Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: "I'm Not Wiccan, but..."  (Read 8894 times)

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
Re: "I'm Not Wiccan, but..."
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 10:04:21 am »
Quote from: Audris;12138

Also, my friend and I were talking about this today and perhaps this is a bit of a sore subject but we've noted that Neo-Wiccans on youtube, Wiccan Together etc consciously separate themselves from Traditional Wicca because they see it as too rigid and as homophobic. Neo-Wicca seems to have attracted quite a large gay following and I've noted gay Neo-Wiccans griping about traditionalist texts coming over as homophobic. I suppose a lot of this could be misunderstanding since there's such a big focus on the duality and balance of the god and goddess.. I know that The Witches' Bible, which is super coven-orientated and was written by Alexandrian wiccans, definitely states that homosexuality is a no go.

My HPriestess recieved her 3rd* from Stewart Farrar, has her name mentioned in A Witches Bible, and is actually the longest serving AlexandrianHPriestess in Ireland since Janet took up Progresive Witchcraft and no longer calls herself Wiccan. We currently have a homosexual elder, and many more bisexual members, so I assure there aren't any problems.

Wicca is big on polarity, another thing that I believe defines 'Wicca,' so whether it's passing the chalice around, or sitting around the circle for the feast, it's strictly done in a male-female order, so as long as someone can assume the correct role for the ritual, it's all grand.
Semper Fidelis

arkeiryn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: "I'm Not Wiccan, but..."
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 01:49:10 pm »
Quote from: Carnelian;11890

Also a fair point, although (and I could be wrong), the Celts only celebrated the four fire festivals (Imbolg, Beltane, Lughnasadh, Samhain), not the solstices and equinoxes.

I didn't know that, but I've always thought of them as different anyway (hence me mentioning "solar events" as well as "British folk holidays" ;)). I also feel more drawn to the solar events anyway, rather than the folk festivals (must be my inner scientists :p).
"That which yields is not always weak."

"Yes my lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers"

Tags: