collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Meditation to Speak with the Gods (Namely Hecate and Brighid)  (Read 1031 times)

Tamina

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Location: Eastern Connecticut
  • Posts: 181
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Hey everyone!

I've been working with Hecate for about a year or two now, ever since I wrote a short story where she took a larger than intended part and, though I've been kinda touch and go, she has always seemed okay with that. She whacks me when she needs attention and she lets me go when she doesn't want anything out of me.

Lately (I'd say in the past few weeks) I have been feeling a subtle nudge or poke from Brighid. Now, I've always been interest in the Celtic Pantheon, and when I was first starting in my practice I worked with certain Gods, none of which was Brighid.

Anywho, I guess I wasn't paying particular attention to Brighid and what she wanted, she seems so... deliberately quiet, because Hecate smacked me upside the head with a "This is a Good Fucking Idea and you need to get on it now." Now, I know that I need to find a way to work with them... together.

I just have no idea how to do that, and I'm also getting the feeling that I need to somehow get to a point that I can talk to them. I want to meditate, but I honestly feel like the way that I would normally do that isn't quite right, usually it's part of a ritual. I just... I've never meditated to specifically speak with the Gods.

What do you guys think?
Any advice, lessons learned, or ideas to help me along would be greatly appreciated!

Tamina

Hrútsvinr

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Location: Melbourne
  • Posts: 50
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • Torch and Hailstone
  • Religion: Heathenry
Re: Meditation to Speak with the Gods (Namely Hecate and Brighid)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:56:39 am »
Quote from: Tamina;104589
Hey everyone!

I've been working with Hecate for about a year or two now, ever since I wrote a short story where she took a larger than intended part and, though I've been kinda touch and go, she has always seemed okay with that. She whacks me when she needs attention and she lets me go when she doesn't want anything out of me.

Lately (I'd say in the past few weeks) I have been feeling a subtle nudge or poke from Brighid. Now, I've always been interest in the Celtic Pantheon, and when I was first starting in my practice I worked with certain Gods, none of which was Brighid.

Anywho, I guess I wasn't paying particular attention to Brighid and what she wanted, she seems so... deliberately quiet, because Hecate smacked me upside the head with a "This is a Good Fucking Idea and you need to get on it now." Now, I know that I need to find a way to work with them... together.

I just have no idea how to do that, and I'm also getting the feeling that I need to somehow get to a point that I can talk to them. I want to meditate, but I honestly feel like the way that I would normally do that isn't quite right, usually it's part of a ritual. I just... I've never meditated to specifically speak with the Gods.

What do you guys think?
Any advice, lessons learned, or ideas to help me along would be greatly appreciated!

Tamina

Hei there! I don't know that I'm the best person to answer your question but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

In my experience, meditation is always a good way to let gods into your mind, or at least open up yourself to be more sensitive to godly presences around you and out in the world. Meditating, I find, lets you quiet your mind and really sense things. Which could be very helpful if you're trying to listen to Hecate and Brighid, and what they're trying to tell you (if they are).

I realise this doesn't do much in the way of actively figuring out how to work with them and how to talk to them, but it might help your mind settle, and a course of action might become clearer. All kinds of things pop into my head when I quiet it, some of them profound and helpful. Maybe it's the same for you.

I think meditation is a great way to talk to Gods - if that's your first instinct, I'd go with it. I don't know how different it would be outside of a ritual context, but it probably won't be a problem to get into the swing of things.

Health and good luck to you.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:58:08 am by Hrútsvinr »

MattyG

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jun 2012
  • Posts: 406
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Meditation to Speak with the Gods (Namely Hecate and Brighid)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:17:58 pm »
Quote from: Tamina;104589
What do you guys think?
Any advice, lessons learned, or ideas to help me along would be greatly appreciated!

Tamina

 
I'm going to link you to a series of articles that's been posted on the Cauldron Cill.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/category/columns/loop-of-brighid/

It's a series entirely about Brigidine paganism, and it might help you find new ways to connect with her. The author posts every other Wednesday. I've just recently discovered the series, and I'm personally trying to implement some of the ideas into my practice.

Tamina

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Location: Eastern Connecticut
  • Posts: 181
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Meditation to Speak with the Gods (Namely Hecate and Brighid)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:04:09 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, my husband is taking a week of leave before some training, so I'm pretty distracted during the day. :)

Quote from: Arin;104607
I think meditation is a great way to talk to Gods - if that's your first instinct, I'd go with it. I don't know how different it would be outside of a ritual context, but it probably won't be a problem to get into the swing of things.

I ended up kind of getting into a comfortable half asleep half awake state of mind. This is the first way that Hecate spoke to me, and it worked! Not as intimate as I wanted, more of a thoughtful quiet "just learn about me" but it's given me a starting point! I'm excited to throw myself into it.
 
Quote from: MattyG;104648
I'm going to link you to a series of articles that's been posted on the Cauldron Cill.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/category/columns/loop-of-brighid/

It's a series entirely about Brigidine paganism, and it might help you find new ways to connect with her. The author posts every other Wednesday. I've just recently discovered the series, and I'm personally trying to implement some of the ideas into my practice.

Thank you!! I'm thrilled to find it! I'm only through the first article, but I"m trying not to eat them up before just thinking and pondering them. :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:26:44 am by SunflowerP »

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
1380 Views
Last post July 06, 2011, 05:13:43 pm
by Wrynn
64 Replies
15924 Views
Last post September 18, 2017, 07:13:51 pm
by Castus
2 Replies
1077 Views
Last post February 12, 2012, 06:20:11 pm
by Fireof9
68 Replies
9201 Views
Last post May 11, 2012, 08:05:48 am
by hlewagastir
3 Replies
853 Views
Last post August 10, 2014, 09:05:41 am
by Hipporadish

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall