collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Good and Bad Auras  (Read 4340 times)

Themagicalone

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 44
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Good and Bad Auras
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:21:34 pm »
Is there a way one can sense the good or bad in someone? I know people can sense auras and know if someone has a significant amount of energy but I wonder if people can give off positive or negative energy. Wondering if you can sense if someone has a good heart or that their heart is corrupted and or tainted just by sensing them.

Viv

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2013
  • Posts: 210
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:51:42 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129711
Is there a way one can sense the good or bad in someone? I know people can sense auras and know if someone has a significant amount of energy but I wonder if people can give off positive or negative energy. Wondering if you can sense if someone has a good heart or that their heart is corrupted and or tainted just by sensing them.

 
Yep, I can. I don't know how or why though. Its just something I was born with.
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

stephyjh

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1597
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:54:49 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129711
Is there a way one can sense the good or bad in someone? I know people can sense auras and know if someone has a significant amount of energy but I wonder if people can give off positive or negative energy. Wondering if you can sense if someone has a good heart or that their heart is corrupted and or tainted just by sensing them.

It's possible to get a feel for someone's current state, but the idea that a person is good or evil is a laughable oversimplification. Everyone is both and all points in between. People are living beings, not archetypes, and we are all more complex than that.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Themagicalone

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 44
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 01:09:17 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;129719
It's possible to get a feel for someone's current state, but the idea that a person is good or evil is a laughable oversimplification. Everyone is both and all points in between. People are living beings, not archetypes, and we are all more complex than that.

 
You exaggerate. I said if someone had a good heart or if their heart is tainted and has bad motives. Obviously we all have good and evil and most people have more good than evil in their souls. I asked if you could sense that a person has more evil than good and vice versa.

dionysiandame

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 600
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 02:01:41 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129720
You exaggerate. I said if someone had a good heart or if their heart is tainted and has bad motives. Obviously we all have good and evil and most people have more good than evil in their souls. I asked if you could sense that a person has more evil than good and vice versa.

 
Once again, this is too simplistic. I mean what the heck is a "tainted heart?" Wasn't that a song from the 80's? And tainted with what exactly?

I think human beings can sense when someone is up to no good but I tend to believe that's only the case if the personal is fundamentally neutral and is really obvious about their scheming. I mean, my best friend could be a great person and still be sleeping with my husband behind my back. Would that make her "tainted?" Maybe not. Would that mean her taste is just as questionable as my own? Probably so.

Then you'd have to take into account what constitutes "evil" from an objective stand point which is kind of difficult. Murder might be evil unless you come from a country/culture that believes in blood-debts and then murder is good-for-the-right-reason. That's why coming up with a "yes" or "no" could be a bit more complex than you're thinking it is.
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

Themagicalone

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 44
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »
Quote from: dionysiandame;129725
Once again, this is too simplistic. I mean what the heck is a "tainted heart?" Wasn't that a song from the 80's? And tainted with what exactly?

I think human beings can sense when someone is up to no good but I tend to believe that's only the case if the personal is fundamentally neutral and is really obvious about their scheming. I mean, my best friend could be a great person and still be sleeping with my husband behind my back. Would that make her "tainted?" Maybe not. Would that mean her taste is just as questionable as my own? Probably so.

Then you'd have to take into account what constitutes "evil" from an objective stand point which is kind of difficult. Murder might be evil unless you come from a country/culture that believes in blood-debts and then murder is good-for-the-right-reason. That's why coming up with a "yes" or "no" could be a bit more complex than you're thinking it is.

 
I always assumed good and evil gave out energy when it's expressed. You're thinking of "Tainted Love" btw. The way I see tainted is that I think it's someone who is unethical and immoral, but not really evil. You can do bad things without being bad though. Someone who sleeps around alot and is an adulterer or lies or occasionally steals and cons others out of money. Someone who lets anger control them, someone who's lustful, manipulative. Kind of like Bender from Futurama. We can get into arguments over what exactly is evil where I say "What you're doing is evil" and "Well from my point of view, YOU are evil" and so forth. I think we have a basic idea of what right and wrong don't we? Never steal, rape and murder for any reason. Rape is never justified, and stealing would only be good if you were like Robin Hood where you are stealing riches from the rich who STOLE it from the poor. Killing and murder are 2 different things. Murder is the killing of an innocent while killing in self defense is never wrong. Things that are also wrong is oppresiing others because of their culture, race and religion. One should tolerate all religion unless of course it's a religion who con others or it's an evil religion that encourages you to do barbaric things.

I have wondered if it was possible to sense the good and evil in people and see which outweighs the other. It could always be handy particuraly when someone is acting nice to you, but really they want to do bad things to you. Isn't it possible to sense the good and evil aura inside someone? Where if you concentrate you might feel a warm glowing aura for someone who has done good things as opposed to feeling a cold distant dim aura for someone who has done bad things.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:23:47 pm by Themagicalone »

stephyjh

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1597
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 02:32:56 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129728
I always assumed good and evil gave out energy when it's expressed. You're thinking of "Tainted Love" btw. The way I see tainted is that I think it's someone who is unethical and immoral, but not really evil. You can do bad things without being bad though. Someone who sleeps around alot and is an adulterer or lies or occasionally steals and cons others out of money. Someone who lets anger control them, someone who's lustful, manipulative. Kind of like Bender from Futurama. We can get into arguments over what exactly is evil where I say "What you're doing is evil" and "Well from my point of view, YOU are evil" and so forth. I think we have a basic idea of what right and wrong don't we? Never steal, rape and murder for any reason. Rape is never justified, and stealing would only be good if you were like Robin Hood where you are stealing riches from the rich who STOLE it from the poor. Killing and murder are 2 different things. Murder is the killing of an innocent while killing in self defense is never wrong. Things that are also wrong is oppresiing others because of their culture, race and religion. One should tolerate all religion unless of course it's a religion who con others or it's an evil religion that encourages you to do barbaric things.

I have wondered if it was possible to sense the good and evil in people and see which outweighs the other. It could always be handy particuraly when someone is acting nice to you, but really they want to do bad things to you. Isn't it possible to sense the good and evil aura inside someone? Where if you concentrate you might feel a warm glowing aura for someone who has done good things as opposed to feeling a cold distant dim aura for someone who has done bad things.

MORALITY IS SUBJECTIVE. For example, your example of being "lustful" is slut shaming. Slut shaming hurts people. Are you then a bad person? I'm sure you wouldn't think so, even though you just did a problematic, hurtful thing without even thinking anything of it.

Second, people can CONTROL THEIR ENERGY. The entire time I was growing up, my mother was scared of my father, my father was subject to nasty bipolar rage episodes, and my mother...well, she wasn't as violent, or as often, but she was emotionally manipulative enough that she didn't have to be. And nobody believed me, because they were SUCH NICE PEOPLE. Manipulators will fool you if they want it badly enough.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Themagicalone

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 44
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 02:53:41 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;129730
MORALITY IS SUBJECTIVE. For example, your example of being "lustful" is slut shaming. Slut shaming hurts people. Are you then a bad person? I'm sure you wouldn't think so, even though you just did a problematic, hurtful thing without even thinking anything of it.

Second, people can CONTROL THEIR ENERGY. The entire time I was growing up, my mother was scared of my father, my father was subject to nasty bipolar rage episodes, and my mother...well, she wasn't as violent, or as often, but she was emotionally manipulative enough that she didn't have to be. And nobody believed me, because they were SUCH NICE PEOPLE. Manipulators will fool you if they want it badly enough.

 
I've never heard this term "slut shaming" before so pardon me if I sound naieve. However being a cheater is always bad because you have betrayed your partners trust and hurt them emotionally as well as your children (if you have any) It's disgraceful and dishonorable to cheat on your partner. Being lustful however is immoral and unwise. There's a reason why a lot of religions say that you shouldn't sleep all over the place or prostitute yourself. Obviously you're more likely to catch diseases and spread it to others doing something like that.

dionysiandame

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 600
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 02:58:12 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129732
I've never heard this term "slut shaming" before so pardon me if I sound naieve. However being a cheater is always bad because you have betrayed your partners trust and hurt them emotionally as well as your children (if you have any) It's disgraceful and dishonorable to cheat on your partner. Being lustful however is immoral and unwise. There's a reason why a lot of religions say that you shouldn't sleep all over the place or prostitute yourself. Obviously you're more likely to catch diseases and spread it to others doing something like that.

 
*puts down nipple tassles* Well there goes my fun for the day.
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

stephyjh

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1597
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129732
I've never heard this term "slut shaming" before so pardon me if I sound naieve. However being a cheater is always bad because you have betrayed your partners trust and hurt them emotionally as well as your children (if you have any) It's disgraceful and dishonorable to cheat on your partner. Being lustful however is immoral and unwise. There's a reason why a lot of religions say that you shouldn't sleep all over the place or prostitute yourself. Obviously you're more likely to catch diseases and spread it to others doing something like that.

Sex-negative views that police others' right to control their own bodies hurt people. In small words, my cunt is mine and I decide what I do with it. When you try to decide for me, you treat me as not equal to you and not a grown adult capable of making my own choices. You don't have that right.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

dionysiandame

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 600
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 03:03:44 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;129735
Sex-negative views that police others' right to control their own bodies hurt people. In small words, my cunt is mine and I decide what I do with it. When you try to decide for me, you treat me as not equal to you and not a grown adult capable of making my own choices. You don't have that right.

 
But are we really surprised though? I mean if their view of "good" and "evil" is this simplistic we kind of have to expect that their views of sex would be just as simplistic.

69?! Oh no no no! We are a purely missionary and doggy-style-on-birthdays household thank you.
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

Olivia

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Nov 2013
  • Posts: 228
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 03:06:39 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129732
I've never heard this term "slut shaming" before so pardon me if I sound naieve. However being a cheater is always bad because you have betrayed your partners trust and hurt them emotionally as well as your children (if you have any) It's disgraceful and dishonorable to cheat on your partner. Being lustful however is immoral and unwise. There's a reason why a lot of religions say that you shouldn't sleep all over the place or prostitute yourself. Obviously you're more likely to catch diseases and spread it to others doing something like that.

 
How is being lustful immoral? Lust is an emotion and IMO emotions are neither moral or immoral, they just are. There is a big difference between being lustful or feeling lust towards someone and acting upon that lust. I think you're confusing promiscuity with lustfulness.

Olivia

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Nov 2013
  • Posts: 228
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:56 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;129735
Sex-negative views that police others' right to control their own bodies hurt people. In small words, my cunt is mine and I decide what I do with it. When you try to decide for me, you treat me as not equal to you and not a grown adult capable of making my own choices. You don't have that right.

 
ITA with you. :)

Breeze

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Apr 2013
  • Posts: 249
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 03:16:06 pm »
Quote from: Themagicalone;129732
I've never heard this term "slut shaming" before so pardon me if I sound naieve. However being a cheater is always bad because you have betrayed your partners trust and hurt them emotionally as well as your children (if you have any) It's disgraceful and dishonorable to cheat on your partner. Being lustful however is immoral and unwise. There's a reason why a lot of religions say that you shouldn't sleep all over the place or prostitute yourself. Obviously you're more likely to catch diseases and spread it to others doing something like that.


I am an extremely lustful person.  I have sex often, and with multiple partners.  Some of those partners have been married.  Some also have children.  I have one family member who I would murder in cold blood without batting an eye if I knew I could get away with it.  I have a particular proclivity to any number of different forms of debauchery.  So, by your wide-sweeping, archetypal simplifications that must mean I am an evil person.

I also bake and cook quite frequently and take most of it to the local soup kitchen.  I crochet blankets and afghans and donate them to hospitals and nursing homes.  I donate to our animal shelter, participate every year in our local toy drives, and donate fans and coats every summer and winter respectively. So now I'm a good person.

Only, the way you have framed things in your world, I can't be both good and bad; I have to be one or the other because obviously life and morality is black/white.  I personally believe that good and evil are the same thing, just polar opposites.  I'd say I'm somewhere near the middle, though my ego pushes me closer to the good pole.

Themagicalone

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 44
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Auras
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 03:23:58 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;129735
Sex-negative views that police others' right to control their own bodies hurt people. In small words, my cunt is mine and I decide what I do with it. When you try to decide for me, you treat me as not equal to you and not a grown adult capable of making my own choices. You don't have that right.

 
I never said I had the right. I just don't like the idea of it. Am I not allowed to express my views just because you disagree with it? Having sex isn't wrong and you don't have to wait until your married since I don't agree with abstinence. One should have sex when they are ready but also should be cautious. If not, you catch diseases, spread to others, get pregnant and try to take care of a child that you're clearly not ready to take care of and you basically ruin the kid's life because you were unprepared. All because you couldn't control your urges or were careless. So no, I think being careless and lustful is damaging and immoral to yourself and others.

But it's getting off topic. I'm using this an example of someone who clearly is immoral and lust is one of them when they look at other people as nothing more than objects and use them as they please. Sex is sacred. We exist because of this pleasure. I want to have sex with a woman I at LEAST know and care about. They don't have to be a soul mate but I should care for them then just their appearence. Making love is better than just sex. I mentioned lust because many immoral people display this trait along with greed and anger and I figure such emotions can give out energy or frequencies that one could sense spirtually. I've heard stories where someone can sense the evil in them and know full well that they are partially or fully corrupted. I know they are stories but almost all stories have some truth to them.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
15 Replies
6031 Views
Last post September 15, 2011, 11:35:19 pm
by Asch
81 Replies
9119 Views
Last post August 23, 2013, 08:46:58 pm
by Carla
15 Replies
2257 Views
Last post December 28, 2013, 02:24:49 am
by Olie
52 Replies
5369 Views
Last post December 20, 2013, 09:57:15 pm
by stephyjh
14 Replies
1247 Views
Last post May 20, 2019, 09:18:15 pm
by SunflowerP

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall