Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Blessing  (Read 3024 times)

Ai

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Blessing
« on: May 17, 2014, 04:27:19 pm »
How does one bless an object? How do you, individually, perform a blessing on an object, person, or event? UPG welcome! :-)

Materialist

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Blessing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:21:16 am »
Quote from: Airelinn;147812
How does one bless an object?

I just sprinkle water on the thing.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:23:16 am »
How does one bless an object? How do you, individually, perform a blessing on an object, person, or event? UPG welcome! :-)

Not Wiccan, but blessing objects is pretty common. However, I will admit for me that blessing, consecrating, and purifying tend to run together.

First, I usually cense whatever it is, with either cedarwood or lotus incense. Cedarwood is purifying to me, and Sarasvati likes the smell of lotus. I'm pretty sure other scents would work too, if they were appropriate. (I'm thinking frankincense or something like that, sandalwood too, would be especially suitable)

While I'm doing this, I might feel the need to speak a few appropriate words. You might want to write these out beforehand, but I prefer to let Sarasvati inspire me to say something especially nice.

If the object is going to be used in a ritual, and the blessing is also part of a consecration, things can get a little strange. Like, when I consecrated my athame, I felt "inspired" to go outside in the rain and dance around. I did. I jumped and twirled a couple of times, then faced north and plunged the blade into the soil. Voila! Perfect.

I personally think simple, heartfelt blessings are very nice. Just say a little prayer over the object, one that is sincere. Sincerity goes a long way.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:16:49 pm »

I put my hands over the object, focus on any impurities being driven out, and go "you're blessed now! Ta-daaaa!" (Okay, I don't say that exactly, but that's the basic idea.)

Ai

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 02:18:14 pm »
Thanks for the ideas! Last time I did any wicca stuff or blessings was in high school but I'm dipping back in. I had to get a wedding present for someone and wanted to bless it but there was nothing good in my small town that they'd like so I just got then champagne lol.

ALiteraryLady

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 04:36:06 pm »
Quote from: Airelinn;147896
Thanks for the ideas! Last time I did any wicca stuff or blessings was in high school but I'm dipping back in. I had to get a wedding present for someone and wanted to bless it but there was nothing good in my small town that they'd like so I just got then champagne lol.

I'd bless the champagne with some water or some mixture of essential oils and then you could also type out the blessing (if the couple would be okay with it) and attach it to the bottle. Or you could write out the blessing, then burn it and put the bottle through the smoke to consecrate it as well (you may find it better to do this after the fire is out and there is still some smoke to go around it.

Ai

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 06:12:33 pm »
Quote from: ALiteraryLady;147915
I'd bless the champagne with some water or some mixture of essential oils and then you could also type out the blessing (if the couple would be okay with it) and attach it to the bottle. Or you could write out the blessing, then burn it and put the bottle through the smoke to consecrate it as well (you may find it better to do this after the fire is out and there is still some smoke to go around it.

Cool, thanks for the idea! :)

Tags: