collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Brigid - Where to get Started?  (Read 4507 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: Brigid - Where to get Started?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:09 am »
Quote from: earth_dragon;51492
Yes, thank you for saying so. I am still very much new to Non-Brighidine FKing. I have some of the basics, and I'm working on them, but aside from the resources gathered here, there just doesn't seem to be much info out there.

I love the idea of combining different paths and actions till I find what works for me. Wicca, Brighid worship, and FKing seem to be the things that I am most attracted to right now. It may be that I am in need of those paths now, or they need me. What ever the case may be. I am happy to travel them.  :)

The reason there's not much out there is because FlameKeeping (remember the capital 'K' to distinguish it from Brighidine Flamekeeping) was created by HeartShadow, who is staff here at TC.  It didn't exist, by name, before she gathered it up and Named it.

Edited to add: also, FK is a contributory path, which means those of us following it are obligated to add to it as well. ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:01:59 am by veggiewolf »
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Egarwaen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Brigid - Where to get Started?
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 04:23:35 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;51464
The author has another book out about Celtic spirituality, _Where Three Streams Meet_, which is also excellent, and recently released another that I haven't read yet. Looking forward to it, though.

Mmm. Looks like I might have to give up on my attempt to go EBook-only. Both this and Brigid and Me sound like excellent resources for me.

I'm still wrestling with the concept of solitary practice and the difficulty of maintaining belief outside of direct divine contact. One of the things I enjoyed the most about the United Church, when I was younger, was the sense of community. Having lots of people come together and share in the same ceremonies made it feel better-anchored. Online communities like this one are good, but... They're not the same, at least for me. I'd been reading about the ADF, and they sounded interesting, but the closest Grove they list is in Sacramento, which is a bit too much of a drive. I think there might be some Wiccans around here; I know there's a decent pagan population, but I'm not sure of the precise organization.

I guess part of the point of all the reading is to put my personal experiences in a broader context, right? Help me understand them, rather than leaving me to just puzzle everything out on my own?

Tags: