Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Witchcraft: Help with a spell?  (Read 1489 times)

UrsaJune

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Help with a spell?
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:29:34 pm »
I'm quite new at the whole putting theory into practice and today I decided I wanted to help a friend who has run into a lot of problems.

I wanted to created a simple spell that could help him burn away his troubles. Its just a simple spell where he rights his worries down on a piece of paper and burns it but it occurred to me that the lunar cycle and what to do with the ashes of the paper afterward should be taken into consideration and I have no clue where to start.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Help with a spell?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:47:26 pm »
I'm quite new at the whole putting theory into practice and today I decided I wanted to help a friend who has run into a lot of problems.

I wanted to created a simple spell that could help him burn away his troubles. Its just a simple spell where he rights his worries down on a piece of paper and burns it but it occurred to me that the lunar cycle and what to do with the ashes of the paper afterward should be taken into consideration and I have no clue where to start.

Usually, you use the waning moon time to get rid of things and the waxing moon to bring them to you.  There are several free phone apps that will tell you the current moon phase.  Ashes could be disposed of in the wind.  I also once used a dumpster at a Walmart to get rid of ashes for a spell to keep away someone I had a lot of animosity towards, because to me that symbolizes the ultimate in disposable crap, so that's another way that could work.  Running water is traditional for these, but nowadays we have to be more concerned with pollution and may not have easy access to a river.

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:01 am »

Thank you for your time.

You don't HAVE to use the lunar cycle - I don't generally. I'd rather actually do something than put it off. Once you start that there's a real risk you'll never do it.

For this spell - make sure that the wording is very very  precise. If, for an example, he's having trouble with a co -worker you don't want to solve the problem by him losing his job!

As for the ashes, I'd probably toss them into the wind to get rid  of them - blow his troubles away.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 01:14:26 am »

Thank you for your time.

I'd say waning moon, and then flush the ashes down the toilet. But you know, find something that resonates with your friend.

skruddgemire

• View Profile
  • Religion: Solo-Prac Wiccan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 08:35:12 am »

Depending on what his troubles are, that might not be enough. If the cause of the trouble is still there...he still has to face it and the stress that it causes.

If it were me, I'd also be looking to cast a spell to help him find the confidence needed to deal with said troubles. Then I'd see if there was anything I could do to help him deal with the troubles. Things like...if he was looking for a job, something to aid his search, if a person is bothering him a spell to make him less noticeable to said person, etc.

So use the "remove worry" spell to take the edge off, bolster his confidence in his own ability to deal with the problems, and aid him wherever applicable.

Ecco

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/ford.rachel
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 11:47:07 pm »
Depending on what his troubles are, that might not be enough. If the cause of the trouble is still there...he still has to face it and the stress that it causes.

If it were me, I'd also be looking to cast a spell to help him find the confidence needed to deal with said troubles. Then I'd see if there was anything I could do to help him deal with the troubles. Things like...if he was looking for a job, something to aid his search, if a person is bothering him a spell to make him less noticeable to said person, etc.

So use the "remove worry" spell to take the edge off, bolster his confidence in his own ability to deal with the problems, and aid him wherever applicable.

This is fair point - sometimes it is not always a simple easy fix. But I have found that burning symbols of strife can add an extra energetic boost in times of need.

I have often buried ashes from similar spells and placed charged herbs which symbolize what new energy or thought I want to channel this dispelled issues into - so that way it's all integrated into working towards a larger goal. But maybe that's a bit much or out of line with what your friend needs.

Tags: