Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Reality VS Superstitions  (Read 7655 times)

mlr52

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.GIN.michaellrichardson.com
Re: Reality VS Superstitions
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2013, 06:05:13 am »
Quote from: Marukai;92298
Mistakes as in counting money? Not recently, but it has happened in the far distant past. I don't use cash at all these days... It's all plastic.. With cash you get annoying pennies..

Whatever types of mistakes the wanted to visit upon others.

lets see about annoying pennies:
       100 = $1.00
    1,000 = $10.00
  10,000 = $100.00
100,000 = $1,000.00

They do add up.
If you still find them annoying, you could (if inclined) donate them to TC.
Light Your Candle, In Love and Service, Blessed Be.
I am a Notary Public for The State of New York, - I do not charge for Notary Fee\'s, I Live in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Marukai

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2013, 07:13:07 am »
Quote from: Fireof9;92315
Because of your pet Djinn?

That does not strike you as the least bit unethical?

I'm really shocked that no one here has a knowledge of Spirit/Entity keeping. It is a wonderful thing and brings wisdom into your life.

Marukai

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013, 07:14:25 am »
Quote from: mlr52;92318
Whatever types of mistakes the wanted to visit upon others.

lets see about annoying pennies:
       100 = $1.00
    1,000 = $10.00
  10,000 = $100.00
100,000 = $1,000.00

They do add up.
If you still find them annoying, you could (if inclined) donate them to TC.

The Ifrit also wants me to wish for a Sex Slave... Should I take him up on this Dark Wish?

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2013, 08:24:00 am »
Quote from: Marukai;92250
I don't judge peoples beliefs. I'm just trying to establish what is Superstitious or I should have said Fictitious in place of Superstitious.

It sounds like you are saying that entities you believe in are real and those you don't are fictitious. While it is certainly possible that the existence/non-existence of various things for reality as a whole depends on whether or not you personally believe in them, it seems very unlikely. Concerning not something I would accept as true without overwhelming evidence supporting the claim.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2013, 08:32:12 am »
Quote from: Marukai;92324
The Ifrit also wants me to wish for a Sex Slave... Should I take him up on this Dark Wish?

I think you should consider an entire harem of incubi and succubi, to be honest. Why stop at just one non-consenting entity when you can BOGO free?
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »
Quote from: Sage;92341
I think you should consider an entire harem of incubi and succubi, to be honest. Why stop at just one non-consenting entity when you can BOGO free?

ALthough i would guess that the Ifrit wants him to wish for a sex slave for the Ifrit, not himself.  

Just a thought.
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: get free; get others free; make new life in the aftermath
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2013, 02:51:57 pm »
Quote from: mandrina;92421
ALthough i would guess that the Ifrit wants him to wish for a sex slave for the Ifrit, not himself.  

Just a thought.

Silly.  Spirits don't want things for themselves.  They exist to show up at our bidding and grant our wishes, obviously.
And beings that choose not to show up and dance and make scary faces for our amusement (or as part of a long and entertaining grift) obviously aren't real.
"Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."
- Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

Marukai

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2013, 07:08:06 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;92338
It sounds like you are saying that entities you believe in are real and those you don't are fictitious. While it is certainly possible that the existence/non-existence of various things for reality as a whole depends on whether or not you personally believe in them, it seems very unlikely. Concerning not something I would accept as true without overwhelming evidence supporting the claim.

My beliefs seem parallel to some other people. Things like Angels never existed in Sumeria or Egypt. I suppose a Deva that works with Indra in Hinduism could be characterized as an Angel, but no one can truly say... I'm really curious about some of the mythological creatures. Things like the Gorgons and Nagas have a striking similar resemblance. They are both half human/snake Merfolk are similar but half fish instead of snake. The Gorgons I am less likely to believe in because they consisted of 3 sisters Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. Medusa was the only Gorgon that was mortal and thus was killed. The Nagas are a race of beings in Hinduism/Buddhism which would make them more likely to be real because they are a race of many just like Jinns are a race.

Things like Faeries and Elves also seem rather strange. Elves/Faeries are talked all throughout the Celtic civilizations and to this day they Elves are talked about when Xmas comes.

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2013, 08:22:08 pm »
Quote from: Marukai;92520
My beliefs seem parallel to some other people. Things like Angels never existed in Sumeria or Egypt. I suppose a Deva that works with Indra in Hinduism could be characterized as an Angel, but no one can truly say... I'm really curious about some of the mythological creatures. Things like the Gorgons and Nagas have a striking similar resemblance. They are both half human/snake Merfolk are similar but half fish instead of snake. The Gorgons I am less likely to believe in because they consisted of 3 sisters Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. Medusa was the only Gorgon that was mortal and thus was killed. The Nagas are a race of beings in Hinduism/Buddhism which would make them more likely to be real because they are a race of many just like Jinns are a race.

Things like Faeries and Elves also seem rather strange. Elves/Faeries are talked all throughout the Celtic civilizations and to this day they Elves are talked about when Xmas comes.

Elves are a bit more of a Scandinavian/Germanic thing......
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Lorien35

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:36 pm »
Quote from: Marukai;92192

I just think she's a fable... In lore Solomon was given a ring that gave him control over demons because he only asked for wisdom from God instead of wealth. Lilith is a Demon, so I cannot see why she would me exempt from the power from the so called ring.

I don't understand how the fact that she's not in Solomon makes her a fable, exactly, I mean if we go merely by numbers, and assume that the lore about Solomon in right, just because he had power over all demons didn't mean he had the time to invoke all of them. I mean he had a mortal lifetime and they are, as tradition will have it, legions.

Lorien35

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »
Quote from: Marukai;92202
Has Lilith ever been attributed to supernatural sleep paralysis?

Yes, she has.

Lorien35

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 06:42:34 pm »
Quote from: Marukai;92520
I'm really curious about some of the mythological creatures. Things like the Gorgons and Nagas have a striking similar resemblance. They are both half human/snake. The Gorgons I am less likely to believe in because they consisted of 3 sisters Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. Medusa was the only Gorgon that was mortal and thus was killed. The Nagas are a race of beings in Hinduism/Buddhism which would make them more likely to be real because they are a race of many just like Jinns are a race.

Nagas and Gorgon aren't really similar, I personally believe that the Gorgon might have been fashioned after three human sisters whose image was then amplified and/or distorted. Creatures much more similar would be Asian snake spirits, I know that in China they're labelled Jings (which means spirit or ghost) while in Japan they are considered Yokais and remarkably similar to a variety of other animal and plant like spirits (Nekos -although only the evil ones; Kitsunes), in China another noticeably similar one would be the spider. A very popular story about a powerful snake is Bai niang niang (miss White; or the White Snake), which has been adapted in so many forms the original tale is barely recognisable anymore.
My gran'uncle also used to tell me an indian (south america so I suppose the term is native?) tale about magical snakes taking the form of handsome young men and women to seduce mortals and have children with them, the children would be born looking like snakes but with the ability of speech, and magic.
I leave you to decide whether or not they're "real", i personally think they are, but then I wouldn't call Lilith a fable even if I don't believe in the biblical version of the story either.

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »
Quote from: Marukai;92100
So what is everyone's view of this? I believe in things like Faeries and Jinns, but then some say oh no, that's being superstitious. I have no doubt that Witchcraft is real. It has been practiced for eons in so many ways.

So what is superstition? Things like Lilith and Krampus?

What is reality?

yeah i believe in...like... all of the things. to me its kind of wongus to say you believe in magic and gods but not things like fairies and jinns. how do people even have enough brain power to draw that line!?
well i guess when it comes to things like vampire vs twilight vampire its easy to say which ones more likely

Lorien35

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 07:02:11 pm »
Quote from: Olie;100912
its kind of wongus to say you believe in magic and gods but not things like fairies and jinns. how do people even have enough brain power to draw that line!?
well i guess when it comes to things like vampire vs twilight vampire its easy to say which ones more likely

Twilight vampires are pixies anyway.

Tags: