collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Raising/Centering Energy  (Read 916 times)

millergrls

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 162
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Raising/Centering Energy
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:51:15 pm »
I read that when raising and sending energy, that you need to first center it where your power source is strongest.  When meditating i have three strong power points where I can send my energy and feel very high vibrations.  Can i work with either three points, should I continue to develp so that one is the strongest, or do I work with all three in my practice?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:18:09 am by RandallS »
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

millergrls

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 162
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Raising energies
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:53:07 pm »
When centering and raising your energies where do you center your energies from?
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10213
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 270
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Raising/Centering Energy
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:33 am »
A Reminder:
I merged two threads which seem to be asking the same thing in slightly different ways
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

millergrls

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 162
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Raising/Centering Energy
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:02:55 am »
Quote from: RandallS;91242
A Reminder:
I merged two threads which seem to be asking the same thing in slightly different ways

 
I am sorry for this.  They are sort of the same question.  The first question was for the purpose of where I should my energy from.  I have been learning on raising and sending energy.  I read that I should find which center I feel my energy from and send it from there.  But I feel my energies in three different areas.  My heart, third eye and crown.  I was wondering (which feels right to me) if I should send from each center or should I focus on building on just one to send my energy from.

The other questions was simple curiousity of where others send their energies from.  Kind of the same, so I should have written them together but seperate issues for me.  Again I apologize.  I will watch this more closely the next time. :):)
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

Jenett

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Boston, MA
  • Posts: 3289
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 787
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Raising/Centering Energy
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:52:21 pm »
Quote from: millergrls;91276
I am sorry for this.  They are sort of the same question.  The first question was for the purpose of where I should my energy from.  I have been learning on raising and sending energy.  I read that I should find which center I feel my energy from and send it from there.  But I feel my energies in three different areas.  My heart, third eye and crown.  I was wondering (which feels right to me) if I should send from each center or should I focus on building on just one to send my energy from.

The other questions was simple curiousity of where others send their energies from.  Kind of the same, so I should have written them together but seperate issues for me.  Again I apologize.  I will watch this more closely the next time. :):)

 
Let's see if I can clarify a bit.

First, Chakras and "center" are terms from two different approaches to magical and energetic work. They are not exactly compatible.

Energy work in the sense that most Western-modern-witchcraft-stuff talks about it (by which I mean the stuff that's come out in the past 30 years or so, from the modern Pagan communities that do such things, that is not necessarily religious) often references chakra work rather badly.

The way I was taught (which works for a number of people, but obviously isn't the only option in the world) is like this:

- Centering is about knowing what's you or what's not you.

- Grounding is about balancing your energy against the energy of the world around you. (Which can mean getting rid of excess, or can mean drawing in ambient energy deliberately if you are lacking.)

- Shielding is about maintaining good boundaries between your energy and the energy of other things/people/rocks/small furry animals from Alpha Centauri.

(These are the short versions: I have longer versions on my website that include practical examples and exercises - specifically, the 'Centering', 'Grounding', and 'Energetic self-care' essays on the Practices page.)

Now. Your chakras are a different way of looking at energy, and there's a lot of sort of lousy info out there about them in a lot of modern sources. (As is true with a lot of concepts borrowed from other cultural explanations and practices.)

My understanding of their origins is that ideally, you want *all* of your chakras to be balanced: overabundance or lack in any of them may cause problems. Likewise, most people have one or two that tend to be very active and open for them, one or two that are often blocked or challenged, and a couple that are pretty neutral.

For anyone who's interested in digging more into this, including exercises and other related work, I highly recommend Anodea Judith's _Wheels of Life_. (It is very much from a Europeanised perspective, but she does a good job explaining some of the background and presenting a comprehensive approach, which is more than a lot of people manage.)

Now, when you talk about Centering from a Western-magic perspective, what you're talking about is finding the center of your body, energetically and physically. This does sometimes correspond to a chakra point - for many women, it's somewhere near the 2nd chakra (the womb), and for many men, it's often nearer the 3rd (the solar plexus)

These are because those are the physical centers of body movement and personal gravity (somewhat lower in many women's bodies than men because of biomechanics). However, that's just a rough guideline: I know men whose energetic centers are lower, and women whose are higher, and genderqueer and transgender folks whose centers are in all sorts of places.

The easiest way to find it is an exercise I suggest on my website: finding your physical center (by rocking back and forth on your toes, side to side, finding the place where you are physically in balance) and then working from there to energetic balance. Again, this may or may not directly be a chakra point.

The short answer to your actual question is: my energetic center is in about the space covered by my palm if I put my hand (palm to skin) with my thumb at my bell-button.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

millergrls

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 162
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Raising/Centering Energy
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;91464
Let's see if I can clarify a bit.

First, Chakras and "center" are terms from two different approaches to magical and energetic work. They are not exactly compatible.

Energy work in the sense that most Western-modern-witchcraft-stuff talks about it (by which I mean the stuff that's come out in the past 30 years or so, from the modern Pagan communities that do such things, that is not necessarily religious) often references chakra work rather badly.

The way I was taught (which works for a number of people, but obviously isn't the only option in the world) is like this:


- Centering is about knowing what's you or what's not you.

- Grounding is about balancing your energy against the energy of the world around you. (Which can mean getting rid of excess, or can mean drawing in ambient energy deliberately if you are lacking.)

- Shielding is about maintaining good boundaries between your energy and the energy of other things/people/rocks/small furry animals from Alpha Centauri.

(These are the short versions: I have longer versions on my website that include practical examples and exercises - specifically, the 'Centering', 'Grounding', and 'Energetic self-care' essays on the Practices page.)

Now. Your chakras are a different way of looking at energy, and there's a lot of sort of lousy info out there about them in a lot of modern sources. (As is true with a lot of concepts borrowed from other cultural explanations and practices.)

My understanding of their origins is that ideally, you want *all* of your chakras to be balanced: overabundance or lack in any of them may cause problems. Likewise, most people have one or two that tend to be very active and open for them, one or two that are often blocked or challenged, and a couple that are pretty neutral.

For anyone who's interested in digging more into this, including exercises and other related work, I highly recommend Anodea Judith's _Wheels of Life_. (It is very much from a Europeanised perspective, but she does a good job explaining some of the background and presenting a comprehensive approach, which is more than a lot of people manage.)

Now, when you talk about Centering from a Western-magic perspective, what you're talking about is finding the center of your body, energetically and physically. This does sometimes correspond to a chakra point - for many women, it's somewhere near the 2nd chakra (the womb), and for many men, it's often nearer the 3rd (the solar plexus)

These are because those are the physical centers of body movement and personal gravity (somewhat lower in many women's bodies than men because of biomechanics). However, that's just a rough guideline: I know men whose energetic centers are lower, and women whose are higher, and genderqueer and transgender folks whose centers are in all sorts of places.

The easiest way to find it is an exercise I suggest on my website: finding your physical center (by rocking back and forth on your toes, side to side, finding the place where you are physically in balance) and then working from there to energetic balance. Again, this may or may not directly be a chakra point.

The short answer to your actual question is: my energetic center is in about the space covered by my palm if I put my hand (palm to skin) with my thumb at my bell-button.

 
Ok, thank you.  When I raise my vibrations (energies) I feel is extremely strong in the top of my head and at my third eye and ( a little less in my heart) my heart.  This is where I feel it centered most.  When I hear messages this is where I feel it and when I sense a sprit around me this is where I feel it.  should I focus on building on one, or should I use my strength and use all.  I have done the exercises to activate my second chakra to get the energy flowing there so to speak.  After doing this I have noticed that my energies have increased.  Although, I still feel them more in the upper half of my body.  That is why I wonder if I  should work from where I feel the energy flow the most.  Everything you have said goes with what I have read.  I have learned what energies are mine and what are not.  I do know that I feel less energy coming from my second chakra or belly button.  Should I work more on this or go with where I feel my energy the most?  Thank you for your reply.  I have checked out your website some and I will without a doubt check it out some more.  There is plentiful information to be found on it.  I understand the chakras and balancing the chakras.  I have found that when they are balanced I feel better and more grounded.  I balance them once a week.  Thank you again for all the information.
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
1301 Views
Last post August 15, 2012, 07:15:26 pm
by blackwolf696
3 Replies
742 Views
Last post January 16, 2014, 02:58:10 pm
by Scales
2 Replies
2761 Views
Last post June 07, 2014, 10:36:07 pm
by catloverkid
2 Replies
864 Views
Last post September 03, 2015, 10:18:44 pm
by Faemon
6 Replies
796 Views
Last post October 22, 2018, 06:50:17 pm
by Jenett

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall