collapse

Author Topic: What is your religion/spiritual identity?  (Read 10975 times)

TheImperialCult

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Greco-Roman Polytheist
Re: What is your religion/spiritual identity?
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2017, 08:12:29 pm »
To be honest, I'm jealous. I've been in three separate mental institutions and not a damn one of them gave me internet access. Where are you staying?

I can't be blamed for your cognitive failings - I only know what I observe.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: doo-doo-doo-dee-doo
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 08:44:03 pm »
I can't be blamed for your cognitive failings - I only know what I observe.

True, true you cannot. Nor would I want you to be blamed! I have spent many years engaged in the fine cultivation of my cognitive failings. Countless hours have been devoted to crafting only the most superlative of neuroses; and I really would hate if someone else took the credit.

ETA: Although it is difficult to surpass the original lyrics, I adore modern renditions of 'I've Got a Little List' and the one in that second video is fantastic! Pop culture references to Gilbert and Sullivan warm my heart ^_^
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:46:20 pm by Castus »

TheImperialCult

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Greco-Roman Polytheist
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 09:10:38 pm »
ETA: Although it is difficult to surpass the original lyrics, I adore modern renditions of 'I've Got a Little List' and the one in that second video is fantastic! Pop culture references to Gilbert and Sullivan warm my heart ^_^

I didn't know that was a Gilbert and Sullivan song - just more evidence the gods are very very pissed and have been for a very very long time.

Sorcha

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2017, 09:31:58 pm »
Since I've been coming to this forum, I always glance at what people put as their "religion" and 90% of them I've never heard of.

So what is your religion? What does it mean? How did you stumble upon it?

I think I replied to this thread somewhere along the way, but this continues to change, so I'll weigh in again.

I consider myself a really wierd sort of Christian, essentially. I worship the Christian God, although they and I have had a rather awkward relationship for awhile and it's highly formal right now. Still, I have plans to officially join the Episcopal Church sometime in the next year. It feels like a good religious home communally and a good place to explore.

I also honor/revere/worship Brigid. I kind of look at gods as individuals who are also manifestations of one big God, so to speak. I think growing up with the concept of the Trinity where Jesus is his own person while also being a manifestation of God makes this work, and Brigid has been highly comforting as a liminal figure who exists quite comfortably in both the pagan and Christian world. I see her position as the midwife of Mary as incredibly symbolic: paganism gently ushering the Christ into the world instead of the two being at odds with one another (this without discounting that they have often been extremely at odds--I have experienced my fair share of harm in Christian churches and don't want anyone to think I'm dismissing this).

This is what's working for me right now. I don't know where I'll land in 5-10-20 years, but this is the happiest I've been spiritually in a long time, so I think I'll hang out here for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorcha

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2017, 09:37:29 pm »
I think I replied to this thread somewhere along the way, but this continues to change, so I'll weigh in again.

I consider myself a really wierd sort of Christian, essentially. I worship the Christian God, although they and I have had a rather awkward relationship for awhile and it's highly formal right now. Still, I have plans to officially join the Episcopal Church sometime in the next year. It feels like a good religious home communally and a good place to explore.

I also honor/revere/worship Brigid. I kind of look at gods as individuals who are also manifestations of one big God, so to speak. I think growing up with the concept of the Trinity where Jesus is his own person while also being a manifestation of God makes this work, and Brigid has been highly comforting as a liminal figure who exists quite comfortably in both the pagan and Christian world. I see her position as the midwife of Mary as incredibly symbolic: paganism gently ushering the Christ into the world instead of the two being at odds with one another (this without discounting that they have often been extremely at odds--I have experienced my fair share of harm in Christian churches and don't want anyone to think I'm dismissing this).

This is what's working for me right now. I don't know where I'll land in 5-10-20 years, but this is the happiest I've been spiritually in a long time, so I think I'll hang out here for awhile.

I should also add that I have pantheistic tendencies. So make of that what you will. It's simply how the world makes the most sense to me.

Oniaten

Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Neo-Atensicism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »

Without getting too bogged down in the details, I practice Atensicism.  Atensic (or Ataensic, Atahensic, etc.) is the mother goddess of the Iroquoian peoples and founder of the Iroquoian pantheon.  The path is that of traditional Iroquoian religion (as opposed to more recent traditions [e.g., the Code of Handsome Lake and the Native American Church]).  I discovered Atensicism after growing discontent and dissatisfied with my former faith and wanting to learn more about the historic traditions of the land on which I was born and raised (and to which I hold a strong and ancestral bond).
"What man places faith in his heart above the animal that rages deep inside?"
—Primordial, Wield Lightning to Split the Sun

Mivi

• Apprentice
    Attack Member
  • God divination/kut ceremony/prayerwork by apptmt!
    • View Profile
    • Website
  • Religion: 무속신앙 Mugyo
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2017, 10:24:16 am »
Since I've been coming to this forum, I always glance at what people put as their "religion" and 90% of them I've never heard of.

I had my initiation almost a month ago. I'm an ordained shaman-priest  (mudang) with my people's indigenous tradition mugyo.

I only realized I was meant to be one when i received dreams from my ancestors telling me things i never would have known. I am able to do 신점 god divination, 기도 prayer ritual, and 굿 grand ceremonies.
Mivi | Mudang (Korean shaman-priest)

만신

Naunau

• Sr. Apprentice
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »

I don't really have one, either as religion/spirituality/identity or combinations of such.

However, since I'm ignorant on these matters and I'm aware that something important to me is missing, I'd like to consider myself an eager student of many things, to some degree, if I can, as long as I can.

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »

Well mine is pretty self explanatory - I practice the old cunning craft with modern updates where appropriate - think of the old folk magic.

I'm also an initiated religious witch and teacher.

Tags: