collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: raising energy, aura clensing and such...how to?  (Read 2160 times)

blackwolf696

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/james.e.white.10
raising energy, aura clensing and such...how to?
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:07:54 pm »
so i asked the few pagans i know around where i live and i was told that i need to do stuff like cleanse my aura, raise my energies and what not. my question is before i practice any rituals or anything whats recommended that i need do and how do i do it?
REFUSE! RESIST!

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: raising energy, aura clensing and such...how to?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 05:20:05 pm »
Quote from: blackwolf696;66289
so i asked the few pagans i know around where i live and i was told that i need to do stuff like cleanse my aura, raise my energies and what not. my question is before i practice any rituals or anything whats recommended that i need do and how do i do it?

That depends on what you want to do, honestly, and how you want to do it.

Good basics for many kinds of ritual magic or religious ritual purposes include:
- Being aware of what's you and what isn't you (centering and shielding)
- Being able to manage your own energy levels (grounding)
- Being able to remove unwanted energies from you - just like we take a bath or shower to get dirt off our body, we can do the same with energy (energy or psychic hygiene)

I've got a bunch of info on my website on all four of those. http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/ is the index, and you may find both other topics on that page, and elsewhere on the site useful to you.

Raising energy - which is the term used generally for 'collecting energy, harnessing it and directing it to a purpose - is something that's done in context of a specific action (not just in ritual). There's a bunch of ways to do that, but which one you pick depends partly on you, and partly on what you're doing. If you talked a bit more about what your path/practice is and what you want to do, we could probably make more useful suggestions.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

blackwolf696

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:50:04 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;66301
That depends on what you want to do, honestly, and how you want to do it.

Good basics for many kinds of ritual magic or religious ritual purposes include:
- Being aware of what's you and what isn't you (centering and shielding)
- Being able to manage your own energy levels (grounding)
- Being able to remove unwanted energies from you - just like we take a bath or shower to get dirt off our body, we can do the same with energy (energy or psychic hygiene)

I've got a bunch of info on my website on all four of those. http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/ is the index, and you may find both other topics on that page, and elsewhere on the site useful to you.

Raising energy - which is the term used generally for 'collecting energy, harnessing it and directing it to a purpose - is something that's done in context of a specific action (not just in ritual). There's a bunch of ways to do that, but which one you pick depends partly on you, and partly on what you're doing. If you talked a bit more about what your path/practice is and what you want to do, we could probably make more useful suggestions.

i was told anger is an energy that i shouldn't use. but how does someone build a specific energy?
REFUSE! RESIST!

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 07:55:00 pm »
Quote from: blackwolf696;66317
i was told anger is an energy that i shouldn't use. but how does someone build a specific energy?

Anger's an emotion. Emotions can feed or flavour energy, in my way of doing stuff, but they're not energy themselves.

Best starting analogy: say you want to throw a party for someone you care about. What stuff do you do to make that work well?

What you do is probably some combination of:
- Think through what your end goal is.
- Think through what you have for resources
- Think through what you know about the person and what will work for them.
- Think through how much time/energy/money etc. you have for this

If you do it right, you end up with an awesome party, where your friend is delighted and able to relax and enjoy themselves, because you've created a situation where the energy is flowing and easy and moving. If you don't do it right, you have one of those stilted parties where everyone's uncomfortable.

Raising energy is a lot like that: you think about what your end goal is, you do stuff (ritually) that helps support that goal (which might be everything from how you decorate the space to what words you use to music/incense/clothing/whatever that helps create the right mode and focus and intention.)

And then you put yourself into it, and give of yourself to help collect and shape the living energy around us and use it for a purpose. (Just like a good host or hostess at a party will keep things moving, help introduce people who'll have good conversations to each other, etc.)

Now, exactly how you learn how to do that is a bit more complicated. It is legitimately hard to learn from books or text, just like learning how to throw a good party is hard to learn.

But the basics: manage your own stuff (those links I gave you). Know what your goal is. Practice feeling energy around you (there's some examples in those links, but general awareness for a month or two goes a long way: walk into a room, take a guess about what the people in there have been feeling. Walk into a party or a group of people, and see how you can shape it to be a happier or more relaxed or whatever place. Practice centering, grounding, shielding, and other energy-related exercises.)

And then the usual method is to use a ritual technique which will work whether you fully sense the energy or not, and do your best. (This is one of the reasons people use stuff like candle magic: it's a good way to learn how to focus and direct energy, but a lot of candle magic purposes will still work fine even if your focus and directions is a bit shaky.)

Working with other people who know what they're doing is probably the most reliable way to learn, but that of course comes with a number of other considerations. (This is how I learned:  that meant I got to be in ritual with people who'd spent years building skills on directing energy, so I learned what it felt like long before anyone asked me to do a lot of directing it on my own.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

blackwolf696

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 11:13:21 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;66326
Anger's an emotion. Emotions can feed or flavour energy, in my way of doing stuff, but they're not energy themselves.

Best starting analogy: say you want to throw a party for someone you care about. What stuff do you do to make that work well?

What you do is probably some combination of:
- Think through what your end goal is.
- Think through what you have for resources
- Think through what you know about the person and what will work for them.
- Think through how much time/energy/money etc. you have for this

If you do it right, you end up with an awesome party, where your friend is delighted and able to relax and enjoy themselves, because you've created a situation where the energy is flowing and easy and moving. If you don't do it right, you have one of those stilted parties where everyone's uncomfortable.

Raising energy is a lot like that: you think about what your end goal is, you do stuff (ritually) that helps support that goal (which might be everything from how you decorate the space to what words you use to music/incense/clothing/whatever that helps create the right mode and focus and intention.)

And then you put yourself into it, and give of yourself to help collect and shape the living energy around us and use it for a purpose. (Just like a good host or hostess at a party will keep things moving, help introduce people who'll have good conversations to each other, etc.)

Now, exactly how you learn how to do that is a bit more complicated. It is legitimately hard to learn from books or text, just like learning how to throw a good party is hard to learn.

But the basics: manage your own stuff (those links I gave you). Know what your goal is. Practice feeling energy around you (there's some examples in those links, but general awareness for a month or two goes a long way: walk into a room, take a guess about what the people in there have been feeling. Walk into a party or a group of people, and see how you can shape it to be a happier or more relaxed or whatever place. Practice centering, grounding, shielding, and other energy-related exercises.)

And then the usual method is to use a ritual technique which will work whether you fully sense the energy or not, and do your best. (This is one of the reasons people use stuff like candle magic: it's a good way to learn how to focus and direct energy, but a lot of candle magic purposes will still work fine even if your focus and directions is a bit shaky.)

Working with other people who know what they're doing is probably the most reliable way to learn, but that of course comes with a number of other considerations. (This is how I learned:  that meant I got to be in ritual with people who'd spent years building skills on directing energy, so I learned what it felt like long before anyone asked me to do a lot of directing it on my own.)

so how could i use anger to feed the energy? im reading the link u sent from start to finish now, ill list how i build my anger.

growing up i was always picked on for being a loser basically. for example when everyone was listening to boy bands or late 90s rap i was getting into godsmack and system of a down. as i grew older i was picked on because i just didnt fit in in general. so i started diving further into heavy metal that felt the angst and what not i felt inside.

i began developing more of a rebellious attitude and when people would attempt to mess with me i got in their face. now its been years since that but iv learned how to summon the anger iv felt since. iv also had a lot of other negative things happen but that was just the most easily understood.

all i need to do is concentrate and i can feel something like energy rise up in me, i am a chill person at heart but it takes maybe a minute and i can get pumped like i used to be. also listening to really rebellious bands like slayer and 5 finger death punch gets me full of energy so to speak.
REFUSE! RESIST!

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 07:24:55 am »
Quote from: blackwolf696;66344
so how could i use anger to feed the energy? im reading the link u sent from start to finish now, ill list how i build my anger.

Not the smartest move, honestly.

Anger is a powerful emotion - but it's also often a hard to control one, an unreasoning one, one that overwhelms better choices. That means that while it can be *effective* for some things, it can also be a really lousy idea.

(Which also means, "not a thing I'm inclined to make easier for other people to do.")

Now, if you want to make use of your experiences, there are ways to do that. Take what you feel and turn it into determination, or focus, or desire to create a better world for yourself and the people around you. Those emotions are a lot more easy to focus and point in a specific direction, so they also tend to be a lot more effective.

blackwolf696

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 07:15:26 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;66363
Not the smartest move, honestly.

Anger is a powerful emotion - but it's also often a hard to control one, an unreasoning one, one that overwhelms better choices. That means that while it can be *effective* for some things, it can also be a really lousy idea.

(Which also means, "not a thing I'm inclined to make easier for other people to do.")

Now, if you want to make use of your experiences, there are ways to do that. Take what you feel and turn it into determination, or focus, or desire to create a better world for yourself and the people around you. Those emotions are a lot more easy to focus and point in a specific direction, so they also tend to be a lot more effective.

i believe i can try that. iv been able to almost completely "get rid of" being depressed. simply by going from "what did i do" to what did happen and what should have happened. every time something bad happens in my life and i get angry i kinda learn a little more each and every time how to better control and direct my anger, for the most part im able to let it build up. then it simmers down and im completely fine. if im in the middle of doing something hands on, i am able to (what feels like) summon that anger and get what ever im doing faster or if something dosn't fit im able to force whatever it is to fit.

ages ago i used to shoot my compound bow, i could hit targets at a relatively long distance flawlessly. infact when i could i would do it when i was most angry. simply because i could focus and see my shot before i let go of the string. that was ages ago tho, had to get rid of the bow so i gave it to a marine recruiter who did bow hunting.
REFUSE! RESIST!

Tags: