Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Divine symbolism in everyday life  (Read 6901 times)

troll maiden

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Divine symbolism in everyday life
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:04:36 pm »
Hi

I've noticed that whenever I feel sad or lacking inner strength I seem to attract cats and  birds. I have no doubt that it's a deity trying to speak to me.

But I'm curious, does anyone else find that they attract certain animals if they're going through a particular high or low point? :)

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: Divine symbolism in everyday life
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 05:07:18 pm »
Quote from: troll maiden;90661
But I'm curious, does anyone else find that they attract certain animals if they're going through a particular high or low point? :)

Occasionally, if I'm feeling super low, the neighbor's cat seems to be drawn to me. She was especially drawn to me when I was going through severe depression. Bast owns me, so it's not a surprise. ;)
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Juniper

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:34:02 pm »
Hi

I've noticed that whenever I feel sad or lacking inner strength I seem to attract cats and  birds. I have no doubt that it's a deity trying to speak to me.

Cats. Don't get me wrong I love dogs and my dog is my very loyal friend, but I feel as though cats are much more perceptive to my mood(s).

I have multiple ex-stray cats that now call me their own and live on and around my porch and most of them keep themselves to themselves, but as soon as my spirits are low here they come rubbing against my legs. It's very sweet.

Good job I work at an animal clinic really else I'd never have been able to spay/neuter them all and i'd have a virtual cat farm in my garden.
"I\'ve seen fake gods, and bad gods, and demigods and would-be gods; out of all that, out of that whole pantheon,
 if I believe in one thing... just one thing... I believe in her."

~David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:38:28 pm »
Hi

Animals in general become more prevalent during harsher times, although it may well seem like they become more prevalent simply because I notice them more and notice that I notice them more, not that they're actually around more frequently.

It's not cats. Usually its moths, dragonflies, snakes, rabbits, and owls.

troll maiden

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;90670
It's not cats. Usually its moths, dragonflies, snakes, rabbits, and owls.

I was swarmed by ladybirds once, when I was on a school trip and feeling under the weather. I open up the window and I'm swamped with ladybirds! Felt very odd, and hasn't happened since. Same with the moth; I was talking to a friend in their back garden and a moth flies over lands on my laps and flies off again.

Then again could've been someone up there messing with me! ;)

Snowdrop

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:06:51 pm »
Hi

That was actually a big portion of what lead me to my current beliefs.  For years now, I've been seeing crows much more often than other people seem to; as far as I'm concerned, they're everywhere.  And I always got a strong "feeling" off of them.  When I learned about the existence of the Morrigan, Who is strongly associated with crows, the lightbulb finally went on over my head, so to speak.

troll maiden

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 06:09:30 pm »
Quote from: Juniper;90667
I have multiple ex-stray cats that now call me their own and live on and around my porch and most of them keep themselves to themselves, but as soon as my spirits are low here they come rubbing against my legs. It's very sweet.

Aww I know what that's like. I've always been a cat magnet, it's a good thing they're one of my favourite animals. :)

My cat Merlin is like that, really affectionate whenever I feel under the weather. Our adopted cat Blue is a doofus but that in itself is often enough to make me smile.

troll maiden

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »
Quote from: Snowdrop;90681
That was actually a big portion of what lead me to my current beliefs.  For years now, I've been seeing crows much more often than other people seem to; as far as I'm concerned, they're everywhere.  And I always got a strong "feeling" off of them.  When I learned about the existence of the Morrigan, Who is strongly associated with crows, the lightbulb finally went on over my head, so to speak.

I've always had that with owls. It's not so much I see them more, but I've always felt a strong vibe from them. Thinking back on it, my curiosity about this may have been one of the things that nudged me onto my current path.
I've since found out about the deities associated with owls; in particular Athena.

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 07:55:00 pm »
Quote from: Shine;90662
Occasionally, if I'm feeling super low, the neighbor's cat seems to be drawn to me. She was especially drawn to me when I was going through severe depression. Bast owns me, so it's not a surprise. ;)

Not me but my daughter.  She is very special.  Bees will land on her.  She will be able to hold that bee in her hand and it will not sting her.  It has always facinated me.  I call her the bee charmer.  She also does this with butterflys.  They will land on her and stay on her.  She has save many a butterfly by moving it out of harms way.  There is just something about my precious girl.  She is a charmer as well as being spiritualy inclined and gifted, she just doesn't know it yet.  Cannot wait til she grows more and blossoms into the flower that she is.:)
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:16 pm »
Hi

Deer. Mind you there are deer all over the place where I live. But I have counted up to 20 in my yard at times.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 01:09:29 am »
Hi

Or they're totems.
Conformity is the death of individualism

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 06:48:51 am »
Hi

Crows! All the time! XD
Every member of the crow family too! It's what lead me to the Morrighan too because the amount around was ridiculous, I guess She was trying to get my attention XD Subtle She is not!
My partner actually has asked on occasion if I've been making offerings to Her or praying to Her about him because he will find that's there's an unnatural amount of crows around his home and he's usually spot on. XD
They especially seem to appear when I get mad or have a 'battle' or something to deal with too. XD
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 02:41:33 pm »

No. I don't seem to attract any animals at all. When I get depressed I am completely and utterly alone.

I don't know why everyone assumes the animals are divinely inspired. For me I'd assume they're totems before assuming some god/goddess is trying to contact me.

My totems contacting me, however, has been few and far between.

Sanacrow

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: TIW / whatever works
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 05:30:19 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;93130
Or they're totems.

Despite the popularity of that term, individuals don't have totems. Clans, tribes and families have totems. They're a community/group thing, not an individual thing.

Some people do work with with specific spirits/critters that manifest in animal shapes, but that's a spirit guide, or one of dozens of other things/ways we can work with 'others'. Not a totem.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:31:58 pm by Sanacrow »

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:50 pm »
Quote from: Sanacrow;93201
Despite the popularity of that term, individuals don't have totems. Clans, tribes and families have totems. They're a community/group thing, not an individual thing.

Some people do work with with specific spirits/critters that manifest in animal shapes, but that's a spirit guide, or one of dozens of other things/ways we can work with 'others'. Not a totem.

Or "power animals" or whatever.

Tags: