Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Spirit/Entity Keeping. Is anyone else a keeper?  (Read 10874 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit/Entity Keeping. Is anyone else a keeper?
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 11:12:21 am »
Quote from: Marukai;94855
...How would a simple human enslave a powerful Jinn or Faery?

I think they wouldn't bother.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 11:57:46 am »
It seems that I am unable to find anyone that had knowledge about entities or spirit keeping. Most people automatically assume it is enslaving of supernatural beings. This is now enslavement. The question that I now have to those that think it is enslavement.. How would a simple human enslave a powerful Jinn or Faery?

Your grammar's getting worse.  The above makes even less sense than usual.

Brina

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 01:43:13 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;95082

Brina

Did it ever make sense? :confused:
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:29 pm »
Quote from: Shine;95096
Did it ever make sense?

Grammatically?  Occasionally.

Brina

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 04:42:06 pm »
It seems that I am unable to find anyone that had knowledge about entities or spirit keeping. Most people automatically assume it is enslaving of supernatural beings. This is now enslavement. The question that I now have to those that think it is enslavement.. How would a simple human enslave a powerful Jinn or Faery?

Also late to the party and had to read the whole thing. Because enslavement is the last thing I think of when I think of "keepers." What you are mentioning is to me summoning and entrapment.

I relate "keeper" to "guardian." That is my role. I am a spirit guardian, sometimes spirit keeper (along the lines of "Keeper of the Stars"). I do no enslaving, summoning, entrapment or other actions with ill intentions to the spirits..I set them free and to some, I'm a source of protection. And that is all I'll say on that subject.

I felt like adding my $.02 because your use of the word "keeper" completely shocked me. I also see spirits and entities as two different things.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:44:09 pm by DancesWithHorses »
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 04:48:44 pm »
Quote from: DancesWithHorses;95113
I also see spirits and entities as two different things.

Okay, I suspect you might actually have a chance of explaining this idea.

If entity in this case does not mean "a thing with a distinct, independent existence" and spirit does not mean "a noncorporeal being and/or a soul", what do they mean, and how did such definitions arise?
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 05:28:00 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;95114
Okay, I suspect you might actually have a chance of explaining this idea.

If entity in this case does not mean "a thing with a distinct, independent existence" and spirit does not mean "a noncorporeal being and/or a soul", what do they mean, and how did such definitions arise?

Okay, again, just my personal thoughts... but here it goes.

An entity is to me a being with its own intentions. So I'd amend that to "a being with a distinct, independent existence." An entity is nothing to be messed with, as they have their own mind and are "stand alone."

Spirits are also beings but they are "attached" to something else (phyiscal, so a body, a tree, whatever). Hence the reference to souls. They are that "otherworldly-ness" attached to something. In the case of animals and humans, the spirit becomes a soul. Kind of more messy than entities because they can't live independent of each other. Whatever the spirit is attached to can't live without the spirit and the spirit can turn into an entity if left adrift without something to attach itself to. For example, a ghost. A ghost is a spirit that became an entity because it now exists separate of what it once once physically attached to and has its own intentions.

Entities can be attached to something but since they have either own intentions, the attachment isn't permanent and while whatever the spirit is attached to will accept the spirit and consider it part of itself, the entity is a foreign attachment and noticed.

I probably just confused everyone and myself, oops!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:28:58 pm by DancesWithHorses »
[/B]

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2013, 09:11:57 pm »
Quote from: DancesWithHorses;95113
Also late to the party and had to read the whole thing. Because enslavement is the last thing I think of when I think of "keepers." What you are mentioning is to me summoning and entrapment.

I relate "keeper" to "guardian." That is my role. I am a spirit guardian, sometimes spirit keeper (along the lines of "Keeper of the Stars"). I do no enslaving, summoning, entrapment or other actions with ill intentions to the spirits..I set them free and to some, I'm a source of protection. And that is all I'll say on that subject.

I felt like adding my $.02 because your use of the word "keeper" completely shocked me. I also see spirits and entities as two different things.

For you, what is the difference?  For me a spirit would be someone that has crossed over while an entity may be someone who may or may not know that they are dead but has not crossed over.+
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »
Quote from: millergrls;95132
For you, what is the difference?  For me a spirit would be someone that has crossed over while an entity may be someone who may or may not know that they are dead but has not crossed over.+

Sorry didn't read all ofthe post before I posted this.:ashamed:
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »
Quote from: millergrls;95133
Sorry didn't read all ofthe post before I posted this.:ashamed:

Totally okay. Did my post make sense? I like working with spirits, not so much entities. Or maybe I just haven't met any entities I actually wanted to meet. Spirits, nearly daily. They don't seem to think I should get a vacation ;).
[/B]

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:39 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;95082

Brina

Very ladylike! ;)
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Lorien35

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »

Ok, I'm really sorry, but this has been covered with the slave trade, (and the house elves in Harry Potter) if something wants to be a slave (which is unlikely -except for the house elves in harry Potter) -still a slave. And I'm all with the bygones be bygones but as a descendant of slaves, I have to work really hard not to take offence here.
Also, you seem to know little of the fae (speaking about the courts, here, so I don't overlap on a bunch of things and it is less of an umbrella term), who are some of the few entities i know of who are so linked to the magical word that knowing their names virtually binds them to you as the knowledge of it allows you to cause them harm.

Tags: