Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: What is your religion/spiritual identity?  (Read 22268 times)

Svipdagr

• View Profile
Re: What is your religion/spiritual identity?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2017, 03:04:36 pm »
Quote from: Eevee;198076
Since I've been coming to this forum, I always glance at what people put as their "religion" and 90% of them I've never heard of.

So what is your religion? What does it mean? How did you stumble upon it?

As of myself I usually tell people that "I'm heathen without adjectives". I worship Freyja, the Great Lady, and give offerings to her, even though I also honor the other gods of the norse pantheon. I could be classified as "vanatrui", but I really don't like the term, as I have on occasion honored gods of other pantheons. If a certain god helps me, I'm inclined to honor that god and give offerings and sacrifice.

As to how I stumbled across it... Hmmm... My ancestral gods have always been close to me. In my teens I would frequently pray to Óðinn and Þórr and sacrifice to them. Later I was enthralled by hermetic philosophy and became more or less pantheistic. But now that the Great Lady has revealed herself to me, she's more or less my patron deity.

Shewhoseeks

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2017, 07:41:05 pm »
Since I've been coming to this forum, I always glance at what people put as their "religion" and 90% of them I've never heard of.

In transition to Kemeticism - currently reading a lot of books on ancient Egyptian religion to better understand how to live it. Djehuty called me and has been sticking around pushing me towards my current studies.

As I have no clue when I may consider myself a Kemetic I will be in transition til then.

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2017, 06:48:25 pm »

In the loosest sense, I am an eclectic,  but that eclecticism has given rise to a theology derived from my contemplation, meditation, and studies. I have tried to come up with a name for this way of being, but none seem adequate. There is not a single word in any language that reflects the totality of what I am trying to express. It is not a "fertility" or a "ecstasy" tradition (a dichotomy I don't believe in to begin with). It is a wisdom tradition. It is a way behind the ways. It is balance, it is justice, it is wisdom, it is many things. However since no word can properly summarize my convictions, my theology, I have dubbed it the Nameless Path. Drawing from all things, but truly none of them. I may write a book about it one day, but I am a state of constant revision and refinement where it is concerned, always amending based on new findings. If such a thing should occur, there will be no outer court nor inner court in the sense people commonly think of it. The outer court would be those who do not resonate with it and thus do not take it upon themselves to declare their adherence to it. The inner court would simply be those who agree with it. I think the notions of inner and outer courts as they presently exist need to fade from the world. Sacred wisdom regardless of who has revealed it rightfully belongs to the entire human species.
https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

NightSpook

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2017, 08:01:09 pm »

I used to class myself as solely Wiccan but over the years my path started to change, though I still celebrate the Sabbats I can feel more comfortable saying Eclectic Pagan.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 11:00:29 pm »
Quote from: Castus;198094
I am a Reform Jew, devotee of Antinous in the tradition of the Ekklesia Antinoou, and cultor Deorum (worshipper of the Roman gods).

I suppose I should update this. Anyhow, I identify as a Qaraite Jew; i.e. a Jew who rejects the binding authority of the Oral Torah/Talmud and is part of a theological tradition separate from that of Rabbinic Judaism. While the common spelling in use in the U.S. is 'Karaite', I use 'Qaraite' instead; to indicate that I'm not associated with the Karaite Jews of America organisation, the Karaite Council of Sages which is located in Israel; etc.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:01:22 pm by Castus »
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2017, 02:00:07 am »

Although I haven't yet found a religion that I think has nailed the answer down to the power of the world. should we really be praying to a god or gods when you look at the state of the world. I think life is a game and I play the game. the force is lethal in its execution of life on earth be it an act of god or by humans. I think life should be about finding the perfection of one's self feeling in a state of wellness that most will never achieve due to the ignorance of mankind. I hope the situation dissolves.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

LittleBlackbird

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Wiccan, Hedgewitch, Fairy Faith
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2017, 08:07:36 pm »
You are all far more interesting than I am! I've been reading through all of these and I am simply fascinated. I had no idea you could be more than one religion. That's a new concept to me.

I would say I am an Eclectic Neo-Pagan Wiccan/Hedgewitch. Still in the learning stages. I'm solitary. As far as I know, there isn't much of a pagan community where I live and I wouldn't know how to fit into it. I also practice the Fairy Faith. Hedgewitch is a solitary practitioner, and are more like the neo version of Wise Women and Cunning Men. One of my resources say the path is based off European Shamanism, particularly in the UK and Germany. Neo-Pagan means I worship in a modern way, and that even though these are based off old religions, this is a new way to practice them.

Eclectic because the Gods who call to me come from Greek, Slavic, Roman, Celtic and Germanic pantheons. Part of the reason I am eclectic, is that I am a mix of different European peoples, though I don't believe I have any Greek in me. I'm one of those people who does take ancestry into consideration and often feel closer to the Gods of my ancestors. But that is just my personal experience and I know it is different for other people.

It was so long ago I got into witchcraft. This has been an on and off religion for me for a long time. I really don't remember, but part of it was a dream in which a Goddess visited me. I was probably 17 or 18 years old. I have explored Asatru and Druidry, but these days am drawn to Wicca and Hedgewitchry. I am learning to be a Hagazissa (Hedge Sitter in German).

Skumring

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Rökkatru
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2017, 01:41:20 am »
Although I haven't yet found a religion that I think has nailed the answer down to the power of the world. should we really be praying to a god or gods when you look at the state of the world. I think life is a game and I play the game. the force is lethal in its execution of life on earth be it an act of god or by humans. I think life should be about finding the perfection of one's self feeling in a state of wellness that most will never achieve due to the ignorance of mankind. I hope the situation dissolves.

I am Rökkatruar, so a bit of a different take on Heathenry though I also pay my respects and such to all of the Gods & Goddesses of the Norse Pantheon.

@Sevensons: Before I found my Path I'd have agreed with you to the fullest. However, my own Path points out that one cannot grow and become greater or stronger without adversity. There is also the fact that you cannot have Life without Death and vice versa.

I'd be very interested in continuing this discussion but I think perhaps we ought to make it its own thread. If you're game by all means, let's move this one to its own thread!
Owner of Dusk's Embrace Woodworking

At Dusk's Embrace Woodworking we strive to use only naturally sourced materials to make our products out of respect and love for our home.

Facebook: @DusksEmbraceWoodworking

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2017, 10:28:40 pm »

I suppose I should update this. Anyhow, I identify as a Qaraite Jew; i.e. a Jew who rejects the binding authority of the Oral Torah/Talmud and is part of a theological tradition separate from that of Rabbinic Judaism. While the common spelling in use in the U.S. is 'Karaite', I use 'Qaraite' instead; to indicate that I'm not associated with the Karaite Jews of America organisation, the Karaite Council of Sages which is located in Israel; etc.

Alrighty, time for another update. Currently involved with the Apostolic Johannite Church; looking into being confirmed and then starting a mission in my area.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2017, 11:16:43 pm »
I am Rökkatruar, so a bit of a different take on Heathenry though I also pay my respects and such to all of the Gods & Goddesses of the Norse Pantheon.

@Sevensons: Before I found my Path I'd have agreed with you to the fullest. However, my own Path points out that one cannot grow and become greater or stronger without adversity. There is also the fact that you cannot have Life without Death and vice versa.

I'd be very interested in continuing this discussion but I think perhaps we ought to make it its own thread. If you're game by all means, let's move this one to its own thread!

Not sure if this is the place to be asking, but what is Rokkatru? I've seen a few references to it around lately, but I haven't been able to find much information.
https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

TheImperialCult

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Greco-Roman Polytheist
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 04:39:37 pm »

I was an atheist until I started a subreddit for The Imperial Cult of Rome and discovered I am a god.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:45:15 pm by TheImperialCult »

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
I was an atheist until I started a subreddit for The Imperial Cult of Rome and discovered I am a god.

I am struggling to find the humour that you must be trying very hard to achieve.

TheImperialCult

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Greco-Roman Polytheist
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 04:52:24 pm »
I am struggling to find the humour that you must be trying very hard to achieve.

No humor at all involved - your species fucked up big.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2017, 05:16:23 pm »
No humor at all involved - your species fucked up big.

To be honest, I'm jealous. I've been in three separate mental institutions and not a damn one of them gave me internet access. Where are you staying?

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »

To be honest, I'm jealous. I've been in three separate mental institutions and not a damn one of them gave me internet access. Where are you staying?

I've only been in one, but I've been in it four times. No Internet access there, either, but when I asked they did give me a pen and paper....

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.