collapse

Important Announcement

Changing the Guard at The Cauldron

Sunflower is the new Host of The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
Please read this thread for more information.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: More info on Gwyddon?  (Read 4267 times)

axismundi

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: More info on Gwyddon?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 03:17:24 am »
Quote from: Fireof9;119143
Which ones? The American ones or the Welsh ones?

The Welsh ones.

axismundi

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 05:41:00 am »
Quote from: Fireof9;119143
Which ones? The American ones or the Welsh ones?

But then that rumour came from a wiccan guy that approached them but got a 'flea in his ear' for bothering them.  An attempt by a few disgruntled wiccans to undermine in some way.

Just to be clear I am an Alchemist and Magician and have no affiliations.

Mariea

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 02:18:54 pm »
Quote from: axismundi;119130
Here in Wales the rumour is that the Gwyddons called themselves that because they all lived in a street with the word Gwyddon in it.

*chuckles*

Behind my Grandparents' house was Ffordd Ddyfrdwy, I am really glad that family didn't come from there hehe, my rubbish Northern English accent can just about tackle Gwyddon without sounding like I'm chomping on a bunch of nettles.

This thread has really grabbed my attention, I'm heading down to Mostyn next week, I have a lot of reading to do beforehand!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:21:59 pm by Mariea »

Lydia

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 09:24:39 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;118979
I actually have zero idea how many practicing Gwyddons there are in North America. I know who the people in my college are.

What is the name of the Gwyddonic college that you belong to?
It is more often than not the case that dominance-asserting sociopaths rule over decent people, due to the more power-hungry nature of the former. That principle is demonstrated well by various internet forums. ...*ahem*

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 10:34:10 pm »
Quote from: Lydia;121802
What is the name of the Gwyddonic college that you belong to?

College of the Blue Butterfly
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Lydia

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 11:13:00 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;121805
College of the Blue Butterfly

I figured that you belonged to a different college, since the CotBB is located in Lexington, Kentucky, whereas you live in British Columbia. Do you attend the college sessions online? And what about the rituals?
It is more often than not the case that dominance-asserting sociopaths rule over decent people, due to the more power-hungry nature of the former. That principle is demonstrated well by various internet forums. ...*ahem*

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 11:15:28 pm »
Quote from: Lydia;121810
I figured that you belonged to a different college, since the CotBB is located in Lexington, Kentucky, whereas you live in British Columbia. Do you attend the college sessions online? And what about the rituals?

We do most things online, which is surprisingly effective. I know when I joined I certainly had my doubts about how well it would work, but it does.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Lydia

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;118960
However if you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them either in this thread or in a pm.

What does 'ayea' mean (as in 'ayea Kerridwen', 'ayea Kernunnos', etc.)?

MairwenGwydd

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://mariadkins.com
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 05:28:56 pm »
Quote from: Lydia;122622
What does 'ayea' mean (as in 'ayea Kerridwen', 'ayea Kernunnos', etc.)?

basically the same as ALL HAIL. but if you look it up in a dictionary, that definition is YES. :p
~ I\'m a Gwyddon. I don\'t believe this shit. I know this shit.
~ “I am a little tune that the Boundless hummed one day. In time, if all goes well, I hope to be a song.”

Tags: