collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Had an encounter with the goddess, now interested in trad wicca/hedgewitch  (Read 911 times)

Diana

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Apr 2013
  • Posts: 18
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!

 I had been thinking about paganism and wicca a lot over the last few months, its something I've previously been interested in when I was a teenager but never had the confidence to really get into it. Recently I added a colleague on Facebook who has been sharing pagan images and pages, which got me interested again.

So I decided to read a copy of a book I've had sitting on my kindle shelf for ages - Scott cunningham's wicca, a guide for the solitary practitioner. There was a part where he suggested just sitting in front of a candle to meet the wiccan deity, and another where he said to repeat some of the names given to the god and goddess. As I did so I truly felt the presence of the divine, never experienced anything like it. As I said the names Diana and Osiris over and over I just felt so happy and at peace all of a sudden. Since then (that was a few days ago) I've felt like a different person, like I've got new direction in life, like I'm no longer lost. I've spent the last few years being a guilty catholic, and while I am still proud of the heritage I have from that, I realise now what my true calling and path must be.

I've ordered another book online, Rae Beth's "the hedgewitches way" as while I do love wicca and Scott Cunningham's approach to it, some parts of wicca feel a little too formal for me so reading about the Hedgewitch path has interested me. I've also ordered a mini wiccan altar kit to see how I feel about using tools (very cheaply too) and a set of wooden runes. I was tempted to order some more candles but think ill burn down the ones I have, as they all came in nice glass holders which I can reuse.

Phew, sorry for the long post. Any tips or advice is welcome. :)
My avatar is a picture of my pet cornsnake, Cleopatra :)

Juniper

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 160
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Quote from: Diana;104856

I've ordered another book online, Rae Beth's "the hedgewitches way" as while I do love wicca and Scott Cunningham's approach to it, some parts of wicca feel a little too formal for me so reading about the Hedgewitch path has interested me. I've also ordered a mini wiccan altar kit to see how I feel about using tools (very cheaply too) and a set of wooden runes. I was tempted to order some more candles but think ill burn down the ones I have, as they all came in nice glass holders which I can reuse.

Phew, sorry for the long post. Any tips or advice is welcome. :)


I haven't read 'The Hedgewitches Way' but I have read her book 'Hedgewitch', which is a staple on my shelf even now. I first picked it up about 10 years ago when I was first becoming interested in various aspects of witchcraft. This book ended up being rather influential in how and why I began to combine my witchcraft with my religious path. The two are entwined for me nowadays.

Good luck in your journey, and enjoy the discoveries :)
"I\'ve seen fake gods, and bad gods, and demigods and would-be gods; out of all that, out of that whole pantheon,
 if I believe in one thing... just one thing... I believe in her."

~David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor

Diana

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Apr 2013
  • Posts: 18
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Quote from: Juniper;104864
I haven't read 'The Hedgewitches Way' but I have read her book 'Hedgewitch', which is a staple on my shelf even now. I first picked it up about 10 years ago when I was first becoming interested in various aspects of witchcraft. This book ended up being rather influential in how and why I began to combine my witchcraft with my religious path. The two are entwined for me nowadays.

Good luck in your journey, and enjoy the discoveries :)

 
I almost bought that one, yet I picked her other book as it has just as many positive reviews on amazon and is formatted to be read like an instructional book. I wasn't sure whether I would find it easy reading the letters format, but I still think I want to read it at some point.
My avatar is a picture of my pet cornsnake, Cleopatra :)

MurasakiSedai

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 9
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Quote from: Diana;104856
Hello everyone!

 I had been thinking about paganism and wicca a lot over the last few months, its something I've previously been interested in when I was a teenager but never had the confidence to really get into it. Recently I added a colleague on Facebook who has been sharing pagan images and pages, which got me interested again.

So I decided to read a copy of a book I've had sitting on my kindle shelf for ages - Scott cunningham's wicca, a guide for the solitary practitioner. There was a part where he suggested just sitting in front of a candle to meet the wiccan deity, and another where he said to repeat some of the names given to the god and goddess. As I did so I truly felt the presence of the divine, never experienced anything like it. As I said the names Diana and Osiris over and over I just felt so happy and at peace all of a sudden. Since then (that was a few days ago) I've felt like a different person, like I've got new direction in life, like I'm no longer lost. I've spent the last few years being a guilty catholic, and while I am still proud of the heritage I have from that, I realise now what my true calling and path must be.

I've ordered another book online, Rae Beth's "the hedgewitches way" as while I do love wicca and Scott Cunningham's approach to it, some parts of wicca feel a little too formal for me so reading about the Hedgewitch path has interested me. I've also ordered a mini wiccan altar kit to see how I feel about using tools (very cheaply too) and a set of wooden runes. I was tempted to order some more candles but think ill burn down the ones I have, as they all came in nice glass holders which I can reuse.

Phew, sorry for the long post. Any tips or advice is welcome. :)


I know what you mean!

I have always had Wiccan tendencies, even before I knew what it was.  I was always taught that anything that didn't happen in a church building was satanic.  It was drilled into my head every day.  I had a hard time convincing my parents to let me dress up for Halloween, read certain books, listen to non-gospel music....

But the past month, I've been doing lots of meditating with the Elements and communing with Nature.  And you're right. I also feel like a truly different person.  I'm much more "in tune" with the feelings of everything/everyone else.  I have a much greater understanding of myself and the Universe.

I think it's a great feat in itself (and very eye-opening, freeing, and refreshing) just to give in and be who I have always felt I was supposed to be.
 
Congrats to you!

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
2518 Views
Last post September 13, 2011, 02:51:29 pm
by spoOk
12 Replies
1582 Views
Last post February 02, 2013, 05:23:34 pm
by eldri
5 Replies
1616 Views
Last post November 11, 2015, 02:09:36 pm
by Renlady22
16 Replies
2842 Views
Last post February 01, 2018, 08:13:50 am
by Altair
2 Replies
321 Views
Last post October 24, 2018, 09:07:43 pm
by Voren

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall