Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Questions about spirit guides  (Read 1607 times)

SunshineDancingintheDark

• View Profile
Questions about spirit guides
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:40:07 am »
I guess I'm sort of looking for validation here/ that I understood correctly. 1. Is it possible to have more than one animal spirit guide? I think I've read the answer to that once before, but I forgot because my head is exploding with everything I've researched lately, and it's becoming a bit overwhelming. 2. What does it mean if one doesn't reveal it's name? 3. Is it possible/normal/common to have a guide with a goddess' name? Part of me thinks I must have gotten it wrong.

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about spirit guides
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »
Quote from: SunshineDancingintheDark;176460
I guess I'm sort of looking for validation here/ that I understood correctly.

Since it's about your personal experience and you don't currently follow an established tradition, I would advise to simply observe the mystery for now.

1. Is it possible to have more than one animal spirit guide? I think I've read the answer to that once before, but I forgot because my head is exploding with everything I've researched lately, and it's becoming a bit overwhelming. 2. What does it mean if one doesn't reveal it's name? 3. Is it possible/normal/common to have a guide with a goddess' name? Part of me thinks I must have gotten it wrong.

1. If you take note of more than one, and consider more than one, then yes it's possible.

2. Meaning exists in a context. What do you mean by name? Something that is spelled and pronounced? Because I feel that there are some concepts that are too detailed/complex to be anything but a being, but because I can't spell it or pronounce it, it's not a name. But it is. But it isn't. But it is. Or if it doesn't identify at all, it could mean anything from that "it forgot" to that "it won't bother" to "you're not ready" to "you'll never need to" and more and others.

3. A guide with the name of a goddess? If it fits, then it does. If you express that this is your experience and you haven't figured it out enough for there to be a disclaimer like "this has a similar name to a goddess but don't get confused this is not the goddess" or "this is the goddess is an unfamiliar form" or even "I haven't figured this bit out yet but I'm sticking with this bit", then dedicants of that goddess are going to be rude to you. You could grow a thick skin and ignore them because they're bound to have issues if somebody else's personal spirituality grates on them so much and you're being as honest as you possibly can be with saying this guide has a goddess's name, or you can remain silent or vague about it, or you can continue speaking of your guide/deity with a sobriquet, or something else.

I hope this helped!
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

SunshineDancingintheDark

• View Profile
Re: Questions about spirit guides
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 09:36:49 am »
Quote from: Faemon;176467
Since it's about your personal experience and you don't currently follow an established tradition, I would advise to simply observe the mystery for now.

1. If you take note of more than one, and consider more than one, then yes it's possible.

2. Meaning exists in a context. What do you mean by name? Something that is spelled and pronounced? Because I feel that there are some concepts that are too detailed/complex to be anything but a being, but because I can't spell it or pronounce it, it's not a name. But it is. But it isn't. But it is. Or if it doesn't identify at all, it could mean anything from that "it forgot" to that "it won't bother" to "you're not ready" to "you'll never need to" and more and others.

3. A guide with the name of a goddess? If it fits, then it does. If you express that this is your experience and you haven't figured it out enough for there to be a disclaimer like "this has a similar name to a goddess but don't get confused this is not the goddess" or "this is the goddess is an unfamiliar form" or even "I haven't figured this bit out yet but I'm sticking with this bit", then dedicants of that goddess are going to be rude to you. You could grow a thick skin and ignore them because they're bound to have issues if somebody else's personal spirituality grates on them so much and you're being as honest as you possibly can be with saying this guide has a goddess's name, or you can remain silent or vague about it, or you can continue speaking of your guide/deity with a sobriquet, or something else.

I hope this helped!

Thanks :) That was actually kind of confusing. The main reason I feel that I am sure is because it was a name I have never heard of, and none that I would have pulled off the top of my head. So it resonated with me. If I understand what you're saying correctly, I don't think it is the goddess, just that it shares the name. And yep, with the other animal I got the impression of "not ready".

And I believe I have now chosen my path :) It leaves me with incredible joy.

Tags: