Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Guardian Spirits Altar?  (Read 1442 times)

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Guardian Spirits Altar?
« on: December 30, 2015, 09:27:10 am »
I'm considering setting up an altar for my guardian spirits. I was told by a reader that I have several spirits that are looking out for me, and there have been times they've literally saved my ass.

My question is have you set up an altar for your guardian spirits? Would you mind sharing some ideas on how I could set up my space?

RecycledBenedict

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian Spirits Altar?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:27:53 am »
Quote from: Izzie414;184224
I'm considering setting up an altar for my guardian spirits. I was told by a reader that I have several spirits that are looking out for me, and there have been times they've literally saved my ass.

My question is have you set up an altar for your guardian spirits? Would you mind sharing some ideas on how I could set up my space?

There are several ways of doing this, depending on which system(s) you chose to follow.

A Roman lararium is dedicated to your personal genius, the genius loci of your home, and the ancestral lares.

The book of Abramelin describe a household shrine used by mainly Abrahamite magicians in order to worship God and achieve contact with one's guardian spirit.

Caribbean spiritism use a table with a white tablecloth and a number of blessed glasscups or glassbowls, with a cross submerged into the central (or only) glass. Catholic artwork and photographs of ancestors are often placed on, or close to, the white table, and so are bottles of florida water and books of prayers (Catholic and/or Kardecian Spiritist). The tables does not look the same in Puerto Rico and Cuba. Similar customs may exist in the Dominican republic and Ecuador, but I am not informed about them.

PiscesMoon

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:30:40 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;184224

I did a google image search for 'personal spirit shrine altar' and lots of photos same up.

I especially liked this one- I think the idea of one that hangs on the wall like this is effective... and this way you'd have a compartment to honour each guardian spirit as you saw the need to.

http://www.harmonyhuthealingarts.com/uploads/7/3/5/9/7359374/__6767516.jpg

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 01:45:16 pm »
Quote from: FraterBenedict;184225
There are several ways of doing this, depending on which system(s) you chose to follow.

A Roman lararium is dedicated to your personal genius, the genius loci of your home, and the ancestral lares.

The book of Abramelin describe a household shrine used by mainly Abrahamite magicians in order to worship God and achieve contact with one's guardian spirit.

Caribbean spiritism use a table with a white tablecloth and a number of blessed glasscups or glassbowls, with a cross submerged into the central (or only) glass. Catholic artwork and photographs of ancestors are often placed on, or close to, the white table, and so are bottles of florida water and books of prayers (Catholic and/or Kardecian Spiritist). The tables does not look the same in Puerto Rico and Cuba. Similar customs may exist in the Dominican republic and Ecuador, but I am not informed about them.

The lararium sounds interesting. That sounds like what I'm looking for. I like having the tables but I live with someone so something small would be good.

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 01:46:36 pm »
Quote from: PiscesMoon;184227
I did a google image search for 'personal spirit shrine altar' and lots of photos same up.

I especially liked this one- I think the idea of one that hangs on the wall like this is effective... and this way you'd have a compartment to honour each guardian spirit as you saw the need to.

http://www.harmonyhuthealingarts.com/uploads/7/3/5/9/7359374/__6767516.jpg

I love the wall altar! It can be out in the open without being obvious.

Tags: