Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Interested in learning to read runes; any good online resources?  (Read 1303 times)

Arthurine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Interested in learning to read runes; any good online resources?
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:11:32 am »
Hey all! Back from a bit of a hiatus.

I've been reading more about druidry and becoming more interested in learning to read runes; I only read tarot as things stand now. Can anyone recommend any good free/online resources? My library isn't exactly up to snuff on such things and I'm utterly broke.

Thanks in advance!

With any luck, I\'ll grow up to be Nanny Ogg.    

Arthurine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in learning to read runes; any good online resources?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 03:53:37 am »
Quote from: Arthurine;131402

I've been reading more about druidry and becoming more interested in learning to read runes; I only read tarot as things stand now. Can anyone recommend any good free/online resources? My library isn't exactly up to snuff on such things and I'm utterly broke.

Thanks in advance!

I thought I should say that what I mean is reading with ogham the way one reads runes, so I would like to know how one reads runes and then I can start translating that to how to read ogham, sorry I didn't specify! Or is there already a method for reading ogham in this way? Anyway I'm probably sounding really dumb, but I hope you folks get the gist.

With any luck, I\'ll grow up to be Nanny Ogg.    

Enid

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:16:41 am »
Quote from: Arthurine;131402

Thanks in advance!

The Rune Poems are a good place to start http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/rune_poems.html
Crazy, Skeptic Pagan - Just a skeptical druid blogging about religion, mental illness, and whatever else triggers my fancy

The Little Rock Pagan Meetup - Come Meet Some Awesome Pagans!

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:07:32 pm »
Quote from: Arthurine;131405
I thought I should say that what I mean is reading with ogham the way one reads runes, so I would like to know how one reads runes and then I can start translating that to how to read ogham, sorry I didn't specify! Or is there already a method for reading ogham in this way? Anyway I'm probably sounding really dumb, but I hope you folks get the gist.

I'm not sure if what you mean by 'the way one reads runes' is, 'some people use runes for divination; can ogam be used for divination as well?' or, 'I've seen a few methods of using ogam for divination but don't connect with them; I would like a method that's more similar to the way runes are used.'

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Lionrhod

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lionrhod.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 05:33:05 pm »
Quote from: Arthurine;131405

Still a little confused with what you want, but here is a new book (FINALLY) by the person who taught me Ogham http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/csspages/css_ogham.htm

Haven't had a chance to read the book yet, but Dean's classes were mind-blowing.
When given a choice between black and white, choose purple.
SpellCraft Secrets: The Art of Creating Magic Spells Made Easy 2nd edition, revised
Dark Moon Gates - Pagan YA Fantasy
Nenfari - FREE Dark Sword & Sorcery
The Spider\'s Yule Gift - A Children\'s Folktale & Polish Pagan Holiday Traditions
My Website

Tags: