Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:45:55 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 06:39:30 pm]

Author Topic: General/Non-Specific: It's going great, thanks! (A thread for what's working for us right now.)  (Read 3129 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
I thought it might be fun and interesting to have a thread for talking about what's working in our practices and religious lives right now. Have at it!

(Note: this thread is in the Pagan Religions forum for a reason - it'd be great to focus on the specifically Pagan stuff here, since there are different kinds of challenges and successes in different religious structures and communities. Feel free to start other threads in other appropriate forums if you'd like to focus on other paths or mixtures of practices or beliefs.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
I thought it might be fun and interesting to have a thread for talking about what's working in our practices and religious lives right now. Have at it!

I just had the last of our Dedicant (pre-initiation) classes with my current Dedicant, and I'm so excited to see what happens next. (Well, to be specific, the next thing is I send her a bunch of 'here are details of what you send me to request initiation', but more metaphorically than that.) We had a great conversation, too.

I also have three current Seekers, which is also good and exciting, but it's still very early in the getting-to-know process on all sides. (They have two more Seekers classes left, then I do the 'do you want to Dedicate' process.)

On the more personal front, I'm in the second half of a class on the Rites of Glamour (by Deborah Castellano), and I just got two new Tarot decks I'm looking forward to exploring (starting tomorrow, they just came in on Thursday).

One is the Herbcrafter's Tarot which just came out, and which is stunningly gorgeous (here's Benebell Wen's detailed review) and the Light Seer's Tarot, by Chris Anne (not a mode I normally aim for, but I loved the images when the Kickstarter was up, and backed it. The cards are stunningly gorgeous, very vibrant (and diverse), and the quality is extremely high.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

I've been doing regular karaoke at a local historic gay dive bar in honor of the apotheosis of Freddie Mercury for a year and a half now, and it's going very well. More and more I can feel his presence when I sing, even if, of course, my actual voice is not quite on his level.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers

Well over the past year or so I've progressed from a feeling of craving more spirituality to a feeling of being more spiritual.

Additionally I'm getting gradually more reliable at marking the wheel of the year holidays, and to some extent also at planning ahead for these occasions &, I guess the terminology might be, 'designing' my desired activities.  This includes being a bit more independent from my eclectic Wiccan friend, in terms of not relying on her mostly to make the plans for these occasions but instead going ahead and coming up with my own.

Oh and I finally made a start on my Grimoire over this past year, having found a book I liked for this purpose.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft

Currently part way through the latest seekers course with my own group of students. It's a year long commitment from both them and me  so is absorbing a lot of my time and energy.  I'm enjoying it though.

Otherwise I'm plodding along doing routine stuff and working on a year long commitment of my own asked of me by a fairly new active goddess in my life. The bulk of the work will be done by autumn equinox and I'll wrap it up at the end of December. Should be all done by Imbolc.

TsundokuTeaTime

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Left Hand Path with a dash of Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them

Been crafting more and more sigils lately. Think it's working out quite well! I was inadvertently shoaling some sigils and encountered a fortuitous black swan. Right now, I'm trying to focus on shoaling sigils intentionally and identifying black swan outcomes linked to the related sigils. I feel like I need to be getting more specific with the meanings, honestly. But also having enough leeway for the positive effect to generate.

One thing I've been meaning to get into is working with glamours. So that'll be in the near future. I'll probably be picking up Deborah's Glamour Magic sometime soon. Since I saw her recommended in various places.

Jenett, I'd love to hear how that glamour class is working out for you!

Hmm...I'm also trying to post on here more. My energy levels are kind of shot lately, so it can be hard to post or even remember to. XD On a side note, I've been reading about Taoist magical techniques and folk magic. Not to mention Marie-Louise von Franz's Projection and Recollection In Jungian psychology.

AND! I freakin' finally have my magical name. Came to me and just sounded right. A lot of inspiration lately. Ridin' that wave.
“It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself." ~Salvador Dali

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile

I've settled into a daily/weekly schedule that seems to be working well for me; no forgetting a prayer time or having the urge to skive off ritual (which used to be a problem). Also, I remembered to bake offering bread, which is in the freezer now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca

I just recently became a Dedicant in the Blue Star tradition of Wicca. I love the grove I'm with and the people in it, but I also like that having a group ritual calendar keeps us all accountable to actually doing something for every new/full moon and sabbat, something that I was slacking on quite a bit when I was solitary.

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile

I'm at the moment into looking at containment's with crystals glass gold silver most of my items are very metaphysical so having the correct different storage to help and enhance the situation a red vase for red crystals clear vase for glass bottles sort of helps blessings.

[Restoring close-quote code - SP]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 11:35:02 pm by SunflowerP »
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
I'm at the moment into looking at containment's with crystals glass gold silver most of my items are very metaphysical so having the correct different storage to help and enhance the situation a red vase for red crystals clear vase for glass bottles sort of helps blessings.

[Restoring close-quote code - SP]
A more pleasing metaphysical test is to match your clothing with the same colour erasers keep them on you and when you feel crap just say eraser it knocks the pants off most spells.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

TsundokuTeaTime

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Left Hand Path with a dash of Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them

I've been away working on different stuff like a good little Pagan girl. Got into writing again recently and that's helped open up my creative energies. Stopped for some time, but it's way too natural of a flow for me to leave alone. Been working on auric/shielding/color psychology stuff as well since that last post on here inquiring about glamours. Had a HUGE success with it last time. Totally thankful! Surprising to say the least.

Besides that, goin' through Strategic Sorcery and actually doing the damn exercises. Feels good to get back to the basics and get in touch with different forms of breathing. Also been altering my way of offering. Not just to my own Divinities/Spirits and whatnot, but extending them to local spirits and other stuff. Reading about Taoist magical practices made my transition to this easier. Will be interesting to see what the future brings.
“It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself." ~Salvador Dali

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
I just had the last of our Dedicant (pre-initiation) classes with my current Dedicant

I am delighted to say that as of earlier this evening, I have a brand new initiate in my tradition. (This is also the first person where I have been primary initiator, rather than assisting in the ritual, so this is really exciting on a personal level.) Long may the Craft continue.

My three seekers are all considering Dedicancy (all are interested, and are in the 'doing the stuff to request that' stage). And I'm in some very early conversations with other priests and priestesses in the area about a project we're all interested in.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
I am delighted to say that as of earlier this evening, I have a brand new initiate in my tradition. (This is also the first person where I have been primary initiator, rather than assisting in the ritual, so this is really exciting on a personal level.) Long may the Craft continue.

Congratulations!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Jainarayan

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
I've settled into a daily/weekly schedule that seems to be working well for me; no forgetting a prayer time or having the urge to skive off ritual (which used to be a problem).

Similar for me too. I make time in the morning for daily puja before I leave for work or errands. It takes anywhere from 10-12 minutes. I get a sense of completion and that I'm starting the day off right. I used to skip it more often than not. It also helps that I've finally settled on a format. There is no right or wrong way, except for temples which must follow ritual procedures, it's highly personal and individual. And I am getting better with memorizing and chanting the mantras and verses in Sanskrit.

Tags: