collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Insight Please - Reoccuring Childhood Dreams  (Read 2502 times)

MistyMountainy

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Insight Please - Reoccuring Childhood Dreams
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:58:30 am »
Hello all,
I am new to paganism, but it is calling to me and I am starting to feel very connected to it's practices. Currently, I am exploring my feelings and connections to whether I feel a greater connection to a rather broad view of the father god and mother goddess, or whether I feel more connection and association with attributing the individual gods/goddesses for all the blessing I have, and discovering which ones I have the greatest affinity for.

At any rate, I have a rather vivid memory of dreams I had over and over again from when I was a small child between the years of 3-4 of age, that I was seeing if you all might have any insight about since they were really meaningful to me and have stuck with me for so long. When I was around 3-4 years old I had a reoccuring dream that I would be sleeping in my bed and then bells would start to ring and my window would fly open and a flock of crows would come in and start pecking my body. I had this dream over and over and over again.

It bothered me so much that my father who I was very close to who died a few years later built me a scarecrow right in the middle of our backyard. I went to bed that night with a flashlight and the crows came once more, only this time in my dream I was ready and when they flew in I hit the first one with my flashlight where it was flung into the wall and then transformed into a old man wizard with white flowing hair and then at that point the walls of the bedroom I was in started to melt and roll up like scrolls.

I also have a distinct memory of being laid down to sleep in my crib at a younger age and having the window fly open and having the wind suck me out and carry me away, except I wasn't scared it was the most beautiful, high,tingling feeling. Anyways. These were real dreams from my young childhood that have REALLY stuck with me and I have always tried to find some meaning from them.

Now, I love crows I feel very connected with them and feel watched over when I see them. If anyone has spiritual insight into these dreams the wind, the crows, the wizard, or association with it to the gods I would be very grateful in hearing. Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:52:29 pm by Morag »

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
Re: Insight Please - Reoccuring Childhood Dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 11:22:02 am »
Quote from: MistyMountainy;192137
Hello all,
I am new to paganism, but it is calling to me and I am starting to feel very connected to it's practices. Currently, I am exploring my feelings and connections to whether I feel a greater connection to a rather broad view of the father god and mother goddess, or whether I feel more connection and association with attributing the individual gods/goddesses for all the blessing I have, and discovering which ones I have the greatest affinity for. At any rate, I have a rather vivid memory of dreams I had over and over again from when I was a small child between the years of 3-4 of age, that I was seeing if you all might have any insight about since they were really meaningful to me and have stuck with me for so long. When I was around 3-4 years old I had a reoccuring dream that I would be sleeping in my bed and then bells would start to ring and my window would fly open and a flock of crows would come in and start pecking my body. I had this dream over and over and over again. It bothered me so much that my father who I was very close to who died a few years later built me a scarecrow right in the middle of our backyard. I went to bed that night with a flashlight and the crows came once more, only this time in my dream I was ready and when they flew in I hit the first one with my flashlight where it was flung into the wall and then transformed into a old man wizard with white flowing hair and then at that point the walls of the bedroom I was in started to melt and roll up like scrolls. I also have a distinct memory of being laid down to sleep in my crib at a younger age and having the window fly open and having the wind suck me out and carry me away, except I wasn't scared it was the most beautiful, high,tingling feeling. Anyways. These were real dreams from my young childhood that have REALLY stuck with me and I have always tried to find some meaning from them. Now, I love crows I feel very connected with them and feel watched over when I see them. If anyone has spiritual insight into these dreams the wind, the crows, the wizard, or association with it to the gods I would be very grateful in hearing. Thank you!

I do want to ask for clarification here, because it's an easy mistake to make for adults, let alone children; but were these actual "crows", or ravens. Ravens would be a larger bird.

I ask because there is some information available for the one but I'm unaware of anything for the other. Either way, welcome!
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:54 pm »

A Reminder:
Hi MistyMountainy,

We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid having a hard-to-read  wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white  space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those  breaks, but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're  interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete  change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be  broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary,  but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to  contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Morag
TC Forum Staff
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Naturebound

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »
I have a rather vivid memory of dreams I had over and over again from when I was a small child between the years of 3-4 of age, that I was seeing if you all might have any insight about since they were really meaningful to me and have stuck with me for so long. When I was around 3-4 years old I had a reoccuring dream that I would be sleeping in my bed and then bells would start to ring and my window would fly open and a flock of crows would come in and start pecking my body. I had this dream over and over and over again.

It bothered me so much that my father who I was very close to who died a few years later built me a scarecrow right in the middle of our backyard. I went to bed that night with a flashlight and the crows came once more, only this time in my dream I was ready and when they flew in I hit the first one with my flashlight where it was flung into the wall and then transformed into a old man wizard with white flowing hair and then at that point the walls of the bedroom I was in started to melt and roll up like scrolls.

I also have a distinct memory of being laid down to sleep in my crib at a younger age and having the window fly open and having the wind suck me out and carry me away, except I wasn't scared it was the most beautiful, high,tingling feeling. Anyways. These were real dreams from my young childhood that have REALLY stuck with me and I have always tried to find some meaning from them.

Now, I love crows I feel very connected with them and feel watched over when I see them. If anyone has spiritual insight into these dreams the wind, the crows, the wizard, or association with it to the gods I would be very grateful in hearing. Thank you!

I love dreams especially flying ones! Getting pecked by a flock of crows though yikes... my body in a dream got ripped apart by jackals... no fun but usually there's a grain of truth in the symbolism.

In Animal Speak The Spiritual and Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small,  Ted Andrews has some insight on crows and their meaning that might be useful to you;

"Crows have a great mythology about them. This can reflect not only past-life connections to those times and cultures but it also reflects some of the archetypal forces that it can connect with us. As with many animals, crows also have been known to predict tornadoes, rain, and other changes in weather by the way they fly.  Working with crows can help you to see how the winds are going to blow in your life and how to adjust your own life flights." (Andrews, 131)

Other thoughts, bells can be used to close a circle and disperse the energies, however they can also symbolize the start of the hour, or a ceremony like wedding bells... I'm drifting but generally speaking bells can represent some sort of transition.

As far as the crows pecking at you, this reminds me of a rite of passage of sorts.  In some practices it is facing your shadow self which includes facing some deep seeded fears or the darker aspects of yourself that helps you grow and know thyself etc...

The next dream you did not play the role of the victim but you fought back.  This in itself shows a rebirth of sorts. However, when you hit the crow it turned into a wise old man and the walls became scrolls. The hermit tarot card comes to mind.  Sometimes seeking truth, wisdom, and enlightenment breaks down those safe protective walls of ignorance.  However it can be uncharted territory and a little daunting at times.

Being carried away by the wind, was a beautiful image that resonates with acceptance of your path and the perfect love and trust needed for such a calling. So yay! And I love that feeling you expressed! Not sure which specific path you're leaning towards but the god Odin had two crow companions as his messengers.

Best Wishes  

-Andrews Ted, Animal Speak The Spiritual and Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small.  Woodbury, MN: Llewelyn Publications, 1952. 1993 (131)-

Tags: