collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Custom Mythology  (Read 4278 times)

Shine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 912
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Custom Mythology
« on: February 05, 2013, 10:17:55 pm »
I wasn't sure where to put this thread. This seemed like a good place. Apologies if a mod has to move it. :o

Has anyone here written their own myths? Did you incorporate gods from one or more pantheons? Why did you write your own myths? For those who have some experience writing their own myths, was there anything in particular that tripped you up that you might warn newbies about?

Lately I've found myself writing some custom myths for a Kemetic calendar I'm making. I really want to create a framework where Bast, the Eyes of Ra, and several other Netjeru are front and center. (It's kind of turning into a "make your own Kemetic tradition" project due to how the myths are unfolding.) I've also found that I don't relate to some of the more well-known Kemetic myths, so I've had to do this. :\
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Fireof9

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 937
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:25:16 pm »
Quote from: Shine;95259
I wasn't sure where to put this thread. This seemed like a good place. Apologies if a mod has to move it. :o

Has anyone here written their own myths? Did you incorporate gods from one or more pantheons? Why did you write your own myths? For those who have some experience writing their own myths, was there anything in particular that tripped you up that you might warn newbies about?

Lately I've found myself writing some custom myths for a Kemetic calendar I'm making. I really want to create a framework where Bast, the Eyes of Ra, and several other Netjeru are front and center. (It's kind of turning into a "make your own Kemetic tradition" project due to how the myths are unfolding.) I've also found that I don't relate to some of the more well-known Kemetic myths, so I've had to do this. :\

 
Thats a seriously huge undertaking!
I started to do this a few years back, and still have not really done much with it.
What are you basing the mythology in? Your own experiences with these deity? Things that have worked for you?
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow
 
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Fireof9

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 937
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:32:20 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;95263

What are you basing the mythology in? Your own experiences with these deity? Things that have worked for you?

 BTW - I don't ask those as negatives. Just curious.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow
 
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Shine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 912
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 10:42:07 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;95263
Thats a seriously huge undertaking!
I started to do this a few years back, and still have not really done much with it.
What are you basing the mythology in? Your own experiences with these deity? Things that have worked for you?

 
Some parts look like they're going to be easier than others. Most of my custom myths are based off of Kemetic myths or symbols that already exist. Due to how I syncretize Bast, I can co-opt some myths and readjust them to fit my framework. Other myths are based off of UPG. I'm also taking into account the local area.

The tough part has been working around the Ausirian cycle of myths. I've never related with this cycle. I do relate to the Wandering Eye myths, though, so I'm building up around those. Practically, this means I have to replace a whole cycle of battles, life, death, regeneration, etc.

Also, working with so many Eyes of Ra leaves things. . . lopsided, since virtually all of the Eyes are females. XD The only gods in the myths right now are Atum, Set, Shu, and Anpu. I'm trying to work Djehuty and Shai in there, though. Maybe Wepwawet, too. Lol. It got complicated fast.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Fireof9

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 937
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »
Quote from: Shine;95270
Some parts look like they're going to be easier than others. Most of my custom myths are based off of Kemetic myths or symbols that already exist. Due to how I syncretize Bast, I can co-opt some myths and readjust them to fit my framework. Other myths are based off of UPG. I'm also taking into account the local area.

The tough part has been working around the Ausirian cycle of myths. I've never related with this cycle. I do relate to the Wandering Eye myths, though, so I'm building up around those. Practically, this means I have to replace a whole cycle of battles, life, death, regeneration, etc.

Also, working with so many Eyes of Ra leaves things. . . lopsided, since virtually all of the Eyes are females. XD The only gods in the myths right now are Atum, Set, Shu, and Anpu. I'm trying to work Djehuty and Shai in there, though. Maybe Wepwawet, too. Lol. It got complicated fast.

 
I recommend a healthy supply of Advil!

I am not all that familiar with Kemetic/Egyptian lore and mythology ( just been getting into it in the last month or so ) but it seems to me that like most mythology - there are conflicting pieces to work with. If that is how it is, I would suggest looking for the pieces of it that do not conflict within the framework of what you are doing and using those as the base for your structure. I think that, along with your personal UPG will end up with something really good.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow
 
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Shine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 912
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:59:43 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;95271
I recommend a healthy supply of Advil!

I am not all that familiar with Kemetic/Egyptian lore and mythology ( just been getting into it in the last month or so ) but it seems to me that like most mythology - there are conflicting pieces to work with. If that is how it is, I would suggest looking for the pieces of it that do not conflict within the framework of what you are doing and using those as the base for your structure. I think that, along with your personal UPG will end up with something really good.

 
I've got an industrial-sized bottle of Motrin. ;)

Kemeticism is polyvalent, so apparent opposites can be true at the same time. Unfortunately, we don't have as many myths as we'd like. It seems the ancient Egyptians didn't feel the need to compile them in various ways like other cultures did. So a lot of what we know is pieced from other kinds of literature. Since the Ausirian cycle was one of the most important collection of myths, that's what we seem to know the most about, although we do have stories about the Wandering Eye and the like.

Wherever I can't lift stuff whole, I've been making my own. So far, the entities involved haven't whacked me over the head. At worst they seem neutral about it.

Don't even get me started on the difficulties the theological model is causing. :-p
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Jack

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Location: Cascadia
  • Posts: 3168
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 90
    • View Profile
    • Jack of Many Trades
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:37 pm »
Quote from: Shine;95259
Has anyone here written their own myths? Did you incorporate gods from one or more pantheons? Why did you write your own myths? For those who have some experience writing their own myths, was there anything in particular that tripped you up that you might warn newbies about?

 
I am working on a project along these lines, though where the line between "fiction project" and "mythbuilding" lies, I'm not entirely sure. I'm doing it as an exercise in understanding what is important to me and why - sometimes I find it easier to explain in fiction than in an essay.

As far as advice, hm. I'd say don't get too hung up on what other people are going to think, or whether you're too close or too far from existing myths. Write it so it's true to you in first draft, and once you've expressed what you need to say, then you can decide what to do with it.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Shine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 912
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »
Quote from: Jack;95277
I am working on a project along these lines, though where the line between "fiction project" and "mythbuilding" lies, I'm not entirely sure.


This is a good thing to bring up. There are a lot of definitions of myths, and at the end of the day, the line between stories and mythical stories isn't so clear.

Quote
As far as advice, hm. I'd say don't get too hung up on what other people are going to think, or whether you're too close or too far from existing myths. Write it so it's true to you in first draft, and once you've expressed what you need to say, then you can decide what to do with it.

 
Yeah, I was nervous at first, then I relaxed. Custom myths are part of UPG. It's okay to have an experience that isn't "in the lore". It's okay to believe and see things differently.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to best balance between lore and UPG. I do still have a bit of a Recon slant in me, after all. And if the myths deviate too far from the characters' personalities, then they won't ring true.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Snowdrop

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 416
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:41:12 pm »
Quote from: Shine;95259
I wasn't sure where to put this thread. This seemed like a good place. Apologies if a mod has to move it. :o

Has anyone here written their own myths? Did you incorporate gods from one or more pantheons? Why did you write your own myths? For those who have some experience writing their own myths, was there anything in particular that tripped you up that you might warn newbies about?

Lately I've found myself writing some custom myths for a Kemetic calendar I'm making. I really want to create a framework where Bast, the Eyes of Ra, and several other Netjeru are front and center. (It's kind of turning into a "make your own Kemetic tradition" project due to how the myths are unfolding.) I've also found that I don't relate to some of the more well-known Kemetic myths, so I've had to do this. :\

 
Haven't done it, but I'd like to.  The Norse lore is replete with instances where the narrative mentions something as having happened, but doesn't really give any details on it, so I'd like to someday take a stab at those stories.  (Perhaps my favorite is the part where it mentions Loki eating a woman's heart, getting pregnant somehow from this, and giving birth to troll-women.  Because that?  Could seriously use some more explanation.)  

Once I have more UPG, I'd like to do some with the Canaanite pantheon as well, given that not much info survives.

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Location: Western Australia
  • Posts: 429
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 14
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Monastic, Druid, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:49:26 pm »
Quote from: Shine;95259

Has anyone here written their own myths? Did you incorporate gods from one or more pantheons? Why did you write your own myths? For those who have some experience writing their own myths, was there anything in particular that tripped you up that you might warn newbies about?

 
You're probably aware I'm having a go at this myself. Mostly because if any Sobek myths existed in the past, they haven't survived to the present day (at least, none exist that I am aware of), so I'm going to have to write them all myself. Because I feel it's important for Him to have myths about Him, even if they're my modern creations and mostly reflect how I experience Him. I don't see anything wrong with that approach, because like you said, polyvalent logic makes them all true and not true at the same time anyway.

At some point, I want to have a go at writing a trans*/queer version of the Wesirian myth cycle, and the Contendings, but it's all a little too complicated in my head right now, and I'm still trying to figure out how to approach it. The line between fiction and myth is quite blurry at this stage. I think part of my hesitation is in whether to treat the two as a single narrative arc, or as two (or more) separate ones, which is why I haven't really done anything about it apart from think it would be an excellent thing to do because more queered myths is always a good thing and I don't know why no one has done Wesir's before so.

I'm still trying to get my head around whether there is any significant difference between mythology fandom (in which fanfiction about gods and mythological figures), fiction involving Gods, and religious myth-writing like what we want to do for our Gods. Because I am struggling to separate them in any meaningful way, and I'm not sure that's because there is little difference between them, or because I have a foot in each camp and honestly can't figure it all out because reasons. Or if there's some other reason(s) involved I can't think of. *handwaves*
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Shine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 912
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:57 pm »
Quote from: cymrudraco;95285
You're probably aware I'm having a go at this myself. Mostly because if any Sobek myths existed in the past, they haven't survived to the present day (at least, none exist that I am aware of), so I'm going to have to write them all myself. Because I feel it's important for Him to have myths about Him, even if they're my modern creations and mostly reflect how I experience Him. I don't see anything wrong with that approach, because like you said, polyvalent logic makes them all true and not true at the same time anyway.


I remember reading about it on your blog. I think we may have talked about it once or twice on Wordpress, too.

Quote
At some point, I want to have a go at writing a trans*/queer version of the Wesirian myth cycle, and the Contendings, but it's all a little too complicated in my head right now, and I'm still trying to figure out how to approach it. The line between fiction and myth is quite blurry at this stage. I think part of my hesitation is in whether to treat the two as a single narrative arc, or as two (or more) separate ones, which is why I haven't really done anything about it apart from think it would be an excellent thing to do because more queered myths is always a good thing and I don't know why no one has done Wesir's before so.


Write two different arcs at first. See what kind of vibe you get from them. Then split them up into more arcs or combine them as seems most logical and meaningful to you. The first draft doesn't have to be perfect. :)

Quote
I'm still trying to get my head around whether there is any significant difference between mythology fandom (in which fanfiction about gods and mythological figures), fiction involving Gods, and religious myth-writing like what we want to do for our Gods. Because I am struggling to separate them in any meaningful way, and I'm not sure that's because there is little difference between them, or because I have a foot in each camp and honestly can't figure it all out because reasons. Or if there's some other reason(s) involved I can't think of. *handwaves*

 
Same here. I think when it comes to a religious practice, part of it is intent. If the stories you write get integrated with your practice, then they're more along the lines of myth. If the stories are for pure entertainment, then they're more in the fanfic direction.

With Kemeticism, the myths give a context for heka and add another layer of meaning and perception to reality. If your stories do that as well, then you're probably poking around myth territory.

There's probably tons of stuff I haven't thought of either. It does get a little overwhelming at times.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Jack

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Location: Cascadia
  • Posts: 3168
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 90
    • View Profile
    • Jack of Many Trades
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »
Quote from: Snowdrop;95284
Haven't done it, but I'd like to.  The Norse lore is replete with instances where the narrative mentions something as having happened, but doesn't really give any details on it, so I'd like to someday take a stab at those stories.  (Perhaps my favorite is the part where it mentions Loki eating a woman's heart, getting pregnant somehow from this, and giving birth to troll-women.  Because that?  Could seriously use some more explanation.)  

 
Oooh, I have all kinds of Thoughts and Feelings and Opinions about that. I love to see other peoples' takes on it too, so I hope you'll be posting if you do take that on.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Lokabrenna

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 829
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 12:07:35 am »
Quote from: Shine;95259

Has anyone here written their own myths? Did you incorporate gods from one or more pantheons? Why did you write your own myths? For those who have some experience writing their own myths, was there anything in particular that tripped you up that you might warn newbies about?

 
I have my own "headcanon" but I haven't actually written any of it down. I like the idea of writing more queer-friendly myths based on some UPG I've heard, but the closest I've come is in my fiction. I'm currently writing a story where my gay protagonist honours the Oak King and Holly King and sees them as lover-rivals even though they fight for the Goddess's hand at certain points of the year, because deities don't really have a cut-and-dry sexuality, in his opinion.

But, I don't know, it seems like an ambitious undertaking, and I don't know if I'm ambitious enough to create my own myth-cycle.

Sobekemiti

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Location: Western Australia
  • Posts: 429
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: au
  • Total likes: 14
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Monastic, Druid, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:22 am »
Quote from: Shine;95286
I remember reading about it on your blog. I think we may have talked about it once or twice on Wordpress, too.


Yeah, I've been considering it for a while, but have really only recently taken it more seriously as a Thing I need to do. I'll probably ramble about it some more as I work on them. I might end up doing another PBP on this, though, once I figure out my thoughts in a way that doesn't involve rambling and lots of 'IDEK's and such.

Quote from: Shine;95286
Write two different arcs at first. See what kind of vibe you get from them. Then split them up into more arcs or combine them as seems most logical and meaningful to you. The first draft doesn't have to be perfect. :)


That's what I thought about doing. I had conceived of them as separate ideas, but they still kind of blend together. I'm having trouble figuring out where to start, so I might reread the myths and just see what jumps out at me. I think it'll take a while, though. It's turned into some kind of mythological epic in my head. o.o
 
Quote from: Shine;95286
Same here. I think when it comes to a religious practice, part of it is intent. If the stories you write get integrated with your practice, then they're more along the lines of myth. If the stories are for pure entertainment, then they're more in the fanfic direction.

With Kemeticism, the myths give a context for heka and add another layer of meaning and perception to reality. If your stories do that as well, then you're probably poking around myth territory.

There's probably tons of stuff I haven't thought of either. It does get a little overwhelming at times.

 
Yeah, see, I thought about intent as well. But even then, it kind of blurs for me. But like I said, it may just be that I get confused by it all because I have a foot in each camp, and that complicates it. I mean, yes, I want to do these for religious purposes, but I also want others to enjoy them too. They are stories meant for sharing.

I think I find the discernment between the two so difficult because I'm a writer, and it kind of gets a bit more complicated for me, because writing itself can be heka, so the line is very blurry. I ... can't really say for sure that I don't try and figure religious things out in my not!myth writing, because I think I probably do. Particularly because when I write about Gods in a fictional sense, it always gets a little bit religious anyway. They're not just characters; they're real beings I am writing about, and I have met Gods by writing fiction I wouldn't have met otherwise. (I met Ha-Shem that way, ffs.) So. I think it's a little more complicated for me than it might be for other people, just because of how I write and how I work with Gods in a myth-writing and fiction-writing kind of way?
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Shine

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 912
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: Custom Mythology
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 12:27:41 am »
Quote from: cymrudraco;95289
Yeah, I've been considering it for a while, but have really only recently taken it more seriously as a Thing I need to do. I'll probably ramble about it some more as I work on them. I might end up doing another PBP on this, though, once I figure out my thoughts in a way that doesn't involve rambling and lots of 'IDEK's and such.


My next PBP is going to be on custom mythology. (There's another C coming up, isn't there?) Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the subject. :)

Quote
That's what I thought about doing. I had conceived of them as separate ideas, but they still kind of blend together. I'm having trouble figuring out where to start, so I might reread the myths and just see what jumps out at me. I think it'll take a while, though. It's turned into some kind of mythological epic in my head. o.o

 
Even the Kemetic myths themselves were pretty fragmented in terms of narrative arc. That we have them in "epic" form is due to scholars, not the ancients themselves.

If you can't figure something out, just start anywhere. That's what I did. The first few paragraphs were junk, then inspiration kicked in and some interesting stuff started appearing on the page.
 
Quote
Yeah, see, I thought about intent as well. But even then, it kind of blurs for me. But like I said, it may just be that I get confused by it all because I have a foot in each camp, and that complicates it. I mean, yes, I want to do these for religious purposes, but I also want others to enjoy them too. They are stories meant for sharing.


Weren't myths meant for sharing anyway? Or do you mean you'd like to get your stories published in short fiction magazines? You can write the myths in myth form, and then write "fiction" over the top of it. Think of all the stories that have been written on top of Greek myths, for example.

Quote
So. I think it's a little more complicated for me than it might be for other people, just because of how I write and how I work with Gods in a myth-writing and fiction-writing kind of way?

 
Writing about living beings does get a bit complicated. You end up running your final products past them. "Does this wildly and horribly offend you? No? Terrific, let's release this little darling into the world, then." They have some say. Believe me, Set's already poked his nose in here and there to make sure that he gets, I dunno, a good spot? Lol. I'm a writer, too, but I guess I'm a little more compartmentalized than you are.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
5820 Views
Last post April 07, 2017, 05:57:02 am
by Shewhoseeks
8 Replies
2986 Views
Last post May 09, 2013, 05:40:25 pm
by Louisvillian
6 Replies
2407 Views
Last post September 06, 2011, 08:36:20 pm
by Fier
1 Replies
2023 Views
Last post January 06, 2015, 10:13:46 pm
by Kelly
19 Replies
3259 Views
Last post July 07, 2016, 01:49:27 am
by SunflowerP

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall