Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Searching for spirituality  (Read 1633 times)

jinx

• View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
Searching for spirituality
« on: June 26, 2020, 04:26:02 am »
The place in my life I am in now has got me needing spirituality(on top of my occult) - which is not spiritual...  Ive always used Nature, the sun, the moon as a higher power but it no longer seems enough.  I need something more.  Nature keeps us alive so it is obviously a power greater than ourselves but I need to get educated on Nature spirits or supernatural beings so their is some intelligence involved.
This has a big part to do with me going to AA Now. I need a higher power.
If you know of nature spirituality with or without "spirit types" let me know about it please.
Also any similar spirituality is welcome.
thanks
Broken bottles, an inverted cross and a swastika

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Searching for spirituality
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 10:35:48 am »

Perhaps you need to ask yourself what you need and desire in a Higher Power or Powers, and then direct your efforts accordingly.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 02:05:00 am »
If you know of nature spirituality with or without "spirit types" let me know about it please.

Can you clarify, please?

You're looking for a higher power within the context of a religion that includes nature worship?  Or a spirituality in which nature IS a higher power?

In the meantime, you might check out druidry, of which there are numerous iterations. Here are two:

https://druidry.org/

https://www.adf.org/

"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 06:35:04 pm »

The place in my life I am in now has got me needing spirituality(on top of my occult) - which is not spiritual...  Ive always used Nature, the sun, the moon as a higher power but it no longer seems enough.  I need something more.  Nature keeps us alive so it is obviously a power greater than ourselves but I need to get educated on Nature spirits or supernatural beings so their is some intelligence involved.
thanks

This needs some clarification. What is your occult practice like? Are you more inclined towards druidry, or Wicca? Maybe you're more nature-oriented, but more scientific in your thinking framework. Whatever you're a cult practices like, your spirituality should in some way either reflect that or compliment it in my opinion.

That being said, something that has helped myself and others to get to know the spirits of the land or of nature, is to do meditation. Long while ago, I meditated in the forest, at the beach, and other places. These meditations usually helped me get to know the spirits, however, it wasn't purely on the first try. If you want to build a relationship with the supernatural or with spirits of a place, you need to treat it like any other relationship: You need to introduce yourself, present an offering or a gift, and continuously do that.

I'll see if I can dig up any book titles if that will help you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Aveya

• View Profile
  • Religion: Witch, pantheistic, nature-based, seeking
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 01:08:02 am »
That being said, something that has helped myself and others to get to know the spirits of the land or of nature, is to do meditation. Long while ago, I meditated in the forest, at the beach, and other places. These meditations usually helped me get to know the spirits, however, it wasn't purely on the first try. If you want to build a relationship with the supernatural or with spirits of a place, you need to treat it like any other relationship: You need to introduce yourself, present an offering or a gift, and continuously do that.

I'll see if I can dig up any book titles if that will help you.

This was actually very helpful for me. I think I'm in a similar boat to jinx. I feel & seek "something" but am struggling with finding what it is, if that makes sense. If you do happen to know of book titles that might help me delve deeper into your suggestion I would be very receptive!

What kind of meditation have you done at these places? I've been to spots that move me beyond description, and thinking back now wish I knew how to commune or meditate with that place. Perhaps I would have uncovered something deeper for me.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 06:19:42 pm »
I feel & seek "something" but am struggling with finding what it is, if that makes sense.

It makes total sense, I think many of us can sympathise with that feeling.  It is a process, and luckily for myself I'm in no huge hurry, but enjoying the journey immensely.  Welcome to the forum, by the way!  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Tags: