seconds for a reaction, which could be one of the motions described above.

Again, let the pendulum hang and mentally ask for a reaction to the answer for 'no'. The pendulum should move but in another manner or direction. The fingers and arm should not be held rigidly, and any small arm or finger movements should be allowed so that the pendulum will move! Some people have a very noticeable twitch or spasm in the arm, sending the pendulum into motion immediately. The idea is for any movement to be unconscious and not directly influenced by wishful thinking. My pendulum swings clockwise for yes, and anti-clockwise for no, and to start it of i always swing it in a backwards/forwards motion (which i call 'neutral') to get it going.

A few other pointers; pendulums can be temperamental and you may find that sometimes you just don't get on with one. Don't doubt your abilities, you just need to find one that you're more in tune with.

Because my pendulum is amethyst i cleanse it how i would any other crystal, by holding it under running water and then leaving it to dry in the moonlight. And then carrying it with me to attune it to my own 'vibrations'.

Think of creative ways to get to know your pendulum; put a battery in a box and then see if the pendulum can work out which end is the negative end of the battery and which is the positive. Draw a circle on a piece of paper and leave several pieces blank and see if the pendulum can find the one piece with the circle on. These sorts of exercises definitely help!

Have fun :)

Lynx

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:47:52 am »
Hello all!!!  Merry met!!!!  Hope this post finds all of you well.  I have a new pendulum and was wondering if anyone out there has tips on using it?  Ex: should I bless it before use?  Clense it?  Energize it?  Ask a certain deity to be there?  If anyone could explaing the process, how it works, ect.  I will research it but I trust this source on this forum before I trust a source on the internet. (yes I know that this forum is on the internet, silly ;) You know what I mean)  Appreciative of any help.

This is a great thread! Thanks for all the awesome advice on it, so far! I, also, am learning about the pendulum.

So far I have just been practicing yes or no questions that I already know the answer to, to see how accurate I am being with getting it to move. I am lucky enough that this seems to be an area for which I have a natural talent because the pendulum will move pretty quickly.

I would try that to at least get an idea of where you are at to start. For me, horizontal swinging is no and vertical swinging is yes.
My (mostly empty) spiritual blog: Writing In Color

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 08:55:39 pm »
Quote from: EarthStar;87057
*Breathes a sigh of relief*. You have no idea how refreshing it is to hear someone with some sense!

I've done quite a lot of pendulum work, it is one of my favourite methods of divination. Here is an article i wrote for a pagan webzine on it, it's a very basic introduction to pendulum dowsing:

Pendulum Work: The Basics

This 'How To' guide is a brief introduction to pendulums allowing a beginner to get some insights into basic pendulum use and to be able to make a choice of suitable pendulum. There are many methods and personal preferences as well as theories and explanations. You can make up your own mind by experience.

What is pendulum dowsing?

A dowsing pendulum is an object suspended by a cord, used for obtaining information which the normal senses are unable to access on a conscious level. You could improvise with an everyday object, such as a pendant, a chain, a plumb bob or a ring. However, a purpose made pendulum is best because it has a shape and geometry, that is, a symmetry. This allows the swing to be more even and, more sensitive and therefore more effective. Some believe that the pendulum is an extension of the person; others that it is moved by some 'other force'.

What is a pendulum for?

It is a tool used for obtaining information from beyond normal consciousness. It helps to tap into the Higher Self and enhance intuition. There are various theories about how and why the pendulum works, and why better for some than others. There is no magic involved. It utilises the natural process of tuning-in to the Higher Self. When we are too engrossed in everyday life and materialistic worries, our powers of intuition diminish. The intuition we had as children diminished with age in a lot of us as a result of negative programming. We forget who we are. We lose the ability to listen to the Higher Self. There are different techniques to reconnect with the Higher Self, and using the pendulum is one of these. As you become more proficient or adept, the intuition becomes so strong that you begin to know. To increase awareness and raise the consciousness is to make that connection to the Higher Self. The pendulum can be used in healing, energy balancing, detecting imbalances in energy fields, finding missing objects and other uses.

Does it matter what the pendulum is made from?

Yes, and to some extent no. It also depends on the person using the pendulum as well as the purpose, or intention of the dowser. To obtain a simple yes or no response, it should not matter. On the one hand it is the mental state of the dowser that can influence the pendulum and so the result. On the other hand it can be the material composition of the pendulum and the design, which can influence the result. This property, the shape, form, design can be used to advantage in analytical dowsing as well as in healing. This is where energy pendulums become special pendulums for more specific functions.

Choosing a pendulum

The methods of choosing a pendulum are varied and there is a simple rule of thumb to observe. That is - whatever works for you is the best for you - as, after all, it is results that count. Having said that, for some forms of energy dowsing one would require a pendulum which is made of a particular material, in a specific shape or form, and well balanced for a smooth action. Choose a basic or general dowsing pendulum for general dowsing, e.g. yes and no questioning. This could be a conical or rounded pendulum. Both are precision made to have a good feel in use and have pointed ends to enable them to be used also for dowsing over charts and for map dowsing. These are made of brass, a material which is more neutral than say, wood, glass or crystal. (A crystal pendulum is in effect another energy device and will resonate ... according to the structure ... which can get in the way, or affect some forms of dowsing).

How do I use a pendulum?
The yes/no technique

1) The yes/no technique is most common in pendulum dowsing and may be achieved in several ways. See examples:
Example (a).
Very simplistically, these are some of the motions which a pendulum could trace and can be seen to be as follows.
A. Clockwise or circular right
B. Counter-clockwise or circular left
C. Diagonally left
D. Side to side
E. Diagonally right
F. Back and forth

Hold a pendulum cord between thumb and forefinger about three to four inches above the pendulum and let it hang more or less motionless. Ask a question mentally or verbally for a reaction to the answer 'yes'. Wait a few seconds for a reaction, which could be one of the motions described above.

Again, let the pendulum hang and mentally ask for a reaction to the answer for 'no'. The pendulum should move but in another manner or direction. The fingers and arm should not be held rigidly, and any small arm or finger movements should be allowed so that the pendulum will move! Some people have a very noticeable twitch or spasm in the arm, sending the pendulum into motion immediately. The idea is for any movement to be unconscious and not directly influenced by wishful thinking. My pendulum swings clockwise for yes, and anti-clockwise for no, and to start it of i always swing it in a backwards/forwards motion (which i call 'neutral') to get it going.

A few other pointers; pendulums can be temperamental and you may find that sometimes you just don't get on with one. Don't doubt your abilities, you just need to find one that you're more in tune with.

Because my pendulum is amethyst i cleanse it how i would any other crystal, by holding it under running water and then leaving it to dry in the moonlight. And then carrying it with me to attune it to my own 'vibrations'.

Think of creative ways to get to know your pendulum; put a battery in a box and then see if the pendulum can work out which end is the negative end of the battery and which is the positive. Draw a circle on a piece of paper and leave several pieces blank and see if the pendulum can find the one piece with the circle on. These sorts of exercises definitely help!

Have fun :)

You are absolutely beyond awesome.  So much information.  The pendulum I got, I really didn't pick out?  I picked out a chakra crystal kit.  I knew the pendulum came with it, but I will be honest?  Really didn't know what I pendulum was.  So hopefully it will fit me well.  If not I will find a new one. This pendulum is all the crystals of the chakras.  I worked with it a little bit and when I asked a yes question and it went counter clockwise, and then vice versa with a no question.  Before I go to bed i will put it outside to energize it, I have already clensed it.  Thank you for all of this.
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

Tags: