collapse
2019 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $650 (same as last year) to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 16 Sept 2019: $660 donated. $10 more our minimum goal! Let's beat last year's total of $99 more than the minimum!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Guardian Spirits Altar?  (Read 787 times)

Izzie414

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 252
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Guardian Spirits Altar?
« on: December 30, 2015, 09:27:10 am »
I'm considering setting up an altar for my guardian spirits. I was told by a reader that I have several spirits that are looking out for me, and there have been times they've literally saved my ass.

My question is have you set up an altar for your guardian spirits? Would you mind sharing some ideas on how I could set up my space?

RecycledBenedict

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2015
  • Posts: 851
  • Total likes: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian Spirits Altar?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:27:53 am »
Quote from: Izzie414;184224
I'm considering setting up an altar for my guardian spirits. I was told by a reader that I have several spirits that are looking out for me, and there have been times they've literally saved my ass.

My question is have you set up an altar for your guardian spirits? Would you mind sharing some ideas on how I could set up my space?


There are several ways of doing this, depending on which system(s) you chose to follow.

A Roman lararium is dedicated to your personal genius, the genius loci of your home, and the ancestral lares.

The book of Abramelin describe a household shrine used by mainly Abrahamite magicians in order to worship God and achieve contact with one's guardian spirit.

Caribbean spiritism use a table with a white tablecloth and a number of blessed glasscups or glassbowls, with a cross submerged into the central (or only) glass. Catholic artwork and photographs of ancestors are often placed on, or close to, the white table, and so are bottles of florida water and books of prayers (Catholic and/or Kardecian Spiritist). The tables does not look the same in Puerto Rico and Cuba. Similar customs may exist in the Dominican republic and Ecuador, but I am not informed about them.

PiscesMoon

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Posts: 15
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian Spirits Altar?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:30:40 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;184224
I'm considering setting up an altar for my guardian spirits. I was told by a reader that I have several spirits that are looking out for me, and there have been times they've literally saved my ass.

My question is have you set up an altar for your guardian spirits? Would you mind sharing some ideas on how I could set up my space?


I did a google image search for 'personal spirit shrine altar' and lots of photos same up.

I especially liked this one- I think the idea of one that hangs on the wall like this is effective... and this way you'd have a compartment to honour each guardian spirit as you saw the need to.

http://www.harmonyhuthealingarts.com/uploads/7/3/5/9/7359374/__6767516.jpg

Izzie414

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 252
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian Spirits Altar?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 01:45:16 pm »
Quote from: FraterBenedict;184225
There are several ways of doing this, depending on which system(s) you chose to follow.

A Roman lararium is dedicated to your personal genius, the genius loci of your home, and the ancestral lares.

The book of Abramelin describe a household shrine used by mainly Abrahamite magicians in order to worship God and achieve contact with one's guardian spirit.

Caribbean spiritism use a table with a white tablecloth and a number of blessed glasscups or glassbowls, with a cross submerged into the central (or only) glass. Catholic artwork and photographs of ancestors are often placed on, or close to, the white table, and so are bottles of florida water and books of prayers (Catholic and/or Kardecian Spiritist). The tables does not look the same in Puerto Rico and Cuba. Similar customs may exist in the Dominican republic and Ecuador, but I am not informed about them.

 
The lararium sounds interesting. That sounds like what I'm looking for. I like having the tables but I live with someone so something small would be good.

Izzie414

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Aug 2013
  • Posts: 252
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian Spirits Altar?
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 01:46:36 pm »
Quote from: PiscesMoon;184227
I did a google image search for 'personal spirit shrine altar' and lots of photos same up.

I especially liked this one- I think the idea of one that hangs on the wall like this is effective... and this way you'd have a compartment to honour each guardian spirit as you saw the need to.

http://www.harmonyhuthealingarts.com/uploads/7/3/5/9/7359374/__6767516.jpg

 
I love the wall altar! It can be out in the open without being obvious.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
4 Replies
1381 Views
Last post October 13, 2011, 06:37:19 am
by Jenett
5 Replies
1364 Views
Last post March 01, 2012, 09:17:47 pm
by RandallS
3 Replies
928 Views
Last post October 12, 2012, 10:42:01 am
by Materialist
3 Replies
1280 Views
Last post January 25, 2014, 09:24:46 pm
by ainellewellyn
2 Replies
1483 Views
Last post January 18, 2017, 09:59:56 am
by Dynes Hysbys

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall