collapse

Author Topic: Dreams and Pathfinding and being scared of a Goddess  (Read 2470 times)

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Dreams and Pathfinding and being scared of a Goddess
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 12:07:36 pm »
Quote from: Kodi R.;87941
Would it be natural to be scared if there was such a presence in your life?

(Also, sorry if double posting is against the rules. I don't know how to double quote and I didn't see anything about it when I read the rules)

When you tap the comment and the section comes up saying "quote" etc, hit the more button at the end and just. Copy post content. I use that if I see something I wanna talk about somewhere else. Just paste it when you open a new one.

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams and Pathfinding and being scared of a Goddess
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »
Quote from: Kodi R.;87967
Thank you, this was really helpful.

You're welcome, glad I could help.

(Can you tell me how to quote multiple parts of a post like you did? Do you just write in the code?)

Um, I can try? But I'm not sure my way is the best way to do it.

I only do this if what I'm selecting is from the original quote as a way to address specific points from that post. If you look at what I did here, you'll see that we can track your post back through the first quote, but not the second. It's important to leave the original quote code in tact. It shows who I'm quoting and takes us back to your original post.

If you look at the tool bar that shows up at the top of the reply box when you reply to a post you'll see a little quote icon. It's right next to the video icon.

1 copy the part you want from the original quote
2 delete it from the original quote
3 scroll past the original quote code so that you don't remove that part
4 paste it underneath, highlight and wrap it in quotes. Then you can type responses between the quotes.

I hope that made sense. If not, maybe someone else can give you a better explanation...

Kodi R.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 01:00:32 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;87979

Um, I can try? But I'm not sure my way is the best way to do it.

I only do this if what I'm selecting is from the original quote as a way to address specific points from that post. If you look at what I did here, you'll see that we can track your post back through the first quote, but not the second. It's important to leave the original quote code in tact. It shows who I'm quoting and takes us back to your original post.

If you look at the tool bar that shows up at the top of the reply box when you reply to a post you'll see a little quote icon. It's right next to the video icon.

1 copy the part you want from the original quote
2 delete it from the original quote
3 scroll past the original quote code so that you don't remove that part
4 paste it underneath, highlight and wrap it in quotes. Then you can type responses between the quotes.

I hope that made sense. If not, maybe someone else can give you a better explanation...

Thank you, again.

I think I got it. :)

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 01:17:49 pm »
Quote from: Kodi R.;87816
First off, Hi. I'm Kodi. A little nervous to be posting here.

I've been interested in Paganism for a while and I've looked on these boards a couple times before. I made a post once a long time ago but got scared and left.

Anyway,

I've been searching for the Path to take, I'm interested in a lot of mythology but I haven't been specifically drawn to anything and that No One really took interest in me.

A while ago ago though, I did have a dream that I tried to put in the back of my mind because it scared me. Or, rather, the Goddess that was in the dream did.

In the dream I was standing on a hill with a storm approaching. A huge twister. It was coming right at me. I was right in it's path and I was going to die.

And then I dived behind a hill and started repeating a name over and over again in my head. A prayer. Hecate.

Suddenly, the storm passed over me and I was left alive and completely unharmed. When I got up to leave the hill, a voice/name was shouted in my mind in red: "HECATE".

The problem is that Hecate has always scared me. I'm a very easily intimidated person and whenever I do read about Her, She makes me feel all weird. Somewhat tingly and a little afraid. Energetic but jumpy.

She does make me scared though.

So, I'm not sure why in my dream I had called for Her for protection or why She was there.

Recently, my life has been just like a twister, so I'm not sure about that either.

I was wondering if anyone knew if this meant anything, or if I just had a bad piece of food one day.

Thank you.

--Kodi

Hello Kodi,

Hekate is one of the goddesses I serve and worship and I think it's pretty normal to find Her intimidating at first - She definitely has an imposing presence. Tough, as a teacher She is stern but patient and understanding.

Her association with storms is not new - She had a specific festival where She was celebrated as Lady Of Storms, on 13th August, in hopes that She would protect the crops from destruction in that time of the year.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Vale

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 01:24:07 pm »
Quote from: Kodi R.;87816

--Kodi

Avalonia are offering one of their books on Hecate free on the kindle today only. (You don't need an ereader to read it - there is a free kindle app for a PC available from Amazon)

I haven't read it so don't know how good it is but Avalonia are generally OK as publishers

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=avalonia+kindle&qid=1356891679&rh=k%3Aavalonia+kindle%2Cn%3A133140011&sort=price

Kodi R.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 01:35:18 pm »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;87994
Hello Kodi,

Hekate is one of the goddesses I serve and worship and I think it's pretty normal to find Her intimidating at first - She definitely has an imposing presence. Tough, as a teacher She is stern but patient and understanding.

Her association with storms is not new - She had a specific festival where She was celebrated as Lady Of Storms, on 13th August, in hopes that She would protect the crops from destruction in that time of the year.

Thank you.

I didn't know She was associated with storms.

This might be a stupid question but...I've never really been good at praying/contacting so to speak since I usually end up stammering and being awkward...but how exactly do you start a relationship/communicate/etc.?

I figure the answer is different for everyone but I just thought I'd ask.

Kodi R.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 01:35:46 pm »
Quote from: Vale;87996
Avalonia are offering one of their books on Hecate free on the kindle today only. (You don't need an ereader to read it - there is a free kindle app for a PC available from Amazon)

I haven't read it so don't know how good it is but Avalonia are generally OK as publishers

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=avalonia+kindle&qid=1356891679&rh=k%3Aavalonia+kindle%2Cn%3A133140011&sort=price

Thank you for the information!

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 01:48:25 pm »
Quote from: Kodi R.;87999
Thank you.

I didn't know She was associated with storms.

This might be a stupid question but...I've never really been good at praying/contacting so to speak since I usually end up stammering and being awkward...but how exactly do you start a relationship/communicate/etc.?

I figure the answer is different for everyone but I just thought I'd ask.

No problem.

Start a relationship, if you already received the first shove from the otherside, is not as difficult as it might appear at first.

It can be as simple as picking a little portion of your time, as often as you are willing to, and dedicate it to Her - offer a prayer and some incense, or even start with prayer and then just talk about whatever is on your mind. She is a practical lady and if She wants  for you to know/do something, She will get as explicit or subtle as it is necessary for you to understand, until you are willing to try listening.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Icon by jewelotus

Kodi R.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 01:51:50 pm »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;88005
No problem.

Start a relationship, if you already received the first shove from the otherside, is not as difficult as it might appear at first.

It can be as simple as picking a little portion of your time, as often as you are willing to, and dedicate it to Her - offer a prayer and some incense, or even start with prayer and then just talk about whatever is on your mind. She is a practical lady and if She wants  for you to know/do something, She will get as explicit or subtle as it is necessary for you to understand, until you are willing to try listening.

Thank you again.

Is there any specific prayers/incense/etc. I could/should use or is it up to me?

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »
Quote from: Kodi R.;88007
Thank you again.

Is there any specific prayers/incense/etc. I could/should use or is it up to me?

I found lavander and sage to go over pretty well with Her. With prayers, I would go with anything that gives more of a feeling of the presence you are trying to connect to. You may to want to research her ephiteths and write your prayer, or you may  feel more at ease using something more formal like the Orphic Hymn or something you googled up and just impressed you. It's up to you.:)
Icon by jewelotus

Kodi R.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 02:16:42 pm »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;88012
I found lavander and sage to go over pretty well with Her. With prayers, I would go with anything that gives more of a feeling of the presence you are trying to connect to. You may to want to research her ephiteths and write your prayer, or you may  feel more at ease using something more formal like the Orphic Hymn or something you googled up and just impressed you. It's up to you.:)

I have plenty of sage for my usual meditation, so that's good. I can get lavender pretty easily.

Thank you. I got some books on kindle (I was browsing the other forums and I saw a list of books about Her that were recommended) so maybe those'll have stuff.

Thank you so much for your help. :)

Tags: