Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: First encounter with deity  (Read 1393 times)

hwke

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
First encounter with deity
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:31:49 am »
This is a short story of my encounter with Selene over the past couple days. It has been extremely uplifting and inspiring for me and I'd like to share.

Two days ago I began my journey to find my God and Goddess that are closest to me. I actually know very little about pagan mythologies (though I've learned much recently and will continue), but I'm not new to meditation. I began meditating and after a good trance I asked the universe to put me in contact with my deity.

I had a fuzzy image of what appeared to be a female minotaur. The setting was at night and we were standing at the edge of a forest. She lead me into the trees to a campfire, where she told me to blow it out. I blew the fire out (like a birthday candle) and at that exact instant there was a scratch on my bedroom door. It slightly startled me but didn't break my trance. My roommate has 2 dogs and I attributed it to one of them (though they have NEVER scratched on my door. if anything they nudge the door with their nose once if it's closed).

I continued talking with her briefly. After asking questions such as why the universe directed me to her etc, I told her I will seek her tomorrow and I'm going to go now. I said "bye" and that very instant AGAIN my door scratched. I'm not even joking, when I blew the fire out and when I said bye the scratches happened instantaneously. This time the scratch startled me very much and I opened my eyes and broke my state. I had been meditating about 30 minutes in complete silence except for these two occurrences.

I did some research online to find who this deity was, and had no luck finding any female minotaurs. So the next night I talked to her again. This time she told me her name, though it came out something like Sheena. Her image was more clear this time, and she didn't have horns. She was standing next to an ox. I talked to her for a few minutes, and asked for her blessing. I felt an intense fuzzy feeling all over my body for about 7-8 seconds. This concluded my contact with her that night.

I did some more research to find out who she is, searching the name that I thought she told me. I found out she is Selene, Goddess of the Moon. She is often depicted riding a horse or an ox. Sometimes she is depicted as having HORNS (deriving from a crescent moon), which is why I thought she was a minotaur or something on my first encounter.

I am absolutely in awe right now. Honestly, I knew basically nothing about pagan gods and goddesses. The fact that the universe directed me to her, and the details I saw with no prior knowledge is amazing.

I just wanted to share this awesome experience with you all. I am new here and hope to have a great time with this community.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:37:26 am by hwke »

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
Re: First encounter with deity
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:22:53 am »
Quote from: hwke;76436
I just wanted to share this awesome experience with you all. I am new here and hope to have a great time with this community.

That is really great. :)

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:27:18 am »

Very cool! ^^ Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your story.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Zaphaux

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 04:49:12 pm »

Welcome hwke!

I'm a little new to the Cauldron too, I'm enjoying it, so I hope you do too. It's great that you want to share your experiences with us, hope we hear more from you haha

Tags: