collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: General/Non-Specific: Lost Item! Needing help  (Read 4608 times)

Caol B.

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Item! Needing help
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 09:09:07 am »

they do not require validation or approval.

Yet you seek it from me. I won't indulge your delusions. Now stop stalking me, underclassman.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Ehina

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 09:46:17 am »
I used to be into Christian Apologetics. I have no interest discussing anything that comes out of the middle-east anymore. It never bares fruit, and is a waste of time well spent elsewhere. Sorry.

Reminder, this isn't a forum topic about religious discussion and is a beginner friendly board. If you feel compelled to argue over beliefs I'm sure there's a forum for that.

Caol B.

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 10:11:14 am »
Reminder, this isn't a forum topic about religious discussion and is a beginner friendly board. If you feel compelled to argue over beliefs I'm sure there's a forum for that.
That's why I ended the conversation by stating my disinterest in the topic, dear.

:^)

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 11:47:02 am »
I used to be into Christian Apologetics. I have no interest discussing anything that comes out of the middle-east anymore. It never bares fruit, and is a waste of time well spent elsewhere. Sorry.

Lumping together all religions that "came out of the Middle East" is not really a productive or accurate way to look at their history. The three best-known ones (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are very different in their culture and position in the world, and bundling them all together in order to dismiss all three can contribute to antisemitism and Islamophobia, which are very real problems.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 11:49:39 am »
Hey everyone! So I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I made myself a pendulum a few months back, I used a crystal point that I found when I was a kid and some string and I was super proud of it. I wore it like a necklace for a super long time, but one night I took it off to charge and it vanished! I'm so heartbroken!!! I have looked all over for it but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have checked in all my typical safe places and it hasn't turned up, I even asked the local fae to return it if they found it or took it. I thought maybe it would turn up on it self but so far no dice. Does anyone have any recommendations on a quick way to find it or maybe someone might be able to see where it is? Thanks in advance!

When you say you took it off to charge and it vanished, do you mean that you couldn't find it the next morning, or that it had vanished sometime during the day? If it's the former, it's probably still somewhere in your living space and will turn up eventually--maybe it's even gone temporarily missing for a reason. If the latter, that's a bit more of a problem.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Ehina

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 11:55:31 am »
When you say you took it off to charge and it vanished, do you mean that you couldn't find it the next morning, or that it had vanished sometime during the day? If it's the former, it's probably still somewhere in your living space and will turn up eventually--maybe it's even gone temporarily missing for a reason. If the latter, that's a bit more of a problem.
I couldn't find it the next morning. :/

Caol B.

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 12:22:00 pm »
can contribute to antisemitism and Islamophobia, which are very real problems.

Whatever helps you feel morally superior, soygoy. One day you'll realise that no one cares about your virtue signalling. Probably right before the "blade of allah" comes down on your neck, or when you're being hunted by communist death squads.

ON TOPIC:

Perhaps do what I've done in the past. Go out one day for a hike, and make it a goal to only pick up a stone that you believe the divines have put before you. It's almost a sort of divination unto itself. It may take you days, even months, but you will know it when you see it. This will bring great meaning into your new talisman and you may even forget about your old one.

[edit]: replied with the wrong message. Was meant for a different thread, lol.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:25:53 pm by Caol B. »

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 05:17:05 pm »

Do you have a cat or other pet that might have knocked it somewhere?
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »

Can you describe the location a bit more?

Is there furniture (including rugs) that it could have gotten underneath? Other people or animals around that could have moved it? Are there other spots where you often place small objects? (like, if you had a brain glitch and put your pendulum where you usually put your spare change, or something. Goodness knows I do that from time to time.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Ehina

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 06:35:56 pm »
Do you have a cat or other pet that might have knocked it somewhere?
I do have cats but they aren't allowed in my room and my door stays closed when I'm not in there. My charging area is on a shelf near the head of my bed so if it somehow would have fallen off (it's a large shelf so I have no idea how it could possibly but who knows) it would have felt it in bed with me. I remember taking it off before I went to bed and placing it on top of a selenite slab and when I woke up it was gone.

Ehina

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 06:37:44 pm »

Is there furniture (including rugs) that it could have gotten underneath? Other people or animals around that could have moved it? Are there other spots where you often place small objects? (like, if you had a brain glitch and put your pendulum where you usually put your spare change, or something. Goodness knows I do that from time to time.)

I do have rugs but I've picked them up to vacuum under neath them multiple times since, I have two catch all plates and I have since emptied them out and put the contents in their rightful home.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 11:16:08 am »
Hey everyone! So I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I made myself a pendulum a few months back, I used a crystal point that I found when I was a kid and some string and I was super proud of it. I wore it like a necklace for a super long time, but one night I took it off to charge and it vanished! I'm so heartbroken!!! I have looked all over for it but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have checked in all my typical safe places and it hasn't turned up, I even asked the local fae to return it if they found it or took it. I thought maybe it would turn up on it self but so far no dice. Does anyone have any recommendations on a quick way to find it or maybe someone might be able to see where it is? Thanks in advance!

I once had a pendulum vanish in much the same way. It turned up several years later, which is like... "thanks? I guess?" It worked funky after that, too.

What you could do is make another temporary pendulum and use that to try and find the lost one. (Just use a heavy necklace or something.)

Ehina

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 12:24:51 pm »
I once had a pendulum vanish in much the same way. It turned up several years later, which is like... "thanks? I guess?" It worked funky after that, too.

What you could do is make another temporary pendulum and use that to try and find the lost one. (Just use a heavy necklace or something.)
I might just have to do that. Well actually I did make one for my friend that I have packaged up that I just thought of. I could just use that one and then cleanse it once I'm done.

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Contemplative/Christian/Eclectic
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 12:40:04 am »

I have had crystals go missing on me at various times. I'm not sure I believe this so much, but I have read that sometimes crystals have their own agenda and will move on to wherever they feel they're most needed. I'm mentioning this, just in case it might resonate with you, especially as the crystal meant a lot to you as a kid.

You could also try using tarot cards or another makeshift pendulum and a rough map of where you live to help you locate the crystal.
What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. - CG Jung

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 09:42:27 pm »

I do agree that one should exhaust mundane explanations first, but sometimes, well....

This is an absolutely true story which happened to me a few months back; around December, I believe. I was at work and needed a ladder, and I knew one was kept in a locked closet on the 6th floor. I went there, found the ladder, but as I inspected it I noted that it was missing safety labels and warnings which my job site requires. We had some extra labels downstairs, so I locked the ladder back in the closet and went downstairs to get the labels.

When I came back up and unlocked the closet the ladder was gone. GONE, without a trace. The floor was vacant and only a very few of us had keys to the closet it had been in...it was a very small closet, about 4' by 5', and the ladder was the only item of importance in it. The floor was vacant, so nobody had legitimate business in there. I asked my co-workers, who were the only ones who realistically might have used that ladder, if they had been in there and done anything with it; they all told me no.

So I went about my business and just let the mystery stand. I looked in that closet two or three times a month, but didn't see the ladder. About three months later, though, I unlocked the closet...and the ladder was back. Exactly where I left it. Still missing the labels.

I don't think anyone, human or otherwise, is really trying to mess with me and I'm not looking for a deeper spiritual meaning in The Case Of The Missing Ladder. Other than this: The world is a stranger and more complex place than it might appear at first glance.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Tags: