"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: What's around your neck?  (Read 42437 times)

stellaluna

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry (learning)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: What's around your neck?
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2018, 10:35:54 pm »
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, but this was the best fit.

Many people wear a necklace or other piece of jewellery as a symbol of their faith/beliefs. If you have symbolic religious necklace or whatever jewellery that you wear every day or nearly every day - what is it, and how does it symbolise your religion to you?

I wear a labrys, which is a double bladed axe. It is used as a symbol of Paganism in Greece, as well as by heavy metal fans (so really it's a lot like a pentacle in Britain/America). Upright (blades towards the top) it was used as a symbol of order by the Romans, and my labrys is the other way up, symbolising my connection with Chaos Magick. Its shape vaguely reminds me of a cross, so it's a tiny nod to my Christian origins. It is also similar to a Thor's Hammer, which is a connection I like as well. Lastly, it's a symbol of my sexuality.

Over to you!

I wear my shield stone, an amethyst pendant, and my wooden disc with Yggdrasil on it every day. My shield stone is very important, it helps me deal with being empathic. I love, love, love amethyst, I always have at least one piece on me at all times...usually multiple. My Yggdrasil disc came from Ireland and I wear it to honor my connection with the tree.

Uneryx

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's eclectic (woogie woogie woogie)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2018, 01:05:30 am »
I wear my shield stone, an amethyst pendant, and my wooden disc with Yggdrasil on it every day. My shield stone is very important, it helps me deal with being empathic. I love, love, love amethyst, I always have at least one piece on me at all times...usually multiple. My Yggdrasil disc came from Ireland and I wear it to honor my connection with the tree.

Depending on my mood/goals for the day, I chose from one of five crystal pendants and wear them on a silver chain every day. Moonstone is my usual go-to, but I also have larimar for days I need to communicate well, amazonite for days I need a creativity boost, labradorite when I think I'll need some extra intuition, and smoky quartz for grounding/calming. I usually wear a labradorite ring too, although that isn't an every-day thing.

And if I really really need it, I have a black tourmaline bracelet that is for protection from anxiety and judgement.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2018, 02:29:52 am »
Just curious:  Is your shield stone the amethyst? Or are those different pieces?

If different, can you elaborate on what you mean by "shield stone"?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

JupiterSkies

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • E.M. Sabolcik
  • Religion: Eclectic witch
« Reply #273 on: February 13, 2018, 09:04:11 pm »
Over to you!

Ah, jewelry.  I wear so much devotional jewelry. 

Pendants are most likely to change, but at present, I have a citrine point wrapped in silver, dedicated to Apollo and Artemis, that has been getting a lot of mileage lately.  Other frequently worn pendants: a red jasper donut dedicated to Hades and Persephone; a copper snake dedicated to Apollo; and my sister's sterling silver and moonstone pentacle (I have wanted to claim a pentacle of my own choosing and I absolutely cannot replace this one; it won't let me)

I have a bracelet of copper, brass, and what I think is silver plated brass, dedicated to a deity I work with whom I simply call, Creator. It is worn every day, even while sleeping.

Rings: a hematite band dedicated to dragon energy; a titanium band for my energy work with Creator; a labradorite ring I wear for soul/personal work; and a small turquoise and red agate ring tied to my working relationships with Creator, and another deity whom I call Poet. 

The turquoise and agate ring is ALWAYS worn.  I would say in the seven years I've worn it, it's probably been off that finger for a total of two or three days, perhaps. 

The other rings change occasionally, but this has been the working set for the past few months.

As full disclosure, I also have a set of ear cuffs, that I feel real incomplete without, considering I don't have pierced ears. 

Jewelry is my way of showing my relationships as permanently as something impermanent can be, if that makes sense?  If I could get over my fear of needles and fear of committing to something permanently, we could talk tattoos and piercings devotionally.  But most jewelry, to me, is a discreet way to express my relationships openly and mindfully.
Eclectic witch - crystal, deity, animal focused work.
I write, mostly poetry.

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:47 pm »
Ah, jewelry.  I wear so much devotional jewelry. 

Pendants are most likely to change, but at present, I have a citrine point wrapped in silver, dedicated to Apollo and Artemis, that has been getting a lot of mileage lately.  Other frequently worn pendants: a red jasper donut dedicated to Hades and Persephone; a copper snake dedicated to Apollo; and my sister's sterling silver and moonstone pentacle (I have wanted to claim a pentacle of my own choosing and I absolutely cannot replace this one; it won't let me)

I have a bracelet of copper, brass, and what I think is silver plated brass, dedicated to a deity I work with whom I simply call, Creator. It is worn every day, even while sleeping.

Rings: a hematite band dedicated to dragon energy; a titanium band for my energy work with Creator; a labradorite ring I wear for soul/personal work; and a small turquoise and red agate ring tied to my working relationships with Creator, and another deity whom I call Poet. 

The turquoise and agate ring is ALWAYS worn.  I would say in the seven years I've worn it, it's probably been off that finger for a total of two or three days, perhaps. 

The other rings change occasionally, but this has been the working set for the past few months.

As full disclosure, I also have a set of ear cuffs, that I feel real incomplete without, considering I don't have pierced ears. 

Jewelry is my way of showing my relationships as permanently as something impermanent can be, if that makes sense?  If I could get over my fear of needles and fear of committing to something permanently, we could talk tattoos and piercings devotionally.  But most jewelry, to me, is a discreet way to express my relationships openly and mindfully.
All of my daily jewelry is from FianceƩ, engagement ring on left hand, original promise ring christmas present on right. Opal earrings as another Christmas present I rarely take out.

But it's my necklace that even though he (or one from his mother) gifted me that mean the most. I have a J charm (his initial), a gecko holding a pearl in its mouth, which is a stone(ish) associated with Quan Yin, and  a larimar pendant, associated with the sea (also Quan Yin). Neither of the latter pendants was planned on being connected to Quan Yin, but I do love how it worked out that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Tags: