collapse

Author Topic: General/Non-Specific: It's going great, thanks! (A thread for what's working for us right now.)  (Read 240 times)

Jenett

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
I thought it might be fun and interesting to have a thread for talking about what's working in our practices and religious lives right now. Have at it!

(Note: this thread is in the Pagan Religions forum for a reason - it'd be great to focus on the specifically Pagan stuff here, since there are different kinds of challenges and successes in different religious structures and communities. Feel free to start other threads in other appropriate forums if you'd like to focus on other paths or mixtures of practices or beliefs.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Jenett

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
I thought it might be fun and interesting to have a thread for talking about what's working in our practices and religious lives right now. Have at it!

I just had the last of our Dedicant (pre-initiation) classes with my current Dedicant, and I'm so excited to see what happens next. (Well, to be specific, the next thing is I send her a bunch of 'here are details of what you send me to request initiation', but more metaphorically than that.) We had a great conversation, too.

I also have three current Seekers, which is also good and exciting, but it's still very early in the getting-to-know process on all sides. (They have two more Seekers classes left, then I do the 'do you want to Dedicate' process.)

On the more personal front, I'm in the second half of a class on the Rites of Glamour (by Deborah Castellano), and I just got two new Tarot decks I'm looking forward to exploring (starting tomorrow, they just came in on Thursday).

One is the Herbcrafter's Tarot which just came out, and which is stunningly gorgeous (here's Benebell Wen's detailed review) and the Light Seer's Tarot, by Chris Anne (not a mode I normally aim for, but I loved the images when the Kickstarter was up, and backed it. The cards are stunningly gorgeous, very vibrant (and diverse), and the quality is extremely high.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Eastling

• Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Dionysian pop culture paganism and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

I've been doing regular karaoke at a local historic gay dive bar in honor of the apotheosis of Freddie Mercury for a year and a half now, and it's going very well. More and more I can feel his presence when I sing, even if, of course, my actual voice is not quite on his level.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

PerditaPickle

• Sr. Master Member
  • What is this Personal Text then...?
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers

Well over the past year or so I've progressed from a feeling of craving more spirituality to a feeling of being more spiritual.

Additionally I'm getting gradually more reliable at marking the wheel of the year holidays, and to some extent also at planning ahead for these occasions &, I guess the terminology might be, 'designing' my desired activities.  This includes being a bit more independent from my eclectic Wiccan friend, in terms of not relying on her mostly to make the plans for these occasions but instead going ahead and coming up with my own.

Oh and I finally made a start on my Grimoire over this past year, having found a book I liked for this purpose.
"If I get on, Susan thought, it'll all start again.  I'll be out of the light and into the world beyond this one.  I'll fall off the tightrope.
But a voice inside her said, You want to, though...don't you...?
Ten seconds later, there was only the snow."
(Terry Pratchett's Hogfather)

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft

Currently part way through the latest seekers course with my own group of students. It's a year long commitment from both them and me  so is absorbing a lot of my time and energy.  I'm enjoying it though.

Otherwise I'm plodding along doing routine stuff and working on a year long commitment of my own asked of me by a fairly new active goddess in my life. The bulk of the work will be done by autumn equinox and I'll wrap it up at the end of December. Should be all done by Imbolc.

TsundokuTeaTime

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: In Flux

Been crafting more and more sigils lately. Think it's working out quite well! I was inadvertently shoaling some sigils and encountered a fortuitous black swan. Right now, I'm trying to focus on shoaling sigils intentionally and identifying black swan outcomes linked to the related sigils. I feel like I need to be getting more specific with the meanings, honestly. But also having enough leeway for the positive effect to generate.

One thing I've been meaning to get into is working with glamours. So that'll be in the near future. I'll probably be picking up Deborah's Glamour Magic sometime soon. Since I saw her recommended in various places.

Jenett, I'd love to hear how that glamour class is working out for you!

Hmm...I'm also trying to post on here more. My energy levels are kind of shot lately, so it can be hard to post or even remember to. XD On a side note, I've been reading about Taoist magical techniques and folk magic. Not to mention Marie-Louise von Franz's Projection and Recollection In Jungian psychology.

AND! I freakin' finally have my magical name. Came to me and just sounded right. A lot of inspiration lately. Ridin' that wave.
“It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself." ~Salvador Dali

Sefiru

• Staff
    • View Profile

I've settled into a daily/weekly schedule that seems to be working well for me; no forgetting a prayer time or having the urge to skive off ritual (which used to be a problem). Also, I remembered to bake offering bread, which is in the freezer now.

Tags: