collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Other than European  (Read 12213 times)

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Other than European
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2014, 10:17:44 am »
Quote from: stephyjh;137378
I've been doing a lot of thinking, and it's my opinion that nobody was in the right in this thread, myself included. Did Atehequa act like a complete ass? Absolutely. But he wasn't the only one, and I'd like to apologize for my part in piling onto him.

I will not turn this into a sexual joke...I will not turn this into a sexual joke...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:18:16 am by dionysiandame »
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

herenow

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2014, 08:54:28 pm »
Quote from: Atehequa;137205
Perhaps you are just annoyed by my being here? I'm pretty use to non-NDN Pagan people being annoyed by NDNs, especially outspoken ones.  

The video concerns an NDN's love and respect for the mother.

Ya know, I hope no one fell for this troll.
He comes in here with an 'Indian' avatar and uses 'Indian' words and claims to be the  victim of white people who won't talk to him.
He's changed his avatar and has probably gone away now, but I hope he hasn't influenced any sympathetic people.  I can imagine trolls like this getting people to PM them and then selling them BS.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2014, 09:37:17 pm »
Quote from: herenow;137567
Ya know, I hope no one fell for this troll.
He comes in here with an 'Indian' avatar and uses 'Indian' words and claims to be the  victim of white people who won't talk to him.
He's changed his avatar and has probably gone away now, but I hope he hasn't influenced any sympathetic people.  I can imagine trolls like this getting people to PM them and then selling them BS.

Two wrongs don't make a right, though, and I feel like this thread in general got a lot uglier than it needed to. DNFTT and all that.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Louisvillian

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Syncretic religio romana/Hellenised Romano-British religion
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »
Quote from: Atehequa;135186
I was wondering if the primitive spiritual beliefs of non-European people around the globe are considered 'Pagan' by those who practice forms of 'Paganism' that are European in origin?

To me, "pagan" denotes an approach to lifestyle, philosophy, spirituality, or religion that focuses on one's habitat. One can be a pagan without having anything to do with Europe, or polytheism, or the ancient world.
Now, specifically talking about Neopaganism is a tad more difficult. Because Neopaganism is, generally, the revival of ancient pagan and polytheistic views/practices. Most of the root source material is of European in origin, though much is also Near Eastern. But when it comes to Eclectic or non-differentiated forms of Neopaganism, one's influences, styles, and practices start to source from all over the place instead of any one region or culture.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:54:40 pm by Louisvillian »

Atehequa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2014, 05:01:47 am »
Quote from: Merin;137281
Self fulfilling prophesy or illusions of persecution from the Cauldron members.  How's that for arm chair psychology. :p

I, for one, am relieved that the trollish behavior has left the building...for now.

So let me get this straight, I'm a behavior, not a human being?
Muckhswe kee sishet tepe?

Atehequa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2014, 05:21:54 am »
Quote from: Valentine;137301
You have made it pretty clear what you were fishing for, cat.
I hope the coup you counted was worth the trouble you took to manufacture it here, and brought you some measure of satisfaction, or something.

Would you of interacted with me otherwise?

Oddly enough people did, but only after they deemed me as hostile. Many commenting upon this thread surely didn't welcome me here when I initially introduced myself here on this forum, but now they have something to say, especially after they thought me to be gone from here.

I could state something like - Let us start over in a good way, but feel I would be ignored or shunned.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Mar Thoma Liberal Catholic
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2014, 05:39:05 am »
Quote from: Atehequa;151104

Did you seriously necromance a thread from January to kvetch at months-old posts?
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

Atehequa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2014, 05:58:20 am »
Quote from: Castus;151111
Did you seriously necromance a thread from January to kvetch at months-old posts?

I replied after being absent for awhile. Is that against the rules or just something that bothers you?

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2014, 07:36:00 am »

[mod=Host Hat On]You appear to be a jackass -- or at least your behavior on this board is no better than that of a jackass. If you want to be treated like a human being here, act like one. You've had more than enough chances. If you continue to behave like a jackass. I will ban you for being rude and annoying. This is your final warning.[/mod]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:38:02 am by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Merin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2014, 10:43:04 am »

Haha, no, of course you are not a behavior--you are a human being. :)  However, keep in mind that your behavior is all we can go on via internet forum.  How you behave is a part of how we perceive you.  It is just that way. *shrugs*

Atehequa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2014, 01:51:33 pm »
Quote from: Merin;151377
Haha, no, of course you are not a behavior--you are a human being. :)  However, keep in mind that your behavior is all we can go on via internet forum.  How you behave is a part of how we perceive you.  It is just that way. *shrugs*

What other words can I offer while under the scrutiny of one who resorts to derogatory name calling and threatens to rub me out for any further civil comment? I'm called a behavior, troll or jackass, yet have not resorted to such name calling myself. I arrived here as an individual, not as one George W. Bush referred to as being "either with us or against us"  

Mostly I came here hoping to find solidarity with other non-Christians. I realize crossing or even bridging cultural gaps is not always such smooth and easy going. Even more unsettling is when those of different cultures meet and clash. Ignorance regarding the customs of others often becomes like fertile ground for breeding contempt. Most contemptuous of such clashes seem to occur when those of a more primitive mindset interact with those of seemingly more civilized culture.

My mistake as I thought Paganism to be a path through or bridge over such a deep and wide cultural gap.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:55:06 pm by Atehequa »

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2014, 03:21:55 pm »
Quote from: Atehequa;151587
What other words can I offer while under the scrutiny of one who resorts to derogatory name calling and threatens to rub me out for any further civil comment? I'm called a behavior, troll or jackass, yet have not resorted to such name calling myself. I arrived here as an individual, not as one George W. Bush referred to as being "either with us or against us"  

Mostly I came here hoping to find solidarity with other non-Christians. I realize crossing or even bridging cultural gaps is not always such smooth and easy going. Even more unsettling is when those of different cultures meet and clash. Ignorance regarding the customs of others often becomes like fertile ground for breeding contempt. Most contemptuous of such clashes seem to occur when those of a more primitive mindset interact with those of seemingly more civilized culture.

My mistake as I thought Paganism to be a path through or bridge over such a deep and wide cultural gap.

I don't feel like anyone has "called you a behavior," but your behavior has been pointed out. I don't think this gap is cultural. I think it's due to your conduct. As such, yes, the patience of those who have been involved is strained.

-Robert Burns

Atehequa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2014, 05:30:02 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;151602
I don't feel like anyone has "called you a behavior," but your behavior has been pointed out. I don't think this gap is cultural. I think it's due to your conduct. As such, yes, the patience of those who have been involved is strained.

Well we all should have the basic if not natural human right to think. At this point I think you deem me an adversary. Your various replies through this thread betoken this. You've made me aware of your feelings, but do go on if you think I'm not aware as of yet. Please don't get too strained.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2014, 05:55:44 pm »
Quote from: Atehequa;151644
Well we all should have the basic if not natural human right to think. At this point I think you deem me an adversary. Your various replies through this thread betoken this. You've made me aware of your feelings, but do go on if you think I'm not aware as of yet. Please don't get too strained.

*sigh* See, that's the thing. I don't think of you as an adversary, and I've tried several times, in this thread and elsewhere, to mend fences with you so that we could get along. But when I do, I get the sarcasm and the attitude and the hostility. I'd like to get along with you, but I feel like you would rather have a problem so that you can leave in a huff again, with another speech about how mean we are to you. I'm really not sure what you even hoped to gain with such a snide response, to be honest.

Think of it this way. To the long-standing members of this site, TC is our online home. Would you stand in someone's living room and address them the way you've talked to the people in this thread?

-Robert Burns

Atehequa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2014, 06:55:34 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;151648
*sigh* See, that's the thing. I don't think of you as an adversary, and I've tried several times, in this thread and elsewhere, to mend fences with you so that we could get along. But when I do, I get the sarcasm and the attitude and the hostility. I'd like to get along with you, but I feel like you would rather have a problem so that you can leave in a huff again, with another speech about how mean we are to you. I'm really not sure what you even hoped to gain with such a snide response, to be honest.

Think of it this way. To the long-standing members of this site, TC is our online home. Would you stand in someone's living room and address them the way you've talked to the people in this thread?

Why apply 'we' when I'm replying directly to you? And really, I'm not attempting to be snide, but labeling me as thus does seem rather 'mean'. So alright, lets get along, unless this is not my living room as well.

Tags: