collapse
2017 Donation Drive -- Please Help Keep TC Online

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise just over $850 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 24 November: Only $75 more (after Paypal fees) needed to reach our goal! Please donate if you can.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: It all starts with our ancestors  (Read 3955 times)

Cinder

Re: It all starts with our ancestors
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 11:49:16 am »
Quote from: unveiledartist;187058
In general, thats really how I feel. I started working with my ancestors more personally when my grandmother passed away two years ago. Id do something simple morning and evening. I pray and light a candle for her and a family. I try to keep in touch with living family and will do a DNA to know more about me. Im learnint my geneology at the same time.  

I dont really have a religious foundation like pantheons. Do you guys have pantheons that give you a foundation to work with your ancestors (if that is your interest)? If so, how do you learn about how they practiced and what they practices?

I read up in an academic book about the history of sigils. Another book: Myth, Magic, and Mythology Encyclopedia about the different magic practices people have world over.

Does everything start with the ancestors with you? I know. Lots of questions. Sorry.

When I started my path to paganism, I didn't start with my ancestors. I was (and still am, to a large extent) more interested in working with gods. However, I was drawn to Kemeticism, which for some (particularly those in the Kemetic Orthodoxy- which I'm taking the beginner's class for) involves honoring the akhu.

As far as I understand (I have a lot more reading to do): the akhu are still present and interested in your life, though it's also a "you get what you give" situation in that the more you pay attention to and acknowledge them, the more they'll give you assistance and advice.

There's akhu of the blood, akhu gained via marriage and adoption, and akhu related to your nationality/ethnicity.

Tags: