collapse

Author Topic: How do you know it's real?  (Read 5887 times)

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: How do you know it's real?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 10:09:31 am »
Quote from: Morphidae;53496
That's a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing. Mine is Athena and I'll look for stamps and coins (I'm sure there will be some!) for the shrine.

Athena is depicted on quite a few coins, especially coins from Athens.  She's on quite a few stamps as well though sometimes she is also identified as Minerva on some of the catelogs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:11:59 am by monsnoleedra »

Mac Gobhann

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »
Quote from: Chausette;51950
Now, I don't mean to offend anyone here. I'm genuinely not asking this out of malice - I'm just wondering, how do you know this is all real? When you commune with a God(dess), what is your confirmation that "yes, this is real and not just something I'm making up in my head"?

The reason I ask this is that I've recently tried to reach out to a Goddess, but I keep worrying that it's just my mind inventing things whenever She answers me. I'm a very imaginative person, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that I could just be having a conversation with myself, answering in the way I'd want Her to. So is there any way to solidly know that yes, this is real? Do you still experience doubt, or is it just the fact that I'm a beginner that I'm still questioning the reality of these things?

I have a strong imagination and my faith aides me in this endeavor to commune with the Gods and Goddesses. Faith can take you to strange places within your mind but it makes it up. If it's real, I believe it is on my part but i'm like the rest and sometimes wonder to myself if my voice is loud enough to be heard.

Amethyst

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://aamethyst.wordpress.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 01:39:26 am »
Quote from: Chausette;51950
Now, I don't mean to offend anyone here. I'm genuinely not asking this out of malice - I'm just wondering, how do you know this is all real? When you commune with a God(dess), what is your confirmation that "yes, this is real and not just something I'm making up in my head"?

The reason I ask this is that I've recently tried to reach out to a Goddess, but I keep worrying that it's just my mind inventing things whenever She answers me. I'm a very imaginative person, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that I could just be having a conversation with myself, answering in the way I'd want Her to. So is there any way to solidly know that yes, this is real? Do you still experience doubt, or is it just the fact that I'm a beginner that I'm still questioning the reality of these things?

I haven't read the whole thread, so if I repeat, I apologize! But here's my two cents on it: personally, I've never felt connected to a god or goddess.  From a young age, I always said I believed in every god - because I saw it as everyone worshiping one main spirit, and using their own personal religion to reach that.  I think my family thought I'd grow out of that idea, but it's the one thing I'm sure of.  That being said, when I decided I was Wiccan, I tried VERY hard to find a patron god and goddess. None fit and I was very frustrated. Now, starting out on a new path and looking into other Pagan religions, I'm coming to realize that maybe god-worship isn't for me, and I guess I consider myself a little pantheist. For me, I am equal to a god or goddess, because I am an integral part of nature. As of right now, I don't worship a specific deity. I may call on them in prayer, but that's often more to focus my thoughts than anything.

I guess what I'm saying is, worshipping or connecting or being called by a certain deity may not work for everyone. There is a path for everyone; it just may be hidden from you right now. Good luck on your continued searching!
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.//Serbian Proverb
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why.//Mark Twain
Member of the New Order of Druids//Greener Paths

Tags: