collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Pop Culture Paganism: A Mercurial project: call for participants  (Read 365 times)

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Dionysian pop culture paganism and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
A Mercurial project: call for participants
« on: June 13, 2020, 06:14:26 pm »
Many of you already know that I am in forever in the midst of a slow, difficult, messy project to put together a religious text for my peculiar faith. Drawing from my Jewish background, I decided what I needed was a proper Talmud: a collection of spiritual commentaries on and religious conclusions drawn from the canonical songs of the Queen discography. A little while ago, I settled on how I would do it.

I'm looking for a handful of "students" to contribute to this project: people who want to listen to the discography of Queen song by song with new ears, discuss each song and album with me, and read some texts for background along the way (no more than ten books and probably less). At the end, I would compile our commentaries and discussion into a single volume.

Obviously this is quite an undertaking--I figure everyone could go at their own pace. Would anyone be interested in joining me for this project? So far Castus has volunteered as a guinea pig, but I'm thinking I'll need multiple viewpoints.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: A Mercurial project: call for participants
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 06:36:58 pm »
Obviously this is quite an undertaking--I figure everyone could go at their own pace. Would anyone be interested in joining me for this project? So far Castus has volunteered as a guinea pig, but I'm thinking I'll need multiple viewpoints.

Although I am quite busy with a writing project myself among other matters, I would like to make time to contribute to this project.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Dionysian pop culture paganism and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
Re: A Mercurial project: call for participants
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:44:26 pm »
Although I am quite busy with a writing project myself among other matters, I would like to make time to contribute to this project.

Yay, participation!

I haven't completely ironed out the required reading yet (I am particularly looking for a different book on Zoroastrianism, one that focuses more on what a twentieth-century adherent would have known, but haven't found one yet), but you can see a more detailed summary of the project here.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Tags: