Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics  (Read 125823 times)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics
« Reply #405 on: November 21, 2019, 01:53:32 am »
I redid my shrines over the last couple of weeks, and just took photos to share with someone else-Internet, so I figured I'd share them here too.

Description and photos (including details on where many of the items are from) on my website.

*follows link, reads*

*follows link to Astatula Candles*

*sighs, adds at least 7 candles to wish list*

My poor wallet.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #406 on: November 21, 2019, 11:27:35 am »
Sorry! Grabbed the wrong link, apparently. (Having linked to the athame post in the shrine one, like you do.)

Here's the right one, and I'm going to go fix the original one too.

I'm glad there are new posts because it reminded me that my project of the past few weeks has been building my Blue Star altar. I've been making the altar itself from scratch, which is a round table- I've designed mine in such a way that it's all individual components (base, pillar, top) that can be disassembled for storage. The top is almost done, so I decided to do an altar setup dry run to see how it would look once it's finished:

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #407 on: November 22, 2019, 06:55:05 pm »
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #408 on: February 18, 2020, 12:11:59 am »

I have updated my main shrine, primarily to include a trinket dish containing the pills of my Truvada/PrEP prescription on the upper right.

I have also begun to assemble a fairy shrine of random trinkets and such, placed in the frame from a fire station toy set for small children.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #409 on: February 18, 2020, 11:29:21 am »
I have updated my main shrine, primarily to include a trinket dish containing the pills of my Truvada/PrEP prescription on the upper right.

I have also begun to assemble a fairy shrine of random trinkets and such, placed in the frame from a fire station toy set for small children.

I love that fire station frame!  Now I want to look at all kids toys as possible shrine structures...
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #410 on: February 18, 2020, 11:38:35 am »
I love that fire station frame!  Now I want to look at all kids toys as possible shrine structures...

It's sort of the same principle as using dollhouses. This set just happened to be super cheap at my work yesterday. But you're right, it turned out really delightful!
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #411 on: February 19, 2020, 12:02:02 pm »
It's sort of the same principle as using dollhouses. This set just happened to be super cheap at my work yesterday. But you're right, it turned out really delightful!

I had one of those large fancy wooden dollhouses when I was a kid...now I want one to make into a fancy shrine!
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #412 on: January 01, 2022, 05:30:33 pm »
I had one of those large fancy wooden dollhouses when I was a kid...now I want one to make into a fancy shrine!
I'm currently wrapping up a move, and trying to set up my altars and shrines appropriately. Definitely taking the time between Solstice and Imbolc (my birthday) to think things through about what I want to do.
Though, I will say - hubby is helping by getting frames for my illustrations of Dionysos and Persephone, which I really wasn't expecting. I'm glad that he's supporting me in that endeavor and in my spirituality.

Pics will come soon!
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #413 on: January 03, 2022, 09:37:06 pm »

Another shrine/altar update! I did a big cleanup and reorganization of my apartment lately, and of course that meant some polishing and updating of shrines and altars.

The Main Shrine

A much-loved honeycomb-shaped set of shelves with individual sections for idols and images of Dionysos (lowermost shelf), Aphrodite (upper right, along with a glass flower and piece of lapis lazuli as offerings to her), and the apotheosis of Freddie Mercury (center left, with ceramic cat miniatures), as well as a "gate" for the spirits (lower right) complete with vessels for liquid offerings and a platform for non-liquid offerings (upper left).

Other Shrines

Here I honor Bruce Lee. The crochet dragon and the little figure are from Ashmire here; the piece of tourmalinated quartz I received from atop Bruce's grave some time ago). I also impulsively acquired a premade Marilyn Monroe shrine and so I give honor to her spirit here as well. To the left of the Bruce Lee shrine I will construct a Carrie Fisher shrine when I get the opportunity and items necessary for it.

The Desktop Altar/Shrine

This is my work shrine/altar; power flows through it via the speaker through which I play music. It is flanked by two maneki neko (Lucky Cat) figures, dotted with meaningful crystals and space for liquid, flame, and chocolate offerings as well as miniature idols of Aphrodite and Dionysos, not to mention Freddie himself, surrounded by Mercury dimes I took from my late father's old coin collection. My earrings hang on a tree behind the candle, charging them with power.

The Mysterious Crystal Cubby

I don't know who this is devoted to in particular, other than all my Powers, but it's beautiful. A collection of the majority of my stones, most of them for keeps, but a few intended to be wrapped and sold someday.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2022, 02:17:41 am »
Another shrine/altar update! I did a big cleanup and reorganization of my apartment lately, and of course that meant some polishing and updating of shrines and altars.

A couple more I forgot!

My shrine to the good neighbors, which has already needed some adjusting for offered pieces to stop mysteriously moving around.

And of course my tiny shrine to David Bowie, positioned opposite the door so I see it when I come in.
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

CharlaineC

• View Profile
  • Religion: Wiccan
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #415 on: January 25, 2022, 11:22:16 am »
This is my new alter as I'm just rebuilding it after a wildfire. Its very simple but once I find a table and marble slab for the top I will add an updated photo. Currently I have it set up for Imbolc.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 13, 2022, 06:46:19 pm »

I finally crafted a new enclosure for my shrine images:

https://www.deviantart.com/sefiruthemouse/art/Shrine-box-928933075

I've been wanting to make something like this for a while now, but had to figure out what method would suit my (lack of) woodworking skills. I ended up with a mix of stain, paint, decoupage and veneer. The whole setup is still a work in progress, I may post a picture when it's how I want it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
« Reply #417 on: September 16, 2022, 01:50:29 am »
I finally crafted a new enclosure for my shrine images:

https://www.deviantart.com/sefiruthemouse/art/Shrine-box-928933075

I've been wanting to make something like this for a while now, but had to figure out what method would suit my (lack of) woodworking skills. I ended up with a mix of stain, paint, decoupage and veneer. The whole setup is still a work in progress, I may post a picture when it's how I want it.

Beautiful!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Qwyrdo

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Buddhist/exploring Gaelic Reconstructionism
« Reply #418 on: October 04, 2022, 05:56:24 pm »
I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

Here are the two altarpieces I came up with, since my room is too small for a dedicated space (and even if I did have a dedicated space, I like the idea of having plug-and-pray centerpieces for different works).

The grand pentacle is intended for general magic and/or elemental workings, whereas the more obviously Celtic-inspired one is intended for working with the Gods, Spirits, and Ancestors.

I haven't officially dedicated these yet but will probably do some ritual work to that end at the full Moon on the 9th. (I also have a wand to dedicate that night... gonna be busy!)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2022, 11:15:56 pm »
Here are the two altarpieces I came up with, since my room is too small for a dedicated space (and even if I did have a dedicated space, I like the idea of having plug-and-pray centerpieces for different works).

The grand pentacle is intended for general magic and/or elemental workings, whereas the more obviously Celtic-inspired one is intended for working with the Gods, Spirits, and Ancestors.

I haven't officially dedicated these yet but will probably do some ritual work to that end at the full Moon on the 9th. (I also have a wand to dedicate that night... gonna be busy!)

Beautiful, in both concept and execution!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: