Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: A sign?  (Read 2252 times)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
A sign?
« on: August 27, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »
I am a little new to Paganism, Ive been studying for 8 months now and pratice some things once in awhile but not majorly. Anywho, I have a question about if a deity called to me. I think that a cat deity (maybe bast the Goddess) and a Bear deity (if there is one ) has called me. Ever since I was little I was fasinated with bears, I read books on bears, I had stuff bears, I even feared real life bears. Every where I turned it was a bear. Now I dont know if I see bears as much because I havent been aware of things. Also a simular thing happens with cats. I love egptian content, I read little on the Goddess Bast and I felt a knot in my stomach. I felt like this is it. When I was little all of my  friends would have cats, and they would bite me. I dont know if this is a way of being nice or trying to get my attention , no clue. The other day I bought a cat statue not even thinking why but something told me. Also the same thing with a bear, its like it told me to. I dont know if these are the Goddess and God/ Higher power trying to get my attention to connect with them? if so, I have no clue where to start. Thanks blessed be.

Livia Indica

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: A sign?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:11:21 am »
Quote from: addy;15983
I am a little new to Paganism, Ive been studying for 8 months now and pratice some things once in awhile but not majorly. Anywho, I have a question about if a deity called to me. I think that a cat deity (maybe bast the Goddess) and a Bear deity (if there is one ) has called me. Ever since I was little I was fasinated with bears, I read books on bears, I had stuff bears, I even feared real life bears. Every where I turned it was a bear. Now I dont know if I see bears as much because I havent been aware of things. Also a simular thing happens with cats. I love egptian content, I read little on the Goddess Bast and I felt a knot in my stomach. I felt like this is it. When I was little all of my  friends would have cats, and they would bite me. I dont know if this is a way of being nice or trying to get my attention , no clue. The other day I bought a cat statue not even thinking why but something told me. Also the same thing with a bear, its like it told me to. I dont know if these are the Goddess and God/ Higher power trying to get my attention to connect with them? if so, I have no clue where to start. Thanks blessed be.

Yes you do. I'd say you need to study these deities in fine detail first and then meditate on what you learn.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:13:02 am by Livia Indica »

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36:03 am »
Quote from: Livia Indica;16139
Yes you do. I'd say you need to study these deities in fine detail first and then meditate on what you learn.

Okies :) Thank you!

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:35:50 pm »
I love egptian content, I read little on the Goddess Bast and I felt a knot in my stomach. I felt like this is it.

There are plenty of Kemetics (not sure if this is the right title) here that I'm sure you can learn a lot from.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:13:09 am »

For the bear, I would look  into totemism too. I always felt a similiar pull to the one you describe toward bears, and i have a kind-of cat-like personality - and since i was drawn to shamanism, i considered them to be my animal totem.
Also, I think I remember that Artemis and/or Diana were associated with bears.

For Bast, I woalready are on a good gut feeling, so go with it.

You might also find this article useful:

http://www.squidoo.com/find-a-patron-god-or-goddess

it kinda fleshes out various phases of the patron-pagan relationship.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 10:29:14 am »
Quote from: hufflee;16157
There are plenty of Kemetics (not sure if this is the right title) here that I'm sure you can learn a lot from.

From Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses, and Traditions of Ancient Egypt by Geraldine Pinch:

Bastet was a feline goddess who mothered the king and destroyed his enemies...

As 'the Eye of Ra who protects her father Ra", she was a manifestation of the solar eye...

Bastet herself was generally shown as a lion-headed woman until the end of the second millennium BCE, when her cat and cat-headed forms became prominent.  From the Pyramid Texts onward, Bastet has a double aspect of nurturing mother and terrifying avenger...

(For reference purposes, the Eye of Ra is both Ra's daughter and protector, and the Eye is associated with fire and water - fire to destroy the enemies of order and water to bring new life.)

I'd suggest reading more about Bastet, always keeping in mind that She is of a dual nature.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 11:16:53 am »

Thank you guys :)

Tags: