collapse

Author Topic: You, as a Force of Nature  (Read 384 times)

Altair

• Adept Member
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
You, as a Force of Nature
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:32:07 am »
I've pondered for a while now how, in my little apartment's world, I am the tide: Just as the cyclical rising and lifting of the seas replenishes the shoreline with fresh nutrients, my cyclical comings and goings carry out waste and bring in fresh supplies. I was struck by what an important factor gravity is in both cases, the gravitational pull of the moon being the source of tides the world over, and gravity being essential in my own role as "tide" (namely that the big issue is I have to climb 4 flights of stairs to get anything up, but get an assist from gravity bringing anything down those same stairs).

Is there any aspect of or role in your life that you could liken to a force of nature? Are you always the source of the creative energy for projects at work--the "sun" of your office? Are you an activist who won't stop raising their voice until the opposition is blown away, as if by the wind? Think creatively!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 11:36:03 am by Altair »
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Klaw

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Norse Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Re: You, as a Force of Nature
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:50:07 pm »
Is there any aspect of or role in your life that you could liken to a force of nature? Are you always the source of the creative energy for projects at work--the "sun" of your office? Are you an activist who won't stop raising their voice until the opposition is blown away, as if by the wind? Think creatively!

That is an interesting analogy. This could also be expanded to the seasons and how our behavior changes. Your comparison to the moon; do you feel your approach changes with the phases of the moon?

I tend to have flowing creative ideas like a river. There can be all kinds of natural and elemental energies all around us. It makes me think of the 9 floating stars system in Feng Shui.

TheGreenWizard

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 10:53:27 pm »
I've pondered for a while now how, in my little apartment's world, I am the tide: Just as the cyclical rising and lifting of the seas replenishes the shoreline with fresh nutrients, my cyclical comings and goings carry out waste and bring in fresh supplies. I was struck by what an important factor gravity is in both cases, the gravitational pull of the moon being the source of tides the world over, and gravity being essential in my own role as "tide" (namely that the big issue is I have to climb 4 flights of stairs to get anything up, but get an assist from gravity bringing anything down those same stairs).

This past week, I was a force of nature - I had my students work on an ambitious project that was ambiguously tied to our science standards, but improved our school's courtyard; I prepped my classroom Friday for multiple project showcases so that the students's work could be displayed; and I had to deal with a lot of students at different times (notably an eighth grade class that had no empathy for other creatures, such as earthworms, and was destroying them). In a lot of ways, I am a thunderstorm, similar to the one NYC experienced this past Sunday.

I'm usually of a sunny disposition, however, when too many factors are pressing down on me, I become the Storm, and have the excess energy to get what needs to get done, well, done, regardless of what people think. And coincidentally enough... when I walk through a storm (like I did this past Sunday), I feel most connected with Nature and her forces. I felt the lightning burn away the impurities in me, the thunder shake my body to its bones, and the wind and rain cleanse away the powdered remains of those impurities. Yet, at the same time, I felt so grounded, so completely one with the energy of the storm that, for the first time in quite a long time, I felt as light as air, that I was simply floating through it all (despite being sick), and that I felt that I had the energy I needed.

(Side note: after walking through that storm, and being thoroughly soaked to the core, I slept like a rock, and woke up feeling so much better than I did 24 hours before. I really ought to see what Powers are related to the Storms, or if it's simply a Thing I have.)
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

sevensons

• Journeyman
  • | cure |
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 07:27:16 am »

I'm with the flowing waterfalls the cleansing of impurities essential exfoliating sensations a combination of juices dripping away.

Tags: