Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Dreams of Odin  (Read 2014 times)

kratos264

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Dreams of Odin
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:46:43 pm »
Hello evryone,
Over the past couple days I've been having dreams and visions of a one eyed man in  silhouette form hurling a spear, and then either the vision stops or I wake up. To me that clearly represents Odin, and I'm wondering where I could look to find more of what that might mean, or if I should be concerned.

Any information would be helpful, thank you.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Dreams of Odin
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:18:39 pm »
Quote from: kratos264;186063
Hello evryone,
Over the past couple days I've been having dreams and visions of a one eyed man in  silhouette form hurling a spear, and then either the vision stops or I wake up. To me that clearly represents Odin, and I'm wondering where I could look to find more of what that might mean, or if I should be concerned.

Any information would be helpful, thank you.

You should definitely be concerned. ;D

The spear-throwing could be an ownership thing, like he's trying to call dibs. But if you do divination or know someone you trust who does, I'd just ask. Odin isn't generally shy about it if he's asking you to dance.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:40:39 pm »
Quote from: Jack;186069
Odin isn't generally shy about it if he's asking you to dance.

You ain't kidding. I put off investigating it in depth for like, a year though. Because as you said... a cause for concern. I'm still wary.

kratos264

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:19:19 pm »
Quote from: Jack;186069
You should definitely be concerned. ;D

The spear-throwing could be an ownership thing, like he's trying to call dibs. But if you do divination or know someone you trust who does, I'd just ask. Odin isn't generally shy about it if he's asking you to dance.

I figured as much, I don't really know anyone who does divinations, I'm still relatively new to Heathenism, but I'll be researching some things. Thank you.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 12:45:54 am »
Quote from: kratos264;186074
I figured as much, I don't really know anyone who does divinations, I'm still relatively new to Heathenism, but I'll be researching some things. Thank you.

If you want to read more about Odin and his spear (*eyebrow waggle*) you could do worse than this article.

There's also a divination section here on the forum where you can ask, but for something like this it's generally better if you can find someone you trust.
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

kratos264

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:41:20 am »
Quote from: Jack;186075
If you want to read more about Odin and his spear (*eyebrow waggle*) you could do worse than this article.

There's also a divination section here on the forum where you can ask, but for something like this it's generally better if you can find someone you trust.

That article was very helpful, thank you. I'm not entirely sure that Odin's attention is what I want but I suppose there could be worse things thank you.

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:45:18 pm »
Quote from: kratos264;186086
That article was very helpful, thank you. I'm not entirely sure that Odin's attention is what I want but I suppose there could be worse things thank you.

I can tell you I was looking for a casual way to interact with Odin and found reading to him to be a great ice breaker . He loves stories and if you can find something on the history of the area you live in or family stories it's intimate but not heavy or scary.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 01:45:53 pm »
Quote from: Holdasown;186219
I can tell you I was looking for a casual way to interact with Odin and found reading to him to be a great ice breaker . He loves stories and if you can find something on the history of the area you live in or family stories it's intimate but not heavy or scary.

Not actually a recommendation but this gave me the mental image of Lil Odin curled up with his teddy bjorn listening to Are You My Mother.

kratos264

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 07:33:49 pm »
Quote from: Holdasown;186219

I might try that, do you think reading the Norse myths would work, until I get some history dug up? I've also started listening to some of the traditional themed music during my workouts, I don't remember the name of the band. I have a few other ideas I might try out too.
Thank you for the idea I hadn't thought of that.

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 09:56:40 pm »
Quote from: kratos264;186244
I might try that, do you think reading the Norse myths would work, until I get some history dug up? I've also started listening to some of the traditional themed music during my workouts, I don't remember the name of the band. I have a few other ideas I might try out too.
Thank you for the idea I hadn't thought of that.

I would try to find something he hasn't heard. So even some kind of fiction would be better than Norse tales.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 12:12:17 am »
Quote from: Holdasown;186365
I would try to find something he hasn't heard. So even some kind of fiction would be better than Norse tales.

I recommend Loki movieverse fanfiction. ;P

kratos264

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 07:05:31 pm »
Quote from: Holdasown;186365

I will work on finding something that may have some actual meaning. I feel  like he wouldn't mind hearing about the myths, I'd see that as a way of honoring him, but I think I'll just keep working at getting back into decent shape.

Tags: