Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Goddess Spirituality: Importance of God in Mcfarland Dianic Tradition  (Read 2418 times)

rous54

• Sr. Apprentice
  • An ye harm none, do as ye will
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/they/their
Importance of God in Mcfarland Dianic Tradition
« on: May 23, 2019, 12:15:00 pm »
I have recently discovered the Mcfarland Dianic Tradition (MDT) which is Goddess oriented and accepts both males and females.  This is important for me because I am MAAB (male assigned at birth) and I identify as non-binary gender so it is really inspiring to find a tradition that accepts my current male gender presentation.

One thing that MDT believes in is the following: "our view [is] that the Goddess is the immortal supreme creatrix and the God is Her mortal lover and consort".

I am on the fence regarding God being a mortal. I believe that there needs to be some reverence for God and I do not consider him to be totally mortal.

Does anyone have insight into this regarding whether to consider God as mortal or immortal? And how much importance to give to God?

Thanks.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Importance of God in Mcfarland Dianic Tradition
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 06:11:10 pm »
Does anyone have insight into this regarding whether to consider God as mortal or immortal? And how much importance to give to God?

Not sure, but they might be using 'mortal' in the strict sense of 'dies (and is then reborn)' which is fairly common in Goddess/God religions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Klaw

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Norse Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 07:16:27 pm »
I have recently discovered the Mcfarland Dianic Tradition (MDT) which is Goddess oriented and accepts both males and females.  This is important for me because I am MAAB (male assigned at birth) and I identify as non-binary gender so it is really inspiring to find a tradition that accepts my current male gender presentation

I am very happy for you, for what looks to be something you are really passionate about. I do think, in my opinion, that before you lesson or dismiss the God aspect that you try incorporating him into your practices for awhile. If it makes you feel more comfortable, then make it gradual. Once you have experienced that, you may receive your own answers to these questions. I really think this would give you all the information you need on how much or if at all to include the masculine. You may find that in this case the two energies compliment each other or it may not.

rous54

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 04:30:36 pm »
Not sure, but they might be using 'mortal' in the strict sense of 'dies (and is then reborn)' which is fairly common in Goddess/God religions.

Even so, God is not in the same realm of Goddess so to speak.  I am still not clear how much I accept that God is a mortal.

I am very happy for you, for what looks to be something you are really passionate about. I do think, in my opinion, that before you lesson or dismiss the God aspect that you try incorporating him into your practices for awhile.

I don't believe that would help. In the past few years I have not prayed once to God.  I get inspiration and guidance from Goddess.  I don't associate at all with the horned God.  I consider my alter ego to be mostly feminine so not sure how I would incorporate any masculine.  This might be a bit blasphemous but I am a little nervous from the horned God.  I am not against the union of God and Goddess and I believe that it is sacred but this doesn't address God being the mortal consort of Goddess.

Klaw

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Norse Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 04:56:15 pm »
I don't believe that would help. In the past few years I have not prayed once to God.  I get inspiration and guidance from Goddess.  I don't associate at all with the horned God.  I consider my alter ego to be mostly feminine so not sure how I would incorporate any masculine.  This might be a bit blasphemous but I am a little nervous from the horned God.  I am not against the union of God and Goddess and I believe that it is sacred but this doesn't address God being the mortal consort of Goddess.

Maybe try a simple offering like incense. Since you are referencing the horned God, are you looking at Celtic? There is always a Sun God. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, but feel that sometimes you can only get answers from the source. You may be able to get answers on the importance of God from the Goddess.

rous54

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 05:00:12 pm »
Maybe try a simple offering like incense. Since you are referencing the horned God, are you looking at Celtic? There is always a Sun God. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, but feel that sometimes you can only get answers from the source. You may be able to get answers on the importance of God from the Goddess.
That makes sense. I will look up spells for the God. I didn't know there could be other Gods than the Lord horned God. Will have a look. Thanks.

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk