Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Everyday spells?  (Read 4102 times)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Everyday spells?
« on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:52 pm »
hello guys :) do you guys do everyday spells? and how? cause I heard that the almanac has everyday spells thanks and blessed be

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Everyday spells?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:41:57 pm »
Quote from: addy;14085
hello guys :) do you guys do everyday spells? and how? cause I heard that the almanac has everyday spells thanks and blessed be

Spells for what?  Practice?

And what almanac?

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 04:55:59 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;14107
Spells for what?  Practice?

And what almanac?

Absent

spells for anything. And no clue what almanac its one that they sell in my town.

BunnyMaz

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:06:51 pm »
Quote from: addy;14130
spells for anything. And no clue what almanac its one that they sell in my town.

Almanac?  Spells for "anything"?

Hmm.  I'm not in your town, so I don't know what this almanac is.  Keep in mind, Paganism isn't one religion.  It is an umbrella term fora HUGE range of beliefs from Wiccans to Asatru, through Druids, Flamekeepers, and many more.  There is no "the almanac", since even most of these individual faiths have no main book from which people take their directions.

And most people I know that work spells do not take them lightly, or do them just because.  

It might help to know what path you're interested in exploring.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Everyday spells?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 06:29:14 pm »
Quote from: addy;14130

Do you mean the Llewellyn Magical Almanac?

I don't know how common daily spellwork actually is, but I rarely do spells anymore.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:30:18 pm »

If you mean the Llewellyn Spell-A-Day almanac, it's not meant that you do every spell in them, or anything. (Erm. I speak sort of from experience: I got asked if I'd write a bunch for the 2013 version, and just submitted them last weekend...)

Some of the days are more meditation things (especially if something of particular interest happened that day: I was assigned Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and for that, I did something that's more focused on taking small steps to help with social justice issues.)

Some of them are simple divination. Some are 'be attentive to this thing'.

And a bunch are spells but they're very simple (any 'every day' thing is: the Llewellyn word count is 150 words for most days, and there's only so much you can fit in so few words.) Most people won't do every one: they'll do the ones that speak to them, and keep the others for inspiration.

Most of them are also pretty light or another way of focusing what I, in my personal practice, would probably do mostly through divination or meditation or other self-awareness techniques. (Think about this thing, and what's bugging you about it. What can you do to make that better), that kind of thing. Still magical work, but not necessarily spell work, if you see the distinction.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 01:10:43 pm »
Quote from: BunnyMaz;14133
Almanac?  Spells for "anything"?

Hmm.  I'm not in your town, so I don't know what this almanac is.  Keep in mind, Paganism isn't one religion.  It is an umbrella term fora HUGE range of beliefs from Wiccans to Asatru, through Druids, Flamekeepers, and many more.  There is no "the almanac", since even most of these individual faiths have no main book from which people take their directions.

And most people I know that work spells do not take them lightly, or do them just because.  

It might help to know what path you're interested in exploring.

Oh ya!!! Im sorrrry, I should have wrote the name, and I should have remember that there isnt just one faith on her . Ugh I feel dumb now. I think I was tired when I wrote this sorry!!!

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 01:11:22 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;14203
If you mean the Llewellyn Spell-A-Day almanac, it's not meant that you do every spell in them, or anything. (Erm. I speak sort of from experience: I got asked if I'd write a bunch for the 2013 version, and just submitted them last weekend...)

Some of the days are more meditation things (especially if something of particular interest happened that day: I was assigned Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and for that, I did something that's more focused on taking small steps to help with social justice issues.)

Some of them are simple divination. Some are 'be attentive to this thing'.

And a bunch are spells but they're very simple (any 'every day' thing is: the Llewellyn word count is 150 words for most days, and there's only so much you can fit in so few words.) Most people won't do every one: they'll do the ones that speak to them, and keep the others for inspiration.

Most of them are also pretty light or another way of focusing what I, in my personal practice, would probably do mostly through divination or meditation or other self-awareness techniques. (Think about this thing, and what's bugging you about it. What can you do to make that better), that kind of thing. Still magical work, but not necessarily spell work, if you see the distinction.

Thank you!!!! :) I am getting the 2012 one xD. Thanks for the information :) blessed be

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 04:09:05 pm »

The only spell I use regularly is throwing a stone with intent.  I keep a few small (usually tiny) pebbles in my pocket.  If I want to banish a thought or emotion, I toss one and repeat a simple charm (something like "off it goes, like a pebble thrown").  I also use this charm to manifest things, though I usually throw them into a body of water in that case.

Brina

treekisser

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 04:13:51 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;14617
The only spell I use regularly is throwing a stone with intent.  I keep a few small (usually tiny) pebbles in my pocket.  If I want to banish a thought or emotion, I toss one and repeat a simple charm (something like "off it goes, like a pebble thrown").  I also use this charm to manifest things, though I usually throw them into a body of water in that case.

Brina

Ooh, I like. Do you pick the pebbles from a specific place, or pick a specific body of water, etc?

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Everyday spells?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;14617

Brina

I like this, Brina.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »
Quote from: treekisser;14618
Ooh, I like. Do you pick the pebbles from a specific place, or pick a specific body of water, etc?

I pick up pebbles that catch my eye, but I let my fingers choose which to toss.

Brina

rainbowgrower

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 08:30:07 am »

Heres a classic one with some surprising depth, as you gain experience with it....

*invokes love*

:)

Tags: