Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Riding a scarab into a tomb  (Read 1541 times)

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Riding a scarab into a tomb
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:31:42 pm »
I had the weirdest meditation ever...

I was walking through the desert. There was sand everywhere, like... orange sand? I think it was orange. Dunes of sand.

Then a giant scarab appeared before me. I climbed on it and it started walking, me riding the scarab (though it went wherever it wanted to, I had no control over it). I could see some pyramids in the horizon.

Suddenly a sand storm started. I didn't like the feeling of the sand hitting me, so I got off the scarab and went to some stairs that led underground (not into a pyramid, we hadn't gone that far). It was dark and dusty inside, but I could see egyptian-like paintings on the walls.

I arrived to a chamber where the was an open coffin, and I got inside, with my arms crossed over my chest. Then, someone closed the coffin. I went into panic, I didn't like that feeling at all. It was claustrophobic.

I got out of the meditation and into reality repeating "I don't want to, I don't want to". I spent a few minutes recovering from that feeling. I was shaking. I got really scared. I still tremble when I remember the sensation of being locked inside the coffin.

Any ideas what could this mean? I don't know why, but I'm worried (and still scared). Thanks in advance.
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Riding a scarab into a tomb
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:13:49 pm »
Quote from: IceAngie;69304
I had the weirdest meditation ever...

I was walking through the desert. There was sand everywhere, like... orange sand? I think it was orange. Dunes of sand.

That sounds like Veggiewolf's avatar. Any chance she's someone you particularly admire and feel influenced by?
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:08:54 am »
Quote from: Juniperberry;69307
That sounds like Veggiewolf's avatar. Any chance she's someone you particularly admire and feel influenced by?

I admire a lot of people on TC (veggiewolf included), but "my" desert was more like the one I had seen on a tv series called "El clon" some years ago. It was set on Marruecos (Morocco?). Let me search for a picture... *googles* here.

I think it makes sense that my mind used a desert I was familiar with.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 03:44:54 pm »
Any ideas what could this mean? I don't know why, but I'm worried (and still scared). Thanks in advance.

Well, according to my husband, the scarab represents the rising sun and the tomb the setting sun. He told me I shouldn't be scared and I should have stayed in the tomb for the scarab to return. :confused: He doesn't have a clue of why I may have seen this, though.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38:49 pm »

I'll give it a shot. You rode a symbol, religious and perhaps of rebirth, through a desert in an oncoming sandstorm. Those can be deadly in the desert. But you sought shelter in another kind of tomb. That indicates precision to me as the haboob could have been your tomb, but you went to another. A religious one. I think that may be important because it seems more than about death.

You got inside the coffin, but weren't ready for what happens in there.

Two things come to mind about that. The first is that it may be a caution to look more closely before you take action spiritually and/or take very seriously whatever actions you make. The second is totally different and the scarab is the reason it came to mind for me. Maybe this is an indication that you may have to let go of some fears in order to experience a rebirth, or to progress in some way spiritually.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:21 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;69446
I'll give it a shot. You rode a symbol, religious and perhaps of rebirth, through a desert in an oncoming sandstorm. Those can be deadly in the desert. But you sought shelter in another kind of tomb. That indicates precision to me as the haboob could have been your tomb, but you went to another. A religious one. I think that may be important because it seems more than about death.

Oh! Interesting!

You got inside the coffin, but weren't ready for what happens in there.

I agree. I definitely wasn't ready. I didn't know what would happen, but I didn't want to know either.

Two things come to mind about that. The first is that it may be a caution to look more closely before you take action spiritually and/or take very seriously whatever actions you make. The second is totally different and the scarab is the reason it came to mind for me. Maybe this is an indication that you may have to let go of some fears in order to experience a rebirth, or to progress in some way spiritually.

I'll think about your ideas. I think it may be closer to your second thought. Thanks!

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:26 am »

My first idea is that there's something in the underworld for you to discover/recover and the scarab was trying to guide you there. Could be an ancestral connection, a lost soul part, a forgotten treasure or even a deity wanting to say 'hi', but I'm just guessing.

I've had a couple of journeys where I was guided to the underworld or felt drawn to it and there was always something waiting for me which needed to be discovered/recovered. In one instance I had help from another witch who recovered for me what I had trouble to do for myself. So I feel I should warn you against rushing into it if you have strong feelings that the journey isn't safe for you and the panic you felt could be an indication. There can be a strong pull from the underworld and it's important you can stand your ground and controll it before you go in too deeply.

Could also be that you can do it yourself and just need to overcome your initial fear, you'd have to judge that for yourself. For me the indication is that if I see fog and feel befuddled I don't go in without help or special safeties.

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 12:40:47 pm »

I have had visions in an orange desert before. I think images can be tweaked to suit needs. Set often shows me sandstorms, when shit is about to hit the fan. Scarabs are about rebirth and the rising sun. Perhaps you should look into Kephri. Perhaps you are on the verge of a rebirth, but you're going to have to go through some crap (the sand storm) and perhaps some scary stuff to come out the other side (the tomb). There are theories that some rebirth mysteries occurred in AE as well- so it's possible that the coffin symbolizes another form of rebirth. There is also the idea that the coffin = Nut, and in order to restore Osiris, he went into the imiut, or Nut, depending on the myth- and through that, he was returned to a whole state.

So any of those themes could be occurring here.

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 08:01:13 pm »
Quote from: Waldhexe;69502
So I feel I should warn you against rushing into it if you have strong feelings that the journey isn't safe for you and the panic you felt could be an indication. There can be a strong pull from the underworld and it's important you can stand your ground and controll it before you go in too deeply.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Waldhexe. I tried to meditate again, but I couldn't go back to that place (without forcing it, which I don't want to do). I'll keep on meditating and if I ever go back to that place, at least I know that someone will cover me with darkness.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 08:05:06 pm »
Quote from: Devo;69511
I have had visions in an orange desert before. I think images can be tweaked to suit needs. Set often shows me sandstorms, when shit is about to hit the fan. Scarabs are about rebirth and the rising sun. Perhaps you should look into Kephri. Perhaps you are on the verge of a rebirth, but you're going to have to go through some crap (the sand storm) and perhaps some scary stuff to come out the other side (the tomb). There are theories that some rebirth mysteries occurred in AE as well- so it's possible that the coffin symbolizes another form of rebirth. There is also the idea that the coffin = Nut, and in order to restore Osiris, he went into the imiut, or Nut, depending on the myth- and through that, he was returned to a whole state.

So any of those themes could be occurring here.

-Devo

I've been reading about Kephri, but I didn't get any feelings. I have to read about Osiris and Nut yet. I like your idea of having to go through something that I won't like to be able to be "reborn". Thanks for your comments!

Tags: